I'm sick of being forced to beta test Hossin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Baleur, Jul 21, 2014.

1. miraculousmouse

CAUTION : EARLY EXPEDITION
    • Up x 3
  2. WycliffSlim

This... this right here is why I almost never go on the official forums anymore. The sheer amount of absolute mind numbing stupidity is overwhelming.

The damn continent is SUPPOSED to be infantry focused. You can still use vehicles on it though. Adapt, it's not that hard and stealth AP tanks are actually a lot of fun but I'm sure you'll never figure that out because you clearly hate change of any sort.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    • Up x 2
  3. Crayv

While I do like Hossin overall, I was kinda hoping for more actual swamp rather than an even more mountainous version of Amerish with more trees and nearly every base is wedged into a valley/ravine.
  4. Udnknome

Haven't played Amerish in a while? It's mostly valleys now, with just a few mountains. Even the dreaded Bastion is basically on a flat plain now.
  5. volth

Yea we paying to beta test SOE's map.
    And thanks to CL it's the only map with good fights on Ceres.
    • Up x 1
  6. Chipay

Everyone wanted a FINISHED HOSSIN RIGHT NOW OR I UNSUB.

People haven't changed their minds. They wanted new, bugfree, finished content from the start, and they still want that up until this day.
  7. LodeTria

I think some plants & things could use no collision, some are put in area's that are just useless to infantry & blockade vehicle access for flanking. I'm not saying make all of them no collision, but some area's are just stupid with it.
  8. InoxGecko

Honestly, I like hossin. But for the love of god, SOE please, get rid of the fog. My frames are awful on Hossin because of the fog. And I can't be the only one, I don't have enough money for a high end gaming PC :(
  9. Badname707

I would like Angelina Jolie to blow me, but not only do I want her to blow me, I want her to get 10 years younger, and then blow me.
    • Up x 3
  10. Moz

Well i stopped reading at "hossin is aweful for flying"......

Every experianced pilot i know says its a flight paradise..
  11. TomoB

Last time I played I seemed to get stuck everywhere because there were stupid cavities and potholes I couldn't get up as non-light assault class. But hopefully they are getting fixed, altough it seemed like they were very intentionally put there. I was like wtf were they thinking, is it fun to force ppl redeploy?
  12. SacredRay

Me and my friend don't really like Hossin, but it contributes a small part to our general experience of the game. If 1 map is ruining the game for you, then I don't think its the maps fault.

FYI, I've flown Libs, ESFs and driven Tanks on Hossin and I've had no problems. Hossin is good for flying, or learning how to fly.

Lastly, it might also be the server. On Emerald when we play, the other 1 or 2 continents also have battles on them. You know sh*t is going down when even Esamir has a queue.
  13. Jalek

Stay away from the bottom edges of walls and rocks. Eventually I might fall into every hole and get bug reports sent.
    For new maps, a /stuck report function would be nice, but /bug also works and I assume gives them coordinates.
  14. Chipay

I can only imagine how horrible a company must be if wanting bug-free finished content in a timely matter is apparently too much asked
  15. Badname707

Things are finished when they are finished. To demand it be completely finished *RIGHT NOW* is an unreasonable expectation. Personally, I'm still holding out on anti-aging devices and Angelina deciding to finally get with a real man.
  16. andy_m

Ditto.

Hossinside rules. It is my default continent if it is unlocked and there are no interesting alerts on.
  17. Paragon Exile

I must've missed it when SOE made this game subscription based. I could've sworn it was F2P.

6/10 Volth
  18. VSDerp

19. Zotamedu

Hossin has the potential to be a great continent. The bases are much more interesting than most other continents except new Amerish. New Esamir needs to be completely remade again because it is crap with all the walls. Indar is better since the redesign but it still needs some love. Mainly the bottom right corner that needs to be redesigned from scratch. It's an interesting design with canyons but it is horrible to defend. It needs bases and easier access to the ridges for the defenders. Now it's easiest to get to the top as an attacker which is all wrong.
  20. Haquim

I support your vision of Hossin - less mountains and hills above bases means less Magriders spamming the PPA everywhere other tanks can't.