Can we please get rid of

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DQCraze, Jul 20, 2014.

1. DQCraze

The ability to switch factions instantly. I'm so sick of people switching factions to find a sundy and blow it up. I see it every single day and there isn't a dam thing you can do about it.
    • Up x 11
  2. LT_Latency

I don't think people actually do this alot.

Most of the time when you die to a friendly C4 in a veichle. An enemy put C4 and you. A friendly tried to kill that enemy and hit the c4 with his attack and the c4 blow up.

This shows up as him killing you with c4. It happened to me yesterday and my gunner was raging about being TKed but they guy tried to save our tank.
    • Up x 3
  3. Kazrak

yeah an sometimes you get C4 by a guy named something like "TraitorTom" who then starts knifing everyone around or throws granades at the A point when everyone has taken their def-positions

or the comerades who shoot your tankmines 2 sec after deploying them....

i get your point there and yes i also have been on the TKing side at such an occasion, but...
    I'd like a picture of your face when you see your teammate throwing the C4 on your tank :p
    • Up x 4
  4. uhlan

I haven't seen this alot, but after nearly two years of gameplay without much changing people get bored. Since this game encourages unwanted behaviour by allowing things like multiple character slots per server and being an easily hackable game, it attracts every sort of malcontent.

Add F2P and you get lots of drop-in turds with no stake in the game-play to contend with.

You tend to see this far more often after a new patch.
    • Up x 1
  5. Alarox

In 67 days of playing this game I have not seen this happen one time. Yet some of these people are seeing this every day? I do not believe you. In my humble opinion, you're crazy.
    • Up x 8
  6. Botji

I have seen this once, we had a great sundy parked at a techlab and I spotted someone spawn at it, pull out AV mines and threw them down under the Sundy. I shot him but since the mines were "friendly" I couldnt remove them without shooting them(wich I obviously didnt do). A few seconds later the turd respawned and shot them.

It happens.... but imo its much more likely you will come across a cheater.

I have also had my Sunderer blown up by a self important player that thought he knew best, the sunderer was at a base we couldnt cap because the enemy was currently taking our base in the line.. I was just about to pack it up and go back when I see a scythe land near it and out pops a HA that throws some C4 and finnish it with a rocket before jumping in his Scythe again and flies off.

Lucky for him I have my handy Lancer around so he didnt get away with his ride either... but yeah, there are all kinds of people.
    • Up x 1
  7. DQCraze

You probably don't recognize it but you can really see it in small squad battles. Watch the mini map. Not sure if the pun was intended or not, either way it's funny. Btw I run a stealth sundy. So when I see terror Tom lvl 2 no outfit spawn for 2 seconds then immediately redeploys then a lvl 60 something with c4 and a decimator show up. It's pretty obvious since there was no one at the base to begin with and a guy immediately knows where the sundy is without ever fighting at the base.
  8. cruczi

What pun?
  9. WycliffSlim

Yeah, in all my time playing this game I've seen that happen one or two times. It's incredibly rare and is one of the smallest issues that this game currently faces.

If you're seeing this happen every day then you've got a serious case of paranoia.
    • Up x 4
  10. DatVanuMan

They should do something like this: You first open the game, and you are given two options.
    The first option allows you to become a "recruit". Recruits can have multiple accounts, and are similar to the present situation.
    OR, you can be a "Hero of the Republic", a "Boss of the Conglomerate (If anyone has a better name, please suggest it:p), or a "Legend of Vanu". What this option does is this: You can not be killed by friendly fire, you can not kill by using friendly fire, and all ES weapons are 15% cheaper. However, YOU CAN ONLY PLAY AS THE FACTION YOU CHOSE. Meaning that if I chose Vanu, my game is locked TO VANU, AND ONLY VANU. Also, if you just can't handle being one faction, you can pay $10-15-20 to choose another faction forever, meaning you have the new faction as a character coupled with the faction you originally chose. Also, if you are willing to pay an additional $5 dollars, the new character can purchase items for 10% less certs and 15% less SC, but can still die by friendly fire and can kill by friendly fire, and killing allies adds deaths to your universal death count. If anyone has improvements to my idea, go ahead and list them:) Personally, this might be one of the best Planetside ideas I have ever came up with.
  11. Dasubur

but that's very over complicated

all they have to do is severely reduce damage done to friendly vehicles by friendly explosives, it still does damage but not enough to be worth switching sides to betray people.
  12. Sandpants

Only if we can get rid of ambiguous thread titles.

"An idea..."
    "plez check"
    "super bug here"
    "answer mi question"
    "but what if..."

And the newly added
    "Can we please get rid of"
    • Up x 5
  13. DatVanuMan

YOU FOOL! Can't you see this is one way we have to pay less certs for our certifications? XD Thing is, that is BORING. Imagine getting shot by your allies being a 2nd optioner, and nothing actually happens to you. That way, there's no reason to shoot other people, and you enjoy cert discounts:D
  14. Yuukikun

As a dedicated tanker who's been complaining how c4 is op and fairies are impossible to counter, i feel it's not surprising that you've never seen this happen.
  15. Alarox

This is hilariously ironic.

In every thread regarding C4 for last 6 months or so I've been saying that 2 bricks of C4 killing a tank is fine. Go troll somewhere else.
  16. volth

If they removed TK the problem should be solved.
  17. Flashtirade

I've seen this happen when a platoon I was in decided to blow off steam from losing an alert. We set up a warpgate camp on the VS when they had the northern WG on Indar (was playing TR at the time). One of the VS got super pissed, so he switched over to TR and fragged our sunderers and tanks. He then started targeting TR vehicles that weren't even part of the camp that were participating in a pitched battle for Camp Connery. The whole time he called us all manners of not-nice things, which is ironic considering he was the one who was being [not-nice things] and resorted to griefing instead of working with the VS to crush us properly.
  18. XXBLACKATTACKXX

that would make even more problems.
    • Up x 1
  19. Udnknome

With the ability to have multiple free accounts, how exactly would you fix this? Even if they put some sort of timer, or account wide grief system, people could just hop accounts. I have a second PC in my house, I can even do this without logging off if I want.

But where would be the fun in that.

I've racked my brain for a solution to this problem that doesn't create expensive administrative overhead or change the business model entirely, and every time I come up with a easy cheap work around.
  20. ProfessorHobbes

Every single day? I have never seen this happen once. Either I'm the most improbably lucky person to never encounter this, or you are the most paranoid person I have ever seen.