Infiltrators on Low Graphicsquality

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by SynaptixBrainstorm, Jul 14, 2014.

1. SynaptixBrainstorm

Im pretty sure there is more that SOE can do. I dont ask for the white "shot me" infiltrators like they was quite a while ago.
    But like it is rightnow..simply unfair.....everytime i hear a cloaker nearby i just turn crazy....i know its too easy on graphics from like medium to high.

PLEASE dont tell me to upgrade my system to run this game in higher graphics settings because..THATS NOT THE POINT. Its a question of balance not the systems hardware.

I would not mind to make them a bit more white-ish. since its so easy so see them on higher settings.
    Or maybe make infil. less visible on higher settings?
    Anyway some balance has to be done!

Thanks for reading
  2. m44v

Can you use the search function? this topic has been argued for like in 10 threads and is timesome to rehash it every ******* time. SOE tried several times to balance it, blah blah blah, it couldn't so we have to suck it up.

You only have to put "graphics quality" to medium, and keep everything else in low. You don't need to run in highest quality.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jawarisin

So polite!
    I tottaly agree with you... Probably a little bit of both, I find the infiltrator on low are actually "ok" if they are close (read withing 2-3 meters). Probably just extend that same degree of visibility up to 15 meters. And make us less visible on high, I'm sure if SOE tuned it slowly instead of going either drastically too visible to completely invisible, we could find a good middle ground.

Good to see even a BR 95 with good stats feels that way.

That was so unconstructive my cat nearly jumped off a bridge. And without the issue being raised every time, it won't ever get fixed. Please don't answer to this.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jump Jets

When did SOE try SEVERAL times to balance it.
    I only remember EZ Ghost mode on low, to next to invisible on low.
    Please show me, it would actually make me feel much better knowing that they have actually tried again, (and again, and again as you are claiming).
    To me it just seems as if this is one of those on the "long bug list" and at the bottom of that, if even on it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Moz

To put it simply to you, its is 100% "the point" about hardware. Any new games graphics cannot be optimised around older PC equipment. If that was the case our games would be seriously held back in terms of advancement. THIS is the bigger issue with the cloaking.

Now im not saying that i think it is fair the infils are virtually invisible for people with worse settings, i think it is totally unfair. What i am saying however is that i can see why SOE put a low priority on sorting this.

The only option they really have open to them is to make the infil appear the same as they do on low settings for everyone. I can almost see the formside tears coming down the river they have cut now.

I perosnally believe making the cloak less visible would make the Infil slightly OP, after all the reason this gets on people nerves is the fact they cant see an Infil that is right in their face.
  6. SynaptixBrainstorm

well i dont think that they should make them as invisible on higher settings as they are on low. but they really could give infils less transparency. and im not saying like back in the days when they were white.

BTW: Cooked nades would be amazing :D
  7. SynaptixBrainstorm

i think they have changed it 3 times now. 1. when they were invisible.. 2. when they were white and obvious...3. back to the first step.... so actually changed once :S
  8. m44v

SOE already tried, is impossible to do with the bitmap thing they use for low settings. Is easy to see that It can't work because it has to "look the same" under wide situations, if it looks right in Emasir, it will suck in Amerish and Hossing, if it is right indoors, it will suck outdoors and in the night, getting to work without shaders is likely a difficult task and SOE has better things to do.
  9. SynaptixBrainstorm

yes i agree...if they would make infils less visible on higher settings...but i think more visible on low would be better..otherwise thousands of ppl would cry how OP they now are......OHH like me rightnow and a couple of people that i know :D
  10. SynaptixBrainstorm

at least you brought a good argument

i dont know enough to say something about graphics in general..
  11. kingskorpio80

Dear Op, I would kindly ask you to try and move from very low to low or medium, in very low shadows are off therefore you cannot see the shadow applied to infiltrator which I think is quite fairly visible, in medium is very visible with a body made of shimmering air or water marking the infiltrator. I f you are unable to do this please find some video of planetside 2 on youtube of people playing with higher graphics and make yourself a general idea before coming back to discuss this matter further if you wish so.

As it stands , above the very low graph settings infiltrator are still very visible, I play on medium myself, so much so that when 'm cloaking around I realize I've got to rely on luck due to enemy playing on low settings or be spotted anyway, often even while crouching still in the supposedly deep cloak. To me the cloak has become something of a joke, where a medic and heavy and an engineer meet each other on a bar and the punchline of the joke is the infiltrator saying his special ability is to "become invisible for short time, when no one is looking is way."

To people saying cloak is not supposed to make you invisible and is best used to approach enemy from behind or flank, alias blind spot, I'd ask them if any other class could't do the same without a cloak, even better because you don't have to inform everyone in over 200m around you of your presence.
  12. Marxsbeard

Yeah, the balance is pretty jacked. I need to upgrade my gpu. My current is below the min requirements. What I did was set quality at high, everything else at low or off, and lowered render distance and quality until I got playable fps. Looks like ****, but I can see other cloakers.