max nc: aegis shield or charge

Discussion in 'MAX' started by DLL2, Jul 11, 2014.

1. DLL2

Hello,

I come back from a break of several months. and I ask myself if I keep aegis shield or i change for charge.
    Now aegis shields don't protect about c4 and grenade.
  2. xboxerdude

3. Shadoiex

I am a rare bird. I run Aegis.
  4. Plunutsud pls

Run faster with charge! =D
    • Up x 1
  5. Shadoiex

Chirp chirp.
  6. Noppa

Charge any day of the week, atm Aegis is pretty much useless cos they "fixed" it for some reason so it wont block explosive damage anymore(from c4/granades/rocket launchers).

Aegis is only good in AA job or long range 1v1 with AP MBT :D
  7. nightbird

They gotta make it an omni-directional shield that you can shoot through. Even if it is a resist shield that raises effective HP by only 10%, it'd be more useful than now.
    • Up x 1
  8. hurtl2305

Depends on the Situation and personal preference. I find the Aegis shield quite useful in most situations, but sometimes the Charge also plays very well. Others in my outfit tend to use Charge more often or not use one or the other at all.
  9. BadLlama

Oh wow, I was wondering what was going on. I haven't played in a long while and hear I was getting killed by Decimators shooting me in the shield, had no idea what was going on.
  10. Dhabu

Charge every time. Even for AA work, I'm better off sprinting sideways to my attacker and towards cover.

They should make Aegis like NC MAXes were in PS1 - omnishield that drops if you fire your guns, and has a recharge bar kinda like HA overshield. (Not sure if I want VS Maxes to get jumpjets again, but hey). I would almost never have used Aegis BEFORE its nerf; I'll never use it now.
  11. Dhabu

Edit/addon: Actually, they should do that. Give NC MAXes the omnishield (which disappears temporarily if you fire), remove Lockdown, give ZOE-equivalent to the TR, and give VS MAXes jumpjets. I'd be ok with this.
  12. TorigomaSET

With as Squishy as Aegis is, I still prefer it over Charge 100%.
  13. Moz

OMG the HORROR!!!
  14. hostilechild

Charge, use it to rush a room get behind enemies. Walk into group shoot and charge away. etc. etc. So many uses, especially like the empty mattocks start reload, press charge run in circle then kill the rest in room.

Aegis, useless unless crouch so they can't shoot your feet, better be covered by friendly and walls as only front is covered and not from explosives. Move super slow when active so easier to hit. It really is nothing more than a death trap to use anymore.

Have put charge back on all loadouts even AA as i can charge away from explosions and reload during charge actually works where with aegis, if you hit reload then pop aegis shield you get bugged a lot.
  15. Vikingo

Yeah, me too but only because it is NC specific and I like to use as much empire specific things as possible. Charge would be better though.
  16. Shadoiex

I'm a frontline game-change-attempt MAX.
  17. Grimseer

Aegis is insane, allows you to 1on1 kinetic armor TR/VS maxes, remove your own need for kinetic armor in almost any scenario and is critical for biolab/close quarter fights because it enables your squad to push..

Charge is only useful if you ****** up, ignored the map and found yourself in a ridiculous situation against multiple enemy heavies xD
  18. ImmortalPancake

I always run with the shield. Even though it doesnt do anything for explosive damage I always use maxed out Flak armor so they dont bother me that much. I also will always have at least 1 engineer backing me up with amo and repairs. At the moment i almost exclusively use my MAX for AI and once i finish my AV loadout I will most likely start certing into charge but for now im good.
  19. Purg

Don't play MAX as much as I used to. The few times I've played my NC recently, I still like the shield. It requires a specific play style and that's up to you. Charge is largely a preservation mechanic for NC, shield is a push mechanic. Depends on what you want to try.
  20. Xocolatl

I like the Aegis shield. It looks really cool. And I use it while reloading. And it looks awesome.