Nanoweave or AdvancedSC

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by 24NoSwagWithScope7, Jul 14, 2014.

1. 24NoSwagWithScope7

What would you guys recommend to use ?

Is it a great advantage to use Nanoweave over Advanced Shiel Capacitor?

How many bullets would it take to drop me with nanoweave 5 and selfhealing abiltiy on ?

Or is it as good as worthless and im better with ADC since i can heal myself anyway?

Thanks for reading and possible opinions!
  2. NDroid

I prefer the ASC, especially on the Medic since as you said- you can heal yourself. Combined with the ASC you can quickly go back to full health and shields between engagements.
    • Up x 2
  3. 24NoSwagWithScope7

yep yep. im using it myself but i want to know how it works with nanoweave since i dont want to waste that many certs before knowing if its worth or not
  4. Divenity

Personally I use Nanoweave. I prefer having higher effective hitpoints for a straight on engagement over recharging faster between them, because if I don't live through the fight to begin with, that faster shield recharge won't do me any good.

maxed out Nanoweave is not to be underestimated, that is a lot of damage reduction (20% small arms damage reduction, if I remember correctly)
    • Up x 2
  5. 24NoSwagWithScope7

yes 20% is right. well that actually makes you a mini heavy :D i think im gonna spend some certs into it.
  6. Epic High Five

You'll probably want ASC until you get revive grenades unlocked, then you'll want grenade bandoleer 24/7

With both NW and aura up you're looking at +2 shots to kill, more or less. Against headshots, it will be unchanged

I like ASC because it always helps, and when combined with your aura you have basically zero downtime, meaning that is pitched combat you're got a much larger health pool as you've got more shields up more often than anybody else
    • Up x 1
  7. Divenity

ASC only helps if you have time to get to cover before you die, if someone gets the drop on you, ASC isn't gonna do anything, whereas Nanoweave could save you.
    • Up x 1
  8. Atenson

Personally, Nanoweave gives me a false sense of security. Stupid as it may sound, I discovered that w/ NW I subconsciously think "I have Nanoweave, I can take a little extra abuse. Annnnnnd I'm Dead."

With ASC I am more conscious of self preservation & in the long run, that means more revives for everyone else.

I have since abandoned both & switched to Grenade bandoleer w/ (4) revive grenades. I am generally pretty conservative w/ them so I don't blast through infantry resources.
  9. cruczi

Nanoweave is more important for a medic IMO. Your job is primarily to revive and heal, nanoweave helps you cross those dangerous gaps between here and the teammate's corpse without dying in the process. ASC usually doesn't help much because as a support, you don't need to have minimal downtime, you can wait for your shield to recharge while your teammates fight.
    • Up x 1
  10. DoomFruit

I actually run flak armour, because I usually spend my time hiding behind friendlies with the medigun out and explosions are what hit me the most.

Also, I despise lolpods.
  11. Moz

It really depends on how you plan to play your Medic.

For an all out support role medic Grenade Bano has to be the number one choice.

If you plan on a support role with some engagement, ASC and if you plan on playing a more combat medic type role i would go Nanoweave.
  12. SharkSpider

I run nanoweave with the shield bubble and medkits. Great for point holds, capable of beating HAs in a 1v1, and able to get to full health really quickly. Really good synergy with a squad of mostly HAs, too.
    • Up x 1
  13. hansgrosse

Nanoweave is definitely useful on a medic, but of the two I prefer ASC.

Faster-recharging shields has saved my sorry *** more times than I can count; I definitely notice the difference in survivability.
    • Up x 1
  14. 24NoSwagWithScope7

yeah yeah i know what you mean :D sometimes i think "uhhh if i had nanoweave then i would have killed that heavy", sometimes "damn if i had my shield regen now and not in 7(or so) more second, i could totally get done what i have started."

i still dont know with what i want to use in the long run. they are both usefull D:
  15. Xervous

I'll just take the time to praise SOE for this one little thing they've managed. If people can't agree on which suit slot option is best, that's good for the game.
    • Up x 3
  16. starlinvf

ALWAYS have Revive nades and grenade bandolier.

Prior to this, I used to run Flak to protect myself from that eventual frag nade that wipes out everyone in the room, except me. But I've found 4 Rez nades to be substantially more flexible in big fire fights. Rather then cross dangerous firing lines to get to a down ally, Med gun in hand, I just toss a rez nade out, and use my AR for suppressive fire while the zombies make a break for cover. Once they are in a safe spot, you can heal them up easy enough.

AOE heal works great for cleaning up after a big res. But the shield can get you a ton of points if you drop it in a spot where people are camping.
  17. \m/SLAYER\m/

i prefer Nanoweave for medium pop fights, and flak for zerg:D
  18. IamnotAmazing

asc is like crack, get off it and have massive withdraw
    • Up x 2
  19. DevDevBooday

i came on to this thread to find out how to use Advanced Station Cash.
    I was disappointed...
  20. MiniSentrygun

Nanoweave and healing aura allows you to soak up more shots in long range. I know that SOE fixed it so the healing stops for a flash when you get hit, but when you're in long range the shooter's going to hit you inconsistently with a full auto or at a slow rate of a semi auto. And in this situation the healing does absorb a lot of damage and even more with nanoweave.