NO REWARD OR XP BONUS FOR F2P PLAYERS??!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zica96, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taemien

Shame on you all for not seeing this as a troll. When it looks suspicious look at the account date and post count.
  2. DrPapaPenguin

3. Pacster

You can call it bullcrap all you want. Doesn't change the fact that this game only survives if it's attracting enough players to have big battles...and that any player will just take a certain number of slaps to the face before he leaves. This one alone will make none leave...but what's about those that just needed one more slap to be over the limit?
    I don't think it's a big drama of good vs. evil....honorable players vs. leeching scum, like you want to make out of it.
    None the less it's a rather questionable decision. What are they gaining by showing f2p players that they are 2nd class? Will this make more players pay or result in the opposit? And who are they hurting by giving f2p players those 200 certs as well...I mean, by your asumption they ain't gonna pay anyway(so SOE is not losing any money by handling out certs for free that nobody would pay for anyway).
  4. hansgrosse

The occasional microtransaction for cosmetics aside, I'm a F2P player. Not once have I felt cheated by the rewards subscription holders enjoy.

That is all.
    • Up x 2
  5. Huxer

Ok Pacster. You are still looking at it from only your own point of view. It's okay, I was young once too. I'm not going to try to convince you of anything, but, if you walk away thinking you are seeing this clearly you will make the same mistake again
  6. Pootisman

ty, ill try that
  7. Pacster

8. Matt0193

Tried MLGREPORT in the depot, all I got was an error. Did I miss it?
  9. Pacster

I#m obvou
    I'm obviously only looking at it from my own point of view. If you would have a degree in psychology and sociology like I do, then you would know that we all do...it's called constructivism. So thanks for telling me the obvious. I'm 35, how old do I have to get to reach your level of wisdom, Obi-Wan?
  10. Wafflepancake

umm
    [IMG]

Moving along.

You, as a F2P consumer have been given stuff already. Besides the aforementioned bit above - you have been given a great game and the support of a community who want to see the game both you and they - the paying player - enjoy playing.
    I'm not forced to pay into my sub each month. But I gladly do to help the game grow. And as a thanks for my selfless sub choice SoE wants to show their appreciation by giving us a few perks.
    Not like we get exclusive weapons or armor. Or vehicles or health pools or anything else that other F2P models give to their paying members to give em an unrealistic boost.

Not like they fully cut you off from all 2x exp weekends. Before the all access - yeah. We all had em on holidays. Now the paying members can enjoy that bonus exp one weekend a month and you, the Free to Play player get to enjoy the influx of cannon fodder we members (potentially) feed ya!
    • Up x 1
  11. Captain Kid

I think Pacster has a point though. Feeling appreciated by developers does give an incentive to play more and recommend the game to others. I keep referring to Team Fortress 2 but they did it al right. I felt I was appreciated as a player, the developers cared about their playerbase. As a result I played more (and PAID more) and still check back how the game is doing from time to time. I love the game not just because of the game itself but also because of the developers.

I feel like this game wants money for everything without giving anything for free. (I know that's not true because we had Hossin, new Amerish and the Harasser but I still feel like that) Giving double XP weekends to subscribers only pushes me away from the game. I think it should be the other way around. They should welcome free players not treat them as second rate citizens even though some of them spend more money on the game then some subscribers do.

Reason I'm not subscribed myself is because the All Acces plan does not apply to European players but they pretend it does on the launcher.
  12. Pacster

Wrong thread. This is not about special benefits of paying customers...it's about a very stupid(if it's right that they forgot the renew their registration) mistake SOE made which made the servers be unavailable for many players for 2 days. And while they are saying "sorry" to the paying customers, they think it's fine for the f2p players. I think that ain't a very smart move, that's all.
  13. Wafflepancake

Hmm perhaps we are all going about this the wrong way.
    Leave the double exp on the final weekend of the month for members, and perhaps another in-game event that would cater to the mass as a whole.
    As of now we get the community clashes - but those are mostly player run.
    Lets get some fair and equal ball rolling here and generate ideas.
    Maybe instead of making the exp just for members, throw it up for all players on that final weekend, and just give members perhaps an extra 25% of that bonus?

Give to the community yet still give rewards for paying customers. This will give non-members reason to really haul higby over the weekend and help generate even bigger battles!

Oooh okay. Well thread kinda bounced. Now I understand you point.
    But lets take a look at whats happening..

Its nice they are giving us those two extra days but.. I'd rather the extra 200 certs. 200 certs for delayed purchase? Yes please!

It's not like when my internet goes out from weather, that our ISP will take those days off my bill at the end of the month >:I I still have to pay the amount in full. So it's nice that SoE decided to give us those two days for free.
  14. Captain Kid

No you don't understand. It's not about the extra XP. It's about seperating players in to two groups if an event is only for one group.
    There should be NO double XP or whatever event for premium players only at all. If they want to give something extra to premium players just add some more bonusses to the subscription. Give them some boosters or more SC or whatever.

Same goes for members only sales on the sale page. Do not separate your players like that.
  15. LordTankT9

I payed for camos and vehicle customization - if that's not support and I'm a subpar client for SOE, then they got what they deserved, bad karma you know...
  16. Pacster

If it was the weather...but not if it was alone your ISPs fault cause they didn't do the basics of their job(like paying their electricity bill). You could sue them in that case...
  17. DQCraze

Yes, free players tell me more of your plight, not getting premium items for free must be tough on you.
  18. Pacster

Free premium items? When? Where? Who? Troll...
  19. Wafflepancake

I used weather as an easy example. Was gonna use Power instead as we (my city) were without power for a few days, some areas for two+ weeks. But it doesn't matter because outages are beyond the controll, just like any ISP where they have network outages. You are still made to pay for the outtage time.

But as to the whole "separating" the player base... money for nothing and chicks for free.
  20. LordTankT9

SUMMER REWARD - code for everyone to get an NS assault rifle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.