the ESF situation on Emerald is bordering on insanity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleech, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Shadoiex

My advice-
    Grab an ESF
    And put a lock-on AA rocket on it.
    Have fun.
    Have certs.
  2. Flag

Then you meet two people with AA missiles.
    Then you bring some friends, also with tomcats.
    Then they bring more friends...
    And then it escalates and it's not fun for anyone but the most deprived trolls.
  3. Shadoiex

That is by far the fastest response I have ever had. :eek:
    On topic:
    It was fun in the meantime. And certs.
  4. Flag

:D

That kind of AA warfare isn't fun in the long run.
  5. quatin

Your gunner sucks. Walkers own ESFs.

If you like to have randoms being your second gunner, try putting the ranger on. It's more newbie friendly. Otherwise, it takes a while to learn the lead on a walker.

My favorite gun on a sundy/MBT is the walker. I get so many points off A2G ESFs. Let them get close enough to line up their lolpods. Then unleash.

This is the same old argument rehashed. Tankers whine about Air farming. Infantry whines about Tanker farming. Air whines about infantry flak. Honesly, I think it's pretty balanced now that they nerfed the liberator.
  6. Fleech

its not a counter. its a complete nullification of a dying community of tankers. there's countering, and then there's actively stopping people from having any kind of fun at all in the role they most enjoy.

not that you care. your one of those people that "only plays to win". the notion that some people play this to have fun and to find fun fights and not to farm certs is probably beyond you.

fun detected. deploying ESF spam.
  7. SeanFree

Running an A2G ESF on Emerald has now never been easier or harder at the same time. QRY and PREY come in and #rek any VS/TR ESF's, I haven't had to actually engage in a legit hover fight since the merger. On the other hand, Watersonites have seemed to pick up the love of flak maxes, skyguards and A2G launchers.

Don't stop the farm.
  8. Flea6.8

QRY is a NC gank squad thats all.. They have several dedicated pilots who like to fly in packs. Which for better or worse keeps most people from flying.
  9. Flag

Makes me glad Miller has ABTF and not QRY.
  10. [NNG]WillTerry

Magrider: Main Batle Tank.
    Hornet: Anti Armor Missile.
    Seems like a counter to me.
    I agree with the notion of having fun, I was having fun with the hornets most of yesterday.
    If you weren't having fun, perhaps you should alter your play style.
    A simple tour of Emerald shows a plethora of tanks, your global indictment of ESFs killing the "tanking community" (lol) is lost on me sir.
    Just because you lost a tank doesn't mean a universal ESF conspiracy is working to stop you specifically from having fun. I lose tanks all the time and then go on to do something else, having fun the whole time.

Most players have a conditional perspective of ESF fights. They rarely apply this same terminology to any other form of fights. 1-12 vs 1-12 fight when a squad gal drops on it and decimates is just business as usual. Four MBT's rolling up on a single lightning is more business as usual.
    Lancer squad on a hill instagibbing MBT's is just more tactics. All of these things happen all the time and are just fine. I personally have no problems with any of these tactics.
    Three plus ESF's is a "OMG STOP ZERGING GANK SQUAD SOE PLEASE".
    Denying enemy air during an alert is valid tactic and I wouldn't care if VS pulled two platoons of Scythes with lock ons to do the same, they often do anyways. If QRY is really a "gank squad" we would gladly accept an even numbers fight of any air squad. (thats some gank squad, good enough to gank the Community Clash Season 1 Championship title)
    • Up x 1
  11. Hartkernharald

that's because esfs can teleport to any location on the map without restriction, so they can just freely clear the entire continent of enemy air until a bigger gank squad turns up. just look at woodman.
  12. [NNG]WillTerry

I understand that, clarify for me where this becomes a problem.
  13. Hartkernharald

as soon as someone decides that he'd like to try flying and doesn't know that aircraft are restricted to a club of about 15 people per server.
  14. NoctD

Part of the Emerald problem especially VS, they're likely far too busy spamming Mags and PPA Harassers and no one bothers to run Skyguards!
  15. [NNG]WillTerry

1. We fly all three factions regularly.
    2. High skill ceilings are intended to reward practice.
    3. Again, if there are some good pilots on a server, why is this a problem?
  16. Hartkernharald

let's say you aren't one of those perma pilots and just occasionally like to fly. there's 2 options for you:
    1. your faction has their gankers up: you fly around and there's nothing left to shoot at.
    2. the gankers are on another faction: you try to leave the warpgate and die.
    sounds like great fun doesn't it?
  17. Rift23

In all fairness, flying in a squadron with wingmen to watch your *** and gang up on people is how the air force is supposed to work. The Red Baron was a skygod who went out on his own and he got shot down by two ESFs working with G2A (the A stands for Australians). Difference was, being dead, he couldn't whine on a forum about it.

Air's biggest problem isn't outfits organizing squads, it's the opposite: most don't bother because timers are long, controls are crappy, upgrades are expensive and Vanu help you if you hit a patch of lag and there's a tree in the way and it means nothing if the ground pounders pulled sufficient AA like my platoon does on Amerish when we yank the rug out from under the school of blue tuna.

#ESFsDontCapBases
    • Up x 1
  18. [NNG]WillTerry

If tanks are camping a warpgate and I cant run a vanguard out of the gate should I make a forum post about how elite tankers are ruining the game?

If a component of the game is "camped" or "zerged" I go do something else. I don't always have the option to fly (resources, population, etc...). If all you want to do is specialize then the fun you are not having is from your own limited scope of abilities.
  19. Hartkernharald

yeah the problem here is that we're just playing a shooter game. most people here just play for fun and if all those "whatever it takes to win, let's use real life as an example where people die if they lose" tryhards congregate on one faction we have another woodman on our hands.

edit:
    different scope. a group of tanks can clear a hex of vehicles, not an entire continent. they also can't just run away and come back 2 minutes later if someone decides to do something about them.
  20. Herby20

I don't fly on NC with QRY, and I rarely fly with them on TR. I do just fine in the air by myself or with a small group. Oh yeah, my combined kills with my Lynx and Trac-5 are higher than all my ESF weapons put together. To put that in perspective, only 21 TR characters have more M18 Rotary kills than me (6,785 kills and counting).

Yaay for part time flying success?