Super computers being unfair.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phymore, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Hatesphere

OP is right, check out my OP rig.

[IMG]
  2. ajma

If you cover your eyes IRL, nobody will ever see you. Promise.
  3. Valadain

Most of the infiltrators I kill while cloaked:
    1.) Walked right in front of me. Usually crouched as if trying to go below my neck-camera (doesn't work).
    2.) Ran up a narrow staircase as I was coming down (check your minimap).
    3.) Stopped cold when I clearly spotted and turned at them (if you go super invisible, I know you stopped).
    4.) Do something really predictable like sit cloaked in a bush or the corner of a point room. I don't see you at all, but I will knife these locations just to be sure. I'm sad how often this has worked.

The cloak works great at high peripheral. It works great when you are standing still. Just don't pick a predictable spot and stay to the side or backs of people and don't contrast yourself against something that will really show distortion (bright building sides and such).
    • Up x 2
  4. t31os

Sorry bud, practice your infiltrator play more...

A good infiltrator knows they aren't totally invisible. Consider every enemy to be running high, and play as if that's true, and you'll do better...
    • Up x 2
  5. z1967

Dang, you could do, like, math on that thing (it helped NASA thats fro sure).
  6. WUNDER8AR

Don't forget that cloaking produces sound. All you need is a pair of 20 dollar headphones to know there's a cloaker around. I for one spot way more cloakers with my ears than I do with my eyes.
    • Up x 4
  7. Revanmug

By playing at high graphic, I can't see **** on hossin compare to low graphic since I'm plague with this awful fog everywhere.

So yeah, that excuse goes both way.
  8. andy_m

I roll as Infil seventy percent of my time, if not more lately.

I set my overall graphics settings to low but then increase the separate "graphics" setting to medium.

What I have learned in my extensive time as Infil is this; You are NOT invisible. Or at the very least, that is what you should assume at all times.

I mainly use my cloak when crossing large open areas. Generally, at the distances I expect the main fight to be, I will not be visible except to those that may be in my area.

I also use my cloak in bases too, but I do not rely on it to be effective. Ever. I use the same rules as I do when rolling as any other class. Keep moving at ALL TIMES.

If you sit there, thinking you are covertly observing the enemy, you will die.

Also, I kill cloaked long range snipers. They basically cloak but stay where they are. It amazes me that peeps do not move while cloaking, even if it is only for a couple of steps to the left ro right.

Just my two pence from my 500+ hours of Infiltraitor play (and that is nothing compared to others here ;) )
    • Up x 2
  9. Rikkit

you know, this kind of computer may have not the power tu run PS2.
    It excels at doing the same operation with thounds of numbers, like finding the perfekt shape for an airplane.
    ((same formel for aerodynamik, but a lot of possible shapes...))
    But running a game like Planetside 2, nah stick with a "normal" PC, it will do better

Oh and the cray 2 is from 1985 so even your home PC will find the perfekt shape faster....
    This Machine has
    1,951 GFLOPS (FloatingPointOperationsPerSecond)
    While even the Core 2 Duo has
    16 GFLOPS...

Sry dude, for having the worst PC in this Forum
    • Up x 1
  10. Purg

Get a PS4.
  11. icanfly342

It's "Graphics Quality", I have everything on low and that on medium, just to see infiltrators.
    They are truly invisible on low, which makes that setting kind off pointless.
    • Up x 1
  12. BillHaverchuck

Its even more unfair that you have a computer and some people cant afford to eat.
    • Up x 6
  13. DrPapaPenguin

Just get the PS4 version then, consoles don't really suffer this problem.
  14. Klypto

Delicious Potato computer.
    • Up x 1
  15. Paragon Exile

Why are you talking about consoles?
  16. Patrician

So what would you like SOE to do about this? Buy you a better PC? Downgrade PS2's graphics so that they run you your low end PC okay?
  17. Champagon

You need to upgrade man. an $500-$700 rig is not a "super" computer, are you kidding? This is an expensive hobby, if you can't afford it or can't learn to overclock go buy a console

Welcome to PC gaming

If you can't play this game on low settings you need to upgrade or stop playing. I don't care anymore about catering to you guys this is ridiculous
  18. Booface

Cloak is not and never has been true invisibility. It's already a huge advantage that people can't really make you out (at least not enough to hit you accurately) out past about 30m. It means you can sneak up on people in the open without worrying about some sniper 200m away taking your head off, or some machinegunner 80m away lighting you up. But for the person up close being snuck up on, you're still going to have to be sneaky-- avoid his line of sight, and do not uncloak in a way where he can hear you and spin around and crush your face before you take him out.

If you want good invisibility, crouch and stay still for a second or two.
  19. xboxerdude

Rikkit one of my dad's buddies has a cray 2 sitting in his basement. He still runs it from time to time for nostalgia
  20. DK22

On the bright side, Forumside seems to be working fine.
    • Up x 2