An appropriate response to when people of your faction fire at your vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alabammer, Jul 16, 2014.

1. BetAstraal

And then there's the other side: accidentally running over people. How many noobs are there running on foot in a tank battle really... Then you accidentally run them over to dodge enemy fire, he respawns at closest sundy and attempts revenge with rockets and whatever else.
    Had this happen on Hossin recently, we were attacking the Amp station in the north (whatever it's name is) and had to quickly move away from my spot. It wasn't only me, the entire Amp station was filled with tanks and other vehicles, so what kind of idiot goes dancin' on the road in that situation? Anyway, i ran over this RummelPummel (or something like that) guy and he went tryhard mode to destroy my tank, he even called for help. Really? Stupid enough to stand on the road and blame me for his idiocy? I had to kill him back like 5 times in a row and his friend too. I reported them both for harassing, but i doubt anything happened to them.
    • Up x 1
  2. EGuardian1

That's just it, if I TK someone accidentally. I immediately send a tell saying sorry. I'll even pull a vehicle for them if it was a reaver or something that I KNOW most people save resources for that kind of stuff and losing it hurts. I have membership & Heroic boost so it makes little difference to me.

If you won't accept the apology, then you deserve me shotgun to the face if you seek revenge.
  3. oberchingus

This is business as usual for the harassers. Players with zero situational awareness and maximum tunnel vision will hoof it around the continent and wonder why they get run over during vehicle combat. If the harasser is taking fire and needs to escape, sometimes we'll take jumps for a faster exit, while smoking heavily or on fire even and this can mean jumping over players or sometimes running into them.

While on the subject of transportation and asking for a ride, I had a guy fire a decimator at my harasser for a lift. There's gotta be a way to connect to these players.

My primary enemy, the entity that kills me the most is not the VS or NC. Enemy fire is #5 on my list:

1) Flipping
    2) Suicides from landing (usually for being upside down in the air for longer than .8 seconds as the harasser naturally takes on damage wtf????)
    3) TK by driver (because this is normal for harasser play when flipping and not getting out in time)
    4) TKs by zergfit players with zero situational awareness and maximum tunnel vision; revenge for me killing them as a result of them shooting my harasser when they want a lift or just trolling etc...
    5) Enemy lockons
    6) Enemy fire, combat, duels, the stuff that should be #1 in the list
    • Up x 1
  4. oberchingus

I do that too. I also end up making a friend out of it cause then they ask a ton of questions about fully certed vehicles. They gasp at the possibilities.
  5. Akashar

Lol, if you're 300 meters away and I shoot your vanguard with my AR to get your attention you will kill me? You must be a pretty popular player!
  6. EGuardian1

I once landed my fully certed Reaver at the WG and started yelling "FREE REAVER OR BEST OFFER!"

five mins after someone snagged it, i get a tell saying "OMG. THIS PLANE IS CRAZY FAST" (Racer 3 + AH)

Sometimes i'll just pull a vehicle before i change continents so someone can snag my abandoned vehicle, it's kinda like being Santa in disguise.
  7. oberchingus

kijijiji!!!!
  8. ronjahn

Yup, sorry, it's usually the people who shoot at me for a ride who end up trying to c4 me when I don't let them in. To many bad experiences. I pay attention, if you want my attention, use one of the multiple ways that are already in game to get the attention of another player. Bullets are a simply inappropriate and I like to show that to those who don't realize it.
    • Up x 2
  9. Mastachief

I have to admit that even if they can't damage my vehicle I will kill them. It's irritating and usually harms the vehicle.

/report

...haha reporting is like pissing in the wind
  10. oberchingus

Agree 10,000%
  11. Freedom Fries

I don't see why people have to be such crybabies about it.

So your small arms immune vehicle got pinged a few times? So what? It's a noise,it's not even loud and it didn't cause any damage. Is it so wrong that someone asks for help in a team based game? Sure I can understand getting mad if someone decides to be a jack wagon and shoot you with a rocket,especially in a dangerous area. I myself don't get too bothered if they shoot my battle flash a few times,only if they decide to go full auto until I turn around do I get irate.
    • Up x 1
  12. BetAstraal

Just thought about this: friendly vehicles with their seats off-limits should be marked with something. I usually solo in my Mag (because 'tunnel vision reasons') so i set it to 'locked'. When i do that something should pop below my name where the seat counter is.
  13. lawn gnome

a little lock symbol like they use for bases you can't cap would be pretty awesome, because every so often i will run up to a 1/2 magrider if he looks like he is being effective and i think i can do some good in the gun. knowing which vehicles you can get into would do a lot for team play.
  14. Mythologicus

I'm actually slightly cautious when it comes to leaving vehicles parked at the Warpgate. In fact, the Warpgate is possibly the most dangerous place in the game.

I've pulled a Lib and parked, waited for my friend to get in the gunner seat. I've seen a high BR player proceed to open fire and kill him as he's running over, then turn and wander off. Naturally this warranted a Tank Buster mag to the back. And after we leave the WG, he pulls an ESF and chases us down. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt and guess he was drunk, but it reinforces my point.

As does my friend's Lib being C4ed because he wouldn't take off while we were waiting for our designated tailgunner to arrive. Thankfully two bricks of C4 don't kill a Liberator.

And yesterday, parked Lib waiting for my friend, again. Harasser pulls by, driver switches to his gunner seat and proceeds to shoot me with the Bassy. I took off, switched seats and dumped the majority of my Zepher magazine straight onto his face, because A. I don't like that behaviour and B. Harassers with Basilisks aren't going anywhere anyway.

Being shot with small-arms while driving a tank or Sundie isn't a big issue. I pick them up if I feel like being charitable. If the vehicle is full and I'm in a gunner seat I'll fire a token shot back (deliberately missing). Shooting my Magrider in the *** with a rocket, though? I hope you like pancakes.
  15. DeadliestMoon

Wow, with so many ***hole drivers in here I wonder, why do people want to kill "Redeployside" again?
  16. Bindlestiff

Firing at a vehicle is not asking for help, it is firing at a vehicle.

V,5. You flash an icon on the minimap, you flash an icon on the main screen. It saves ammo, saves tempers, and saves the continuation of this and any other thread on the topic.
  17. KoS-1

Honestly, he is some what right as well.

As a sunder and harasser user/driver. It's acceptable to small arms a sunder to get's attention. Not a harasser.

I've never took offense when someone plinked my sunder.
  18. Frozen-K

I personally find it annoying when people shoot at my tank with their small arms if I'm in the field. I run a stealth tank, so I don't like anything hitting me since taking a hit informs me that someone saw me prowling around the area.

In an area we have under control though, I mind it less. The sound of bullets hitting my vehicle is annoying though.
  19. KoS-1

Understandable. Anything that isn't a sunder. I don't like people shooting period.

But for a sunder, it never bothered me. I would just stop, pick them up and move on.
  20. Alizona

Q:An appropriate response to when people of your faction fire at your vehicle?

A: STOP THE VEHICLE!

More often than not, this is a player who wants a ride. A teammate. You know... that TEAM you're playing for?

STOP THE VEHICLE WHEN I SHOOT A FEW HARMLESS BULLETS AT IT, PLEASE! I NEED A RIDE AND YOU'RE IT. (yes I know about V-5 requesting a ride, but nobody ever listens to it).

Edit: This post only applies during non-combat. That's the only time I'd ever shoot at our own vehicles.