vs is kinda annoying to fight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GefleGabe, Jul 17, 2014.

1. lawn gnome

every faction has a cluster of morons that claims all of their stuff is UP. as far as i am concerned all of the VS toys are great IF you learn how to use them because most VS specific stuff isn't as straight forward and requires a little bit of thought to actually use it properly. treating the magrider like an artillery piece is a waste of all of that mobility and the magburner (if you ever wanted a tool for blitzkrieg style warfare the magrider is it), treating the lasher like a standard gun will just get you killed and wastes all of that amazing suppression ability, the saron is pretty simple but you have to pick your shots and be willing to take your time, the PPA is pretty simple and just murders troops, personally i just don't get the lancer, etc...
    • Up x 2
  2. Captain Kid

PPA, magrider, lancer and lasher. If there are two big fights or more I always choose the NC to fight against.
  3. crusaderx11

4. Champagon

Thinly veiled nerf PPA thread.
    I wonder how many people on forumside have multiple accounts.
    People just can't handle the spandex
  5. CapperDeluxe

As a primarily VS player with level 20ish alts in both the other factions, I gotta say the VS only really have an advantage at range. Up close (which is most engagements that matter) those fart guns and scatguns and jagoff hammers and MBTs destroy us.
  6. nubery

Cool it bud. Everyone fights. I didn't say they didn't.

TR and Vanu prefer to attack NC. Just watch the map. On Connery we regularily have multiple platoons of TR and VS pushing our **** on multiple lattice lanes while only one 48v48 is a TR/VS fight. This happens almost constantly, and NC don't regularily hold world pvp advantage.

NC are easier to fight. That's what I'm getting at.
  7. GefleGabe

wrong their tanks my friend are pretty broken i don't know about their sythes though but they are hard to hit .
  8. vanu123

stop being the overpop faction then.
  9. CapperDeluxe

VS tanks can't stand toe to toe versus either of the other MBTs and the scythes are definitely easier to hit than Mossies.
  10. Ronin Oni

Individually they're not all that great though they still allow you to make tankers think twice about exposing themselves.

In groups they're terrifying. A squad of 4-6 coordinating targets can vaporize enemy Armor one at a time at a reasonably high rate.

I one time was a part of a Lancer and Vortex (and a couple AV turrets) team that was up on the cliffs overlooking Tawrich. There was about 20 Lancers, 5 Dual Vortex, and 3-4 AV turrets.

The destruction wrought upon armor down in the canyons was awe inspiring.
    • Up x 2
  11. Zakuak

and they STANK!
  12. Leondre

Definitely. I do everything I can to avoid VS these days. They have become the masters of cheese.
    • Up x 1
  13. boobeb

is unbalanced camp
  14. IrishPride

Cool it? seriously man you are the one arguing semantics i'm not going to get into a debate with you splitting hairs about which faction is easier to fight its only easier as the way you see your own skill in the game you cannot speak for everyone about the faction
  15. Lancener

I honestly avoid NC because I get tired of dealing with all the shotguns. Never have a problem with fighting VS on my TR or the other way around. Haven't played my NC recently because every time I'm online NC has 40% pop.
  16. Codex561

Thats because TR is annoying to fight being a VS player.
    When fighting NC you can just equipe nanoweave armor and laugh at them in CQC but TR have SMGs everywhere....
  17. Unsp0kn

I think fighting TR is super annoying when I play TR. Everyone gets really pissed at me.
    • Up x 1
  18. lawn gnome

i prefer to fight TR over NC because i can actually kill TR tanks. NC tanks get to pop that shield that allows them to just ignore one C4 charge (MAKE IT DIRECTIONAL!), and their impotence at dealing with infantry is highly exaggerated. on open terrain NC MAX suits just guide their shots into their target like engi turrets and in enclosed spaces they murder everything with shotgun spam. NC heavies get to sit on an ammo pack and spam pheonix rockets at vehicles they can't see from complete safety. despite what i have said here i think the NC is mostly balanced other than the vanguard shield which screws anyone who performs a successful ambush (DIRECTIONAL!).

the only gripe i specifically have with the TR is the vulcan mounted on harassers. which tends to indicate to me that they may be on the UP side of things or just generic and boring.
  19. Yuki10

yes, they sound .... funny. They look kind of spaced out. Their outfits are...happy looking if you know what i mean.
  20. minhalexus

I honestly don't get it.

NC is the so called OP faction, yet people here like fighting NC.
    VS is the so called UP faction, yet people here don't like fighting VS.

And no, don't give me that "VS players are better crap" since there is no way to measure it properly.

I personally do NOT enjoy fighting the NC.

In the end, I would wanna conclude that no faction is OP in a gamebreaking way.