State of Directives on PTS - 7/24

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by jweathers, Jul 24, 2014.

1. jweathers Systems/UI Design Lead

We're pushing another version of our Directives system up to PTS today. There are still several cosmetic bugs, but the system should be mostly functional. This is a very large content system and has the potential to degrade performance. It's tough for us to properly evaluate the system internally and we need your help . If you can, jump on PTS over the next few days and help us by completing as many Directives as you can. Let us know of any issues you find. General feedback is always welcome too.

Known bugs:
    • Directives of other empires show up but are empty
    • Previous tier directives are missing text and icons
    • Up x 6
  2. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

well. Its not that easy to test it sine there arent enemys for killing, dead allys for rez. etc. :/
  3. hawken is better

You could make this much easier by allowing us to complete directives based on VR dummy kills. Also, haven't been able to get on the test server all day but there was a 300 or so MB download when I first tried.
    • Up x 7
  4. Alarox

5. klanderso Developer

• Up x 1
  6. Doomzzg

See you next week
    • Up x 2
  7. klanderso Developer

Nah, it'll be quicker. It's my #1 task for today.
    • Up x 1
  8. Regpuppy

It might be a bit rough trying to test most of these, considering the lack of people to shoot and just how long some of these would take. Especially on the test server.
  9. d_carey Developer

We have plans to increase Test participation...
    • Up x 1
  10. TheWoodMaker1

So @d_carey when will the new build be on the test server. I have stayed up to test this. Its getting near to midnight in the UK. Can't wait for directives
  11. klanderso Developer

It's going! There's a lot of data, so it's going to take a while.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheWoodMaker1

So what? In hours if you dont mind :)
  13. AdmiralArcher

well....you could add in something that gives players kills everytime they do something? like every time you fire 1 bullet out of any gun, you get 1 kill for that gun?

it might take a bit of code work, but it would speed up the testing alot
  14. blueangleofdeath

I used to test a long time ago but thinking of starting again. The resource revamp is one really big thing I'm excited about. How do I signup for so I can get the rewards for my live character?
  15. Klypto

Vanu needs to abduct live players onto test for the sake of science.
  16. Neilas Astelan

Are the new Directives Auraxium Weapons play testable in VR?
  17. hawken is better

Test server is up... but you can't use any of the Directive weapons :(

Damn it.
  18. Neilas Astelan

The new pistols finally have proper sounds, animations, and models, as well as some cool new helmets coming down the pipe (Crusader helmet is a neat one).
    • Up x 1
  19. NevarxTR

PTS is too bugged.
  20. AndreDoc

PTS server is offline now?