Poplico Dalton Montage - D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Poplico, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Poplico

2. [NNG]WillTerry

Are you sure you want to post this?
    • Up x 5
  3. Kapernum

That kill on rguitar looks kind of fishy. I know about twitch etc, but still.
    • Up x 3
  4. Inex

It's true. Getting a reputation for posting boring montages is a hard thing to come back from.
    • Up x 1
  5. dstock

Your editing skill lacks.
  6. rguitar87

That kill on me sure did look different on my screen, compared to his video --> http:// youtu.be/z46u8_Zr82c?t=1m27s
    Anyone know how to make dalton shots invisible and/or extremely fast? How do I cert that?
    • Up x 6
  7. rguitar87

Further analysis.
    • Up x 4
  8. Obstruction

to me the second clip looks like he keeps his targets spotted for his pilot. i complain about keeping things spotted constantly. i'd imagine his pilot does as well.

then in the first clip looks like you were leading the lib and not watching the dalton shots. you have to remember that projectiles don't inherit velocity, so dalton shells track from where the lib was when it fired. the one that got you was rendered beneath your cockpit display, because you weren't watching the projectiles, you were leading the lib and flying in a straight line.

btw, don't you hoverduel libs? that's by far the most effective method. if you're just going to fly in a straight line you need like 5 scrubs all doing it at once, and at least one should expect to die during the chase.
    • Up x 3
  9. [NNG]WillTerry

I had some minor doubts before. Now after watching it in slow motion, its pretty obvious. This is why he's not allowed in the QRY TS anymore.
    • Up x 2
  10. rguitar87

When did you become an expert on these things? You have ~500 vehicle kills in an ESF.

You can't "hover duel" a liberator that is fleeing to the warpgate, and I was not flying in a simple straight line. The first shot that went to my right should have played a sound. On my screen, the second shot (that hit me) went from roughly 30% of the distance to my location instantaneously. 99.9% of the times I've been daltoned, you can hear it coming and see the shell come all the way towards you at a predictable velocity.
    • Up x 2
  11. HayabusaRunner

That snap targeting is a dead giveaway. No one guns a dalton like that.
    • Up x 1
  12. WycliffSlim

He's not flying in a straight line and by not being able to tell that fact you're betraying your ignorance.
  13. HayabusaRunner

• Up x 1
  14. [NNG]WillTerry

15. Obstruction

lol. quote some more stats at me. i'm surprised i have that many. surely they must be flashes or something. i do happen to know a thing or two about how ESFs attack libs though. you guys can say i'm ignorant all you like. but if he was fleeing to warpgate, and you were following, then you're setting yourself up for exactly what happened.

it doesn't really matter if you guys think he cheats, or if he's not especially pleasant, or if he smells bad. i happen to know he's not especially pleasant. i wouldn't be surprised if he smelled bad. but i don't see any cheating, what i see is an ESF setting itself up for a straight line shot because he's chasing and not waiting to engage in an open duel.
  16. Obstruction

actually straight lines that are at a weird angle to the lib's path are more difficult to hit. so you can call me ignorant all you want but what i meant by "straight line" was that he was leading his nose to intersect the lib's vector. which means he's curving slightly, yes, but he's falling into line behind the lib.

those guys were flipped over and flat out running to warpgate, so the ESFs, lusting for the kill, follow and fall right into a predictable pattern that dalton gunners see all the time. you guys go ahead and quote all my stats at me. tell me how much i don't know about fighting ESFs in a lib.

then ask around a little.
  17. WycliffSlim

He's alternating upward and downward thrust every couple of seconds and changing the yaw and roll as well. That's not flying in a straight line and at the ranges that he was that's a nearly impossible shot to hit outside of dumb luck. If you fly at an angle that isn't intersecting a Liberators path you can't shoot it. If you don't shoot it you will never kill it. All you can do is move in an unpredictable pattern and constantly alter your vertical and horizontal vektors which Rguitar is doing in this clip.

Rguitar probably has more experience fighting Liberators in an ESF than anyone else in the world and from fighting him probably 100 times or more I can tell you that no matter what it may look like he's not an easy target to hit. The fact of the matter is, he wasn't making himself an easy target. Whether hacking was involved or not is irrelevant to that simple fact.
  18. PKfire

Whether he cheats or not, the salt in this thread was definately more entertaining than the video.

Only truly fishy shot I noticed was the kill over J908 in the latter half of the clip.
    • Up x 1
  19. McToast

Moin

Editing skills are even worse than mine, but I don't see cheats here.
    The "flickshots" he did on rguitar were just to spot the reaver. It does look a bit awkward, especially when he snaps back after his second shot, but I sometimes do the same when shooting at longer ranges.

I don't wanna question rguitars experience in an ESF, he's without doubt one of the best pilots in the game, but maybe he should gun the Dalton more often.
  20. MmMmYessss

that is a ******* sketchy shot that dalton angle doesn't even make sense. Server lag maybe? i have had "ReaversAreEasyMode" Shoot me at some ****** up angles like one literally would have had to go through his cockpit to hit me
    • Up x 1