Weapon Model Revamp, More Diverse weapons for all factions !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VanuBangura, May 27, 2014.

1. VanuBangura

wtf does the GR22 a close range weapon have higher muzzle verlocity then the carnage?

Zoe needs to swap this
    • Up x 2
  2. Skooma Lord

I didn't understand when they did that. I think it was an oversight. In the patch notes it even said for it to match its close range role better. The GR22 is obviously more close quartered oriented than the Carnage, witch has better medium range capabilities.
  3. VanuBangura

no reason to use Carnage, revamp the weapon model completely and stats

Make it a 167 damage .75 ads Assault rifle
  4. VanuBangura

uRSA IS A GREAT LMG DESIN AND THE ONLY REASON TO RELLY USE IT OVER ORION
  5. VanuBangura

ENGAGEMENT RADER SHOULD BE AN IMPLANT
  6. VanuBangura

Change the model of the Equonix from Pulsar and make the weapon actually good
  7. Codex561

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  8. KnightCole

Yes, more diverse weapon models...

I still hold out hope one day I will log in and my EM6 will look like an M60E4.
    • Up x 1
  9. VanuBangura

Vanu have the most unique looking assult rifles from other weapons

The Pulsar C needs more of a model revamp
  10. iRhuel

From my understanding it's so that the game has to load less models per person, since most of them are shared. So optimization. Still sucks, though.

It really wasn't that hard to understand. Some typos and syntax errors here and there, but otherwise intelligible. Maybe you should've paid more attention in grade school.
  11. Riku

Right!?
    I should have known -.-'
  12. Riku

Well your memory has to load the models other people use, too, so the more different models there are, the more players around you will slow you down.
  13. dasichri

As much as it sucks, the reason weapons are so similar is because of performance issues. While having unique and interesting weapons is always cool, if they did so our computers would suffer more so for it.
  14. whitupiggu

It's funny how performance has become such a common defense when no dev has ever said it would affect performance and weapons are already separate files and are thus loaded completely separately. Do you really think weapons models "parts" are loaded individually? It's just SOEs artist being lazy. Nothing more.
    • Up x 1
  15. T0x1s

Damn you PSA liar.

I know lynx got a new model but jaguar? They didn't change that or am i wrong?
  16. VanuBangura

off topic also needs to change
  17. Heyitsrobbie1984

a 167 damage CQC weapon aye? should make the weapon a little unstable if u need that much damage per bullet
  18. Zakuak

New guns and a remodel on a few of the existing ones would be awesome IMO.

I like the looks of the factions LMGs so maybe just take 2 of each factions and really switch em up a bit to give a little more diversity. Then adding in new weapons for each class would go a long way.

New stuff in this game is the reason I keep coming back...I mean sure the game play/gun play is pretty damned good but I like new shinny things...all the time...
  19. Kalivix

Definitely agree it would be great to see some more diversity, first off with models as its easier to do (so many times I think im using my carnage then realise its another gun which just looks exactly the same) then better diversity between their functions as that will require proper balance.
    • Up x 1
  20. VanuBangura

AFTER A GUN MODEL CHANGE

the Carange should be 167 damage .75 ads with a 577 rof and 30 round in the magazine

to compete with vanu orion