the ESF situation on Emerald is bordering on insanity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleech, Jul 18, 2014.

1. WycliffSlim

While it's not 100% sure the common consensus is that the Red Baron was shot down by a round fired from the ground.

More relevant. We're playing a video game. What happens in real life should be nearly 100% irrelevant. It doesn't matter how "real" airforces work because this isn't a real airforce. This is a game.
    • Up x 1
  2. [NNG]WillTerry

So team work is irrelevant?
    • Up x 1
  3. Hartkernharald

yeah i fly emerald tr as well, it's not that bad. i'm not talking about the actual server situation here, just about what will happen if those gank squads become more frequent. i've seen it happen before ;)
  4. Fleech

i said the tanking community is dying, ESF's are contributing to its decline. so many tankers switched to libs its not even funny. and yes, ESF's are stopping me from having fun. thats the point of this thread. i can't go 2 seconds out in the open without ESF spam. and when qry is on forget about it, i just log off. there is no aspect of this game i enjoy more than tanking. the infantry game is not for me, the air game is not for me, i like tanking. how are you not getting this.

if something exists in the game, does that mean it should exist in the game? hornet missles are completely broken. an agile fighter craft should not have such a huge damage output against a vehicle that can do nothing about without sacrificing its ability to be effective at its role.
  5. nubery

Team work is clearly irrelevant!
  6. [NNG]WillTerry

Your posts are hard to read because someone seems to have hornet missiled your punctuation.
    All grammar aside. ESFs are stopping you from having fun? I think you are perhaps stopping yourself from having fun by only trying one aspect of a combined arms game.

A tank is not the answer to every situation in Planetside, it may be in World of Tanks. Say MAX suits were my favorite thing. I would be be foolish to think I could MAX around everywhere I went.

If the tanking community is dying why are there tanks everywhere? Perhaps you are alone on this.
    Shoot I was in a Vanguard for many hours today having fun. No one shot hornets at me because I had a skyguard, it is a good counter.
  7. vanu123

It's a second rate air game. #DeathBall2str0nk
  8. Emotitron

If they are all over you, it would tend to mean that they have already dealt with enemy air. The reward for controlling the airspace over a base... is controlling the airspace over a base.

Not saying it doesn't suck for tanks, but that kind of is how the chain events works. Air domination leads to vehicle domination (unless you are throwing up mad anti-air), which leads to a spawn room camp out.
    • Up x 1
  9. [NNG]WillTerry

Well put.
  10. Verviedi

I've posted this before. This is the current air game.
    Your arguments make me guess that you fully support spawncamping QRY gank squads camping warpgates and making it impossible to get into flying. Naturally, I hold this argument in contempt. As PANF leader, we have standard procedures to follow in the air, due to the proliferation of skygods.
    A. Always fly together as one giant blob. This gives us a chance against one skygod camper.
    B. Only use nosegun to start. If the enemy pilot executes the "reverse manuever", all PANF in the area will activate their tomcats or attempt to ram.
    C. Coyotes are only to be used against people who execute the reverse manuever.
    Why? Because why should people who can magically fly backwards and wreck everything with no chance for those wrecked to learn anything be rewarded? If anything, coyotes should be 500 certs, seeing as they are:
    1. Only useable in CQC. This punishes skygods who abuse the game's intolerably juvenile physics.
    2. Do absolute **** damage, and have a tendency to actually hit the person who fired them.

The skill floor must be lowered. Currently the cycle for a flying noob is:
    1. Pull ESF. Possibly crash into warpgate or flip while landing.
    2. Wait 20-40 minutes for resources and timer.
    3. Repeat until proficient at existing.
    4. Leave the warpgate and immediately get ganked by campers.
    5. Wait 20-40 minutes for resources and timer.
    6. Repeat until proficient at leaving warpgate. Most people quit by now.
    7. Find a fight, and possibly kill another newbie pilot, usually by ramming.
    8. Get ganked by impossibly skilled gods who fly in 9 dimensions.
    9. Wait 20-40 minutes for resources and timer.
    10. Learn to aim nosegun. VR training is useless, so this must be done in live combat. This can take up to 100 hours. Most sane people quit now.
    11. Leave warpgate and hit a person a few times, maybe kill him.
    12. Get ganked by impossibly skilled pilots who fly backwards.
    13. Learn how to fly backwards. This can take days.
    14. Kill some people, then get ganked by aces again.
    15. Practice moar, knowing you will never beat the aces.
    • Up x 1
  11. Emotitron

To be fair though, I have seen the problem before ( and have been part of it ) where a handful of good pilots from the various factions all become friends, and then log into the same faction and pretty much destroy the air game because now each faction doesn't have its share of good pilots up. My arch nemesis on Connery - Fearmypewpew became my best friend in game, and we would always log on as the same faction with a few other friends with mains on various factions and would pretty much clear the skies during the slower hours earlier in the day. It was pretty uncool looking back on it.

That particular complaint if it is being made here, I can agree with.
    • Up x 1
  12. [NNG]WillTerry

Lol.

I support camping. I knows tanks do as well.
  13. Verviedi

What are you talking about? I'm speaking from an ESF viewpoint. I love mah lolpods.
  14. [NNG]WillTerry

You misunderstand me, I was not being sarcastic. I enjoy airhammering spawnrooms as much as any red blooded human.
  15. Verviedi

Same here, though with PPA. However, the camping I was referring to was when a squad of ESFs sit outside an enemy warpgate and gank anything that goes out.
  16. [NNG]WillTerry

I think that to be a rather viable tactic during an alert. Deny the enemy air and you let your own tanks roam free.
  17. Verviedi

That is true, but there is a fine line between TACTICAL SUPERIORITY and dickishness. I understand when it happens during alerts, but it just pisses me off when 6 randoms are camping the WG at 10:00 AM when there's no alert. I trust you to see the difference.
  18. [NNG]WillTerry

I usually go to another continent if that happens. Or I just deploy two hexes over and fly away. You only have to pull at the warpgate on Hossin anyways.
  19. Sebastien

But ESFs are right? Because they're the fastest thing in the game, they can leave when the fight turns to ****, they can choose where, what, and when to engage because of this speed.
    This is something people never understand. Speed is King. It's the most important aspect of Combat, the ability to engage and disengage at will means that when you overstep your capabilities, you can just fly away. The only true counter to an ESF is another ESF, which means the true Meta is flying an ESF because when you're good enough, you can take all comers.
    I mean ****, I destroyed lawngnome's Skyguard in a Reaver with the Vortek. Sure it took a long *** time, but at no point did I think I was taking a big risk considering I could fly away and rep when I was low on health, and there was nothing he could do except take it because he wasn't as fast as my Reaver and couldn't travel through the third dimension.

If you really think a Skyguard will stop someone gunning for you, I can say with confidence you've never had another player out for blood.
  20. [NNG]WillTerry

If you go out there 1v1ing a skyguard you're crazy or have considerable evasive skills.