the T1B next on the araxium chase

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Nexus2151, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Nexus2151

So I am getting close to finishing the T1 Cycler and want to do the T1B next can anyone tell me the best setup for this gun?
  2. Nakar

1x/IRNV and Grip, really. HVA gets a bit jumpy unless you're solely using it as a hipfire tapper with a Laser. It doesn't have much more in the way of options than the stock Cycler, so you probably want to just gear it similarly.
  3. Kociboss

Laser over F-grip imo.

The side to side recoil of T1B is one of the lowest in-game anyways, almost negligible.

Scope of choice.

I'm using HVA. Managed to learn to compensate of additional 10%~ recoil.
    • Up x 1
  4. Epic High Five

On the same quest and just finished my Gauss Rifle Burst auraxium

Every kill you get on your journey, say a prayer of thanks that your gun is a much, much better burst AR than the NC's.

Not to say it's good of course - if you want a good burst gun you've got the best one in the game available to you in the SABR

The important thing is to aim for the stomach and stay on the move - the burst rifle's whole THING is that they keep a lot of their accuracy on the move, so take advantage of it.

Yes, I know it's a gun designed entirely around mobility that isn't 0.75x ADS alright I didn't say it makes sense.
  5. TacticalButterknife

Gotta agree on this. Never really found the foreward grip to significantly improve the gun. The recoil is already manageable as it is, and if you get caught in panic hipfire situations the laser sight is going to be what saves you. I personally stuck with the default iron sights because I'm a miser when it comes to certs:rolleyes: but I would imagine the 1x/2x would be the ideal go to choice for most situations, IR/NVs if you hate the night or simply need a proper crosshair. Each to his own though. If you really want a higher magnification, no one is gonna stop you.

Although I *might* recommend holding off the HVA until you really get a feel of the gun. Don't waste the 100 certs if you're horrible at controlling recoil like me:(
  6. Aeravic

TBH, I found more success in using this weapon while standing still. My aim seems to be jump around a lot if I fire while moving. Maybe the unusual act of manually clicking for every burst throws my mouse control off T_T. I also found that it's a pretty good hipfire weapon with the laser sights.
  7. Epic High Five

Yeah, it'll be better still for you in that case. Burst guns lose the least accuracy on the move of any gun in the game, but they also don't have much to begin with
  8. bestan

[IMG]

Now I'm free.

Also found this gun to be pretty good for ADAD spamming, that's why I also recommend the lase sight. Its recoil makes headshot fishing at close range fairly easy, but the first shot recoil can really **** your aim at longer range (even more compared to the mighty SABR)
  9. reydelchicken

Good job on the auraxium, I still haven't gotten to the auraxium on this weapons myself, but I've done this on VS.

As others have said here, I recommend using a laser, since the recoil is already so tiny.
    On VS, using the equinox burst, and solstice burst, I've been using the 4x crosshair sight, a laser sight, and HVA.

These weapons are really really good, and quite underrated, BUT, compensating for their recoil is challenging.
  10. nehylen

Thanks for the tips about AD-AD and laser sight on those 100 certs burst ARs/Carbines. I was pondering whether i should spend the certs or not. In VR i couldn't figure out how to use them by my own self, trying to use them as the SABR-13 (no compensator really eliminates the option), then trying to use them like a -weaker- starter AR/Carbine.
    I was really wondering what the point about those guns was at all. But indeed, at least in VR, they felt much better when strafing, be it in hipfire mode or ADS. I was surprised that i could reliably use hipfire (with laser ofc) even at around a 30 meters distance.

Even with that, those guns don't seem to have much going for them, but at least that's a little something.
  11. hansgrosse

Burst weapons feel good when you're strafing with them because that's exactly what they're designed for. ;)

All burst weaponry except for the SABR-13 is designed specifically to retain high accuracy and minimal cone-of-fire while ADS and moving; ADAD strafing contests are the sort of fighting wherein they're intended to be the strongest option, and with practice, they really are one of the best choices for it. And yes, with a laser sight they're surprisingly respectable hipfire weapons as well.

Don't use burst guns like you'd use the default guns and don't use burst guns like you'd use the SABR-13, for doing so will bring you sub-par results. DO use burst guns as mid-range strafing headshot machines, for doing so will bring you great joy.