[Video] Planetside 2 Resource Revamp

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by blackkyguy123, Jul 14, 2014.

1. novicez

The part whether or not there would be a resource upkeep/ceiling to be applied once a vehicle is pulled, which according to you is part of phase 2 of the roadmap whereas I've read last week was it was mentioned that there will be a resource upkeep once such vehicles are still alive/inuse.

If I had a screenshot of the roadmap document I'd readily provide it to you, but sadly I don't
  2. kirinohana

I don't really like the changes. Lowering the cost of sundies that much seems a bit overdone. In fact if you use tank mines to kill a sundie it will cost as much as pulling the damn sundie itself. I think we will be seeing many many more battle sundies.

Not keeping inventory of consumables is kind of stupid as well. This means in long fights or combating large zergs it may be easy to run out. I can have a total of 10 tank mines (max 5 kills if placed in advanced perfectly) with full 900 nanites, thats pretty ****** if you ask me.

Another question, with the cont locking giving you a 50% reduction in resource cost, how will that work with the new system? Meaning Amerish gives you 50% off infantry resource cost currently, the same applies for nanites? Meaning it would be 50% off consumables?

If that is the case can you imagine the vehicle cost down 50%, sundies would then cost 120 nanites, or you can pull one every 2 minutes. Sundy spam here we come.
  3. TheKhopesh

I say you should be able to hold 10 of each consumable (Regardless of how many you can use at any given time).
  4. NCstandsforNukaCola

Maximum stack is too much low
    It should be 12 at least
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

this new resource system will be good for people who only play one thing only (infantry, ground vehicles, aircraft) because the resource is specialized and regenerates faster

on the other hand, it will be bad for people who play many things (like switching to infantry after the vehicle is destroyed) because they can only use the resource for one purpose now
    • Up x 1
  6. Malorn

Incorrect. What is on Test is what will be on Live.
    • Up x 2
  7. RyanGUK

Thanks for clarifying that, seems like it's been going around in circles about whether or not it will be.
  8. user101

Played last night on the PTS with different people on different factions this is going to change the game and how it is played. P2W is not going to help in this case... ! The day of MAX crashing is over. VS took a real hit in weapons range. TR MAX way out shoot VS. VS Max will be lucky to kill a tank. Ran out of nanites in two pulls. Everyone will be severely hampered with all consumables. The day of C4 use will be very limited with this update.
  9. Artifex78

Funny, because others are saying (including the guy in the video), you are going to have "unlimited" consumables because they are "so cheap".
  10. user101

That is not the way it worked last night - yes it sounds like your going to get more but good players right now on the old system earn 2x the amount that they are saying you are going to get with the new system. And since fights are short and the amounts of consumables have been reduce by drastic numbers -- ok you pull 2 MBT that's it your can't by C4 for an hour. If you buy C4 you can't pull tanks or max's. You're stuck... you have to pick one or the other. The old system allowed you to stock stuff if you were a good player, the new system does not. Stock in the new system means maybe 4. Not 40 .....! This is why people are saying P2W...!
  11. Artifex78

"Good" players don't earn more or faster resources in the current system. Usually you only have to idle inside the warp gate and stock up consumables. And if you are low on a certain resource you just play inside a hex with a bonus for said resource for a while (or, again, idle inside the warp gate). This has nothing to do with "skill".

With the new system you have to spent smart. Budgeting is important. And being low on Nanites isn't the end of the world. The pool refills very fast.

With the new system you cannot hoard consumables anymore and that's a good thing.

PS: I am one of those "allround" guys, constantly switching classes, and I am looking forward to these changes.
  12. user101

Well see how you fell after the change...?? Hoarding is good... if you want to win. You are prime example of why you should not get nanites in the warpgate ever... for any reason. You should have to fight out of the warpgate to get nanites.
  13. MadMelon

The new rescourse-cost seems to be pretty high. But I have to give the new system a chance even though i'm sure that the Devs will **** it up.
  14. kirinohana

So here is a question, what is the purpose of the revamp?

I had assumed that many people including myself, were interested in a revamp because it was kind of annoying or stupid to have huge armor or air zergs constantly. I also understand that some people wanted meta with siege mechanics, so you could starve out a location.

How does this accomplish any of those? The only thing I see this accomplishing is making people focus less on consumables, more on the highest force multiplier for them, at all times. It makes people more likely to specialize (aka a tanker) and less likely to do many different things. It seems like it will favor attackers to defenders (since defending often uses consumables) and it seems like it may slow down combat in general.

Is this what we had wanted? Why such drastic changes to the way the game is currently played? Will this bring in more players?
  15. MostlyClueless

It takes a minute and a half to go from nothing to being able to afford a C4 brick. Three minutes for two. If your tank was alive for those three minutes you don't even need to wait when it dies.
  16. DevDevBooday

Except before you had a combined 2250 resources.
    now its 900
    So if I only pull tanks, sure its the same but why should I pull an MBT and almost bankrupt myself to pull anything else including grenades for something that is about to be nerfed again?

If you compare amount used beforehand to now.

Tanks cost 450 of 2250 resources

Now it uses 540 of 900

under the current system thats the equivalent of 1350 vehicle resources. (3x the price)
    but since you couldnt have that and its going to be from the same pool its equivalent now would be a MBT pulling 450 resources from tank, infantry AND air resources EVERY time you pull a tank.

But hey, at least there is no acquisition timer. Oh wait, there is, its a flat 3 minutes because you cant pull more than 1 tank even with full resources.

Though this new 3 minute timer increases every time you use a grenade, or c4 or ANYTHING because it all uses the same resources.

This system is completely broken.

YES the resource revamp is needed, but this is NOT a good way.

Ghost capping will increase to avoid using resources in order to afford things.
    Tanks will disappear because they cost too much to potentially be killed instantly
    Platoon leading will be a nightmare because people wont redeploy and abandon tanks or maxes
    People (including me) will just go AFK at warpgate to wait for enough resources to afford even simple rez grenades.
  17. DevDevBooday

As stated in the post above, yes tanks do infact cost ALOT more (3x the price of before)
  18. Inex

No they don't. Comparing their cost to the total reserve is meaningless because 2/3rds of that reserve can't be used for tanks with the current system.

You can argue that for certain players, under certain circumstances the current system gives a greater income. But for most players, they're going to see a much higher overall income rate with the revamp. Nominal cost is higher, but individual income grows even more to compensate: you are able to pull more tanks, ergo tanks are cheaper.
  19. DevDevBooday

So yes, if you pull EXCLUSIVELY tanks, using NO grenades, c4, healing sticks, aircraft or MAXs AT ALL, then yes, tanks are cheaper. If you are any ordinary player that uses a bit of everything, you are going to go bankrupt VERY quickly.

Before, if you ran out of tank resources, you just rolled as infantry or pulled an ESF etc. Now when you run out. You cant use ANYTHING other than your Primary, pistol and rocket launcher (if you are heavy).

In the old system, if you ran out, you could just use your other resources, you always had options.

Under the new one, if i waste it all on vehicles, i will just have to go afk or something until I can afford anything again.

Its silly, as said in other posts, these lower resources only makes extra resource consumables ever more potent and have even been accused of being P2W.
  20. Inex

Which isn't an indication that the current system makes tanks cheaper, you are simply being forced to ration your resources so you don't run out of Air/Mech while spamming Inf.

Under the current system, you might be lucky enough to get 100 Inf every 5 min (I rarely see an income that high myself, but I don't often play on continents my faction has 85% control of). That means you get to drop a brick of C4 every 5 minutes. With the revamp, you will get to place C4 every 90 seconds. If you only place one every 5 minutes just like you do with the current system, you 'profit' 210 resources just like you do with the current system.

So yes, spamming Inf will take away your ability to pull tanks. That's because the new system will let you spam 3x as much Inf as you could before. Ration yourself, and you'll be able to pull tanks and aircraft just like now.
    • Up x 2