Best Terran Republic Carbine?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminiouscow, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Iridar51

I have very fond memories of using suppressed T5 AMC in biolab fights, called that loadout "shadowflight". I would hop rooftops and outrange most of the weapons people usually bring to biolabs. Close quarters as they may be, there are still of open spaces, and roofs are particularly exposed.

But you're right, generically speaking, biolabs are LA domain, and pretty much all our weapons are good there. Not only we can safely kill any infantryman transitioning from one objective to another, jet pack gives us access to multiple attack vectors on said objectives.
  2. Goretzu

You thought wrong.

Jag is plain great a CQB and mid, it is poorer at long range, but you can't have everything.
  3. Prudentia

In a serversmash a while back i used the Jaguar with Foregrip, SPA and 1x (esamir) to great success at medium range. it's basicly what i hoped the Zenith would be.
    • Up x 1
  4. lilleAllan

T5 AMC and Jaguar
  5. Saber15

It's godly at close range but hilariously bad past 15m.
  6. FieldMarshall

Best at what though?

The Trac5-S is the best carbine TR has. No other carbine even comes close to being as good as the Trac5-S... At spamming smoke.
    • Up x 1
  7. Axehilt

Cougar or T5 AMC are both great as long-ranged carbines.

I prefer the LC2 Lynx for close range fights over the LC3 Jaguar, but both are great.

TRAC-5 is still a solid middle-ground between the two.
  8. doombro

Jaguar best. Lynx is good sometimes though.
  9. Paragon Exile

I'm noticing some scrubs saying the Jaguar is good.

Why do you have such bad opinions?
  10. Longasc

I prefer the TRAC5-S over Lynx, Jaguar, whatevar.
  11. Longasc

BTW, why T5 AMC? I probably should try it more, it has flown under my radar.
  12. Paragon Exile

It's incredibly accurate and precise, easy to control, a magazine that never runs out, good reload etc. Looks cool too.

It's like the NC's Razor carbine.
    • Up x 1
  13. Marxsbeard

AMC for Biolab ranges, Jag for all else.
  14. OldCuban

Whoops! Meant the Cycler TRV.
  15. Kulso

But... that's a Medic AR.
  16. Maljas23

Top 3 TR Carbines:

1. Jaguar
    2. Cougar
    3. Lynx

Buy these carbines, and you have every role covered for your Engi or LA.
  17. Iridar51

Care to elaborate? Jaguar is the best carbine overall for TR. If I had to choose "one carbine that I will forever use on TR LA" it definetely would've been the Jaguar. Reasons:

Jaguar has low entrance threshold AND high skill cap:
    1) Easily counterable recoil pattern, simply pull the mouse down.
    2) Long effective hip fire range by default, which can be further boosted by ALS.
    3) High damage per magazine.
    This makes the gun easy to use for newbies and lower skill players.
    4) Jaguar has above average DPS and standard 143 @ 10m - 112 @ 60m damage model. Other CQC carbines have lower minimal damage. This damage can be further boosted by SPA.
    5) Using precision carbines like NS-11C and Cougar and T5 AMC at close range has taught me, that if I encounter an enemy at close range I have to go for headshots. However, this skill is universal, and can be easily applied to the Jaguar. And that's where 0.75x ADS movespeed multiplier come is, as well as easy to counter recoil pattern and high DPS.
    6) Jaguar rewards players that can avoid going into extremely long "long" reload.
    This makes this gun excellent in the hands of experienced player.

Only two disadvantages the Jaguar has:
    1) Long reload, which is only 0.2 seconds longer than TRAC 5's, mind you.
    Generally, long reload is not such a bad thing for Light Assaults. When I switch from LA to other infantry, I instantly notice that I don't have as much time to reload and regenerate my shields as I do on my Light Assault.
    It's because that it's much easier to disengage and find cover for Light Assault.

2) Strong horizontal recoil. This can be mitigated to some degree by using the Forward Grip.
    Considering carbines have good hip fire, and Jaguar has improved hip fire by default, Jaguar is the only CQC carbine on which Forward Grip makes sense.

TRAC 5 is already a godly gun. Jaguar is an improvement upon that, with more emphasis on CQC. And as the cherry on a cake, it only costs 250 certs. Jaguar simply cannot be any better without being blatantly overpowered.
  18. Maljas23

:rolleyes:
  19. Captain Kid

I have only experience in the field with the TR default carbine, the S version with smoke launcher and the Jaguar as far as TR carbines go. Obviously I did some research and testing before I choose the Jaguar.

I NEED an easy to use weapon, I can not deal with recoil and high cone of fire, I do not want to burst fire. I must have a simple tool. point at enemy press and hold mouse button till one of us is dead.

So I was using the NS carbine (left over from my VS days) and I found it to be a good all-round weapon because it is easy to control. Low recoil and low cone of fire. Seemed adequate at ranges up to 70 meters and maybe further. And 0,75 movement speed while aiming (ADS)

Then I started using the Jaguar. For me, it is a game changer.

It seems (not sure) slightly less effective beyond 40/50 meters then the NS carbine but my god it is so much better then the NS carbine closer by. Where it counts the most because at further ranges you often have a change to bail out of a fight; not so at fights under 30 meters. And with so much better I mean I die less often, kill more enemies , have more confidence and it more fun to use.

I can defeat heavies. I can hipfire and circle strafe at 20 meters, maybe even 30. I can not stand most weapons (especially LMG's) because of the stupid recoil and even worse cone of fire. This weapon can almost be used as the weapons from shooters from the past (Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory) It does not feel like a Planetside 2 hard to use piece of crap. (in my opinion they made firing weapons to much hassle, to much work, where is the fun) It also actually hits the enemy when you aim down the sights, no need for burst firing. (except maybe beyond 40 meters, just let go of the fire button once for a split second then empty the rest of the clip)

I tried out the NS carbine again because I wanted a bit more range. But I once again got defeated in 10-30 meter fights I quickly switched back.

In other words I love this fricking gun! I rather face an enemy head on with my engineer and this gun then as heavy with a LMG.

I have mine fitted out with the advanced laser sight and 2x reflex. And recently added soft point ammo (I don't kill enemies with it beyond 50-60 meters anyway) and the flash suppressor (I don't want the flash to obscure my view, easy to use is my motto)

So, long rant, my ode to the Jaguar. If you are TR and you like easy to use weaponry for god sakes go try out this gun in virtual training for at least more then 5 minutes.And yes it also has 0,75 movement speed to boot.

the end.
  20. Huxer

The lynx is garbage compared to the CQC carbines of the otehr 2 factions. 125 damage max? really? Try out a serpent sometime. The cof on the trac-5 is bad. The cougar is amusing but not as good as the T5-AMC at a range, the Jag is a trac-5 with slightly better recoil. There isn't what I would cal la 'good' tr carbine. I've played all the factions to at least br50 and tr does many things well but carbines isn't one of them.