Server Maintenance for Game Update July 17th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jul 16, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

I hope the Pulsar C is finally fixed. I can't get past the bronze with it despite having 174 kills<:/
    • Up x 1
  2. Alizona

I agree with this. I dislike the 48+ vs 48+ and generally avoid those like the plague. I seek out the smaller battles, and yes, if available I will gladly take the opportunity to "ghost cap" a point which always has a small benefit of potentially re-directing the opposition's forces (one ghost capper potentially looks the same as 12 people since it will only say "1-12 enemy forces" on the map).

When I get into a zerg, I feel as if I contribute nothing and simply die over and over and over. I'm Vanu, with the weakest gunpower, and I'm also a very weak PVP'er, and finally I play on the west coast server while living on the east coast so my latency is larger than most which hurts my reaction times. There are no positives for me in a big zerg battle, and that's not why I play this game, for the zergfest. Sony is clearly pushing for that, but I try my best to avoid it.
    • Up x 2
  3. RuthlessMoose

In game go to Settings, General and toggle "invert reverse steering for tanks." That should bring the controls back to what you are used to.
  4. Wolfsign

The game is just getting less and lass tactical because SOE tends to bury every concept that makes players play with tactical intention and forcing them to zerg, just think of the droppods and how much you were able to do with them when they were controllable.

I think Instant Action as a function itself could easily persist without resource cost, since it has a cooldown and the player can not choose where to deploy, it´s just supposed to get you into the action as fast as possible (which it actually is not even reliable at atm).

So using instant action and a redeploy from time to time should be perfectly fine for any casual player i guess.

And remember deploying somewhere near or even in the same region would be free of any resource cost. it´s just supposed to force people to use more transports and to prevent big outfits from instantly choking attack attemps by overwhelming numbers anywhere on the map, they would have to choose where to focus at.
  5. Biscuit Birthday

The best thing to do in this situation is grab a sniper rifle, find a cliff near the zerg area and headshot heavies and engineers. I play on east coast server and live in south america, therefore I have like 150 ping and this isn't too hard to do, since ppl are stopped because they are aiming their rockets at a tank or something. Or I can grab my full AP prowler and try to get assists/kills on other tanks. If I'm feeling lazy I just pick engineer and repair tanks. The only situation I just can't find a way to succeed is when I'm attacking a well defended tower.. Generally when you press TAB the majority of players with high score are defending. So yeah, I think that it's very hard to do well when you're attacking towers.
  6. Pootisman

I have no problems with inverted steering. The problem is that the position of the turret affects the direction in which you turn, i.e. you look and drive backwards, you move your turret a little bit and suddenly you go into the other (wrong) direction. This can be deadly in tank combat! I lost my tank several times because i drove unintentionally into enemy fire.
  7. Renuse

I would venture to disagree. Sol Ex is one of a few outfits (on Connery atm) that run small and tight tactical squads, and we have an enormous effect on the battle field through use of tactics and combined arms. Most of the 'pew pew' battles can be decided pretty quickly if there is one or two squads actually trying to cap/defend a point/base. Controlling the point/spawn is usually the key, and you can only fit so many people into a given space.
  8. MasterDk78

servers not up yet? is this another 48h patch?
  9. Nubm

Just curious: Did you add or remove them? o_O
    • Up x 2
  10. BIllyGG

Then play COD dude, you really shouldn't be complaining playing a game that is advertised as massive war.
  11. DatVanuMan

Umm, I'm stuck on the Pulsar C bronze medal, and I have over 170 kills with it. Please fix this, devs.
  12. Nitish Sharma

Alright,just me or there was no update and the servers just went back up.
    I went to directory,checked the .DownloadInfo.txt file and I found this

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 16:57:11 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    1014-00:00:03:Checking game installation...
    1014-00:00:03:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 17:05:27 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    15c0-00:00:02:Checking game installation...
    15c0-00:00:02:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 19:11:46 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    1af0-00:00:02:Checking game installation...
    1af0-00:00:02:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 19:18:35 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    103c-00:00:04:Checking game installation...
    103c-00:00:04:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 19:27:24 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    13d4-00:00:01:Checking game installation...
    13d4-00:00:01:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 19:31:48 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    1300-00:00:01:Checking game installation...
    1300-00:00:01:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 19:38:48 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    1220-00:00:01:Checking game installation...
    1220-00:00:02:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 19:49:21 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    16ec-00:00:01:Checking game installation...
    16ec-00:00:02:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 19:51:34 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    0dc4-00:00:01:Checking game installation...
    0dc4-00:00:02:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 19:52:04 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    072c-00:00:02:Checking game installation...
    072c-00:00:02:All files are up to date

**** Starting at Thu Jul 17 19:55:43 2014 with plug-in 1.0.3.183 ****
    0af8-00:00:02:Checking game installation...
    0af8-00:00:02:All files are up to date

I live in India,so it's 19:59 just making this comment,and I just logged in and it loaded,what was the update for then? o_O
  13. Linus

Granted certs to some ex-PSG multi-month subscribers who were improperly listed as copper level at the beginning of June. The cert amount includes some 'interest' to make up for the long wait on a resolution.

That is very nice of you guys, a good customers support here :)
    • Up x 1
  14. LongbeardedBMFVS

I hope the new continent locking does soemthing about that, because the zergs are taking over the game somehow. I really dont know how someone with a brain can enjoy this battles. That are no epic battles, because people just stand their ground and farm. Alot. For hours. Most of the time no real tactical moves are made, no real attack is happening, because all the farming zombies are doing their thing.

I prefer smaller and more even fights where smart actions of groups get something done and teamwork matters. I know this is only possible a small portion of the time because most people are in big zergs (thank you lattice) or are ghostcapping. It happens only a few times in the evening when we encounter even smaller fights which are the only enjoyable ones imo. Either we get lucky and drop into a fight that is of appropriate size for us (12-24) or we ghostcap until we piss off enough of the enemy faction. Resulting in getting a nice fight or getting completely out-populated. Mostly the last one.

The reward system that gives you extra XP when playing on a continent where your faction is not as represented as the others is nice, but I would prefer a system that goes further than continents. Participating in fights for bases should be the measurement of the reward imo. E.g.: getting rewarded for participating in battles against your odds and getting less xp while completely overrunning bases. Something like that.
  15. lovetheserpent

se
    seriously dude i live in india too nsgdx i also play on briggs civz but dont keep your real name as your username
  16. Slash Hammer

That's his point: it's the zerging of bloodthirsty pew-pews and not war at all! Try to tell your random squad to stick with the point and I bet they won't! Just after the point is flipped everyone runs to the spawns to get more kills, kills, kills. 'War' should be about strategy and tactics, giving or following orders and achieve goals. With lattice, all this was killed and continent locking is the burial.
    Btw., telling others to "go and do thisorthat" just because they have a different opinion is... whatever.
    • Up x 1
  17. xAngelSnowx

what did the update do but lock us out the game for a few hours
  18. BugPowderDust

How do you know that's his real name? Just because it's Indian sounding??
  19. user101

New update works good... Flash is great on indar.... Great job Dev's running 100 FPS on indar...????? What did you do...???
  20. DualDesertEagle

Not to forget the promised mouse yaw option has STILL not been implemented...
    • Up x 1