European Server merge details

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Jul 14, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

Surprised to not see a thread discussing it yet as these details were announced near an hour ago

This is the most important part of the recent news

"We'll be merging the following servers:
    • Woodman + Miller
    • Ceres + Cobalt"
    What are people opinions of these servers being merged?

Also it seems the winning server from the planned Server Smash events will keep their name. Are people fond of this idea or would people prefer to see a neutral name come out of it?
  2. sushiii

**** the old names... these are new servers now so new neutral names...
    • Up x 2
  3. sushiii

btw miller+woodman this will be epic, a lot of pro players play there
  4. Exolon

Cobalt + Ceres needs to be renamed Werner... it's a small compensation for us not getting any of Miller's TR.
  5. Ribero

I'd be all for Cobalt+Ceres being renamed LithCorp.

:D
    • Up x 5
  6. Pikachu

Yay Cobalt+Ceres. :) Let's hope not too much NC overpop.

My LithCorp. ;_;
    • Up x 1
  7. Riku

It's ironic because Miller was my first server where I had 3 chars, which I all dumped so I could play on double queue high population (at that time) Woodman while Miller was completely left out of the recommended-server-routine, and suffered from decreasing populations.
    It's going to be fun, I've been missing Miller's average skill level ever since my first day on Woodman.
    Looking forward to a challenge, bring it ;)
  8. Pootisman

Meh, not Miller :(
    I hope Ceres has a lot of TR, because TR on Cobalt are often underpopulated and uncoordinated. We have the weakest TR of any server when it comes to alert wins. Cant remember the last time when TR won an alert.
  9. GlueHead

We got alot of TR, I mean ALOT.
  10. Nowan123

Well, then. I will have 3 chars on the same server (MillerMan? :p) for each faction. I don't even know who to fight for D: (likely won't even make it... >.>)

This seems a fine way to do it, yeah. But I have a question.

Where will the merged servers be hosted?
    I have a higher ping to Miller than Woodman...
  11. Simferion

Don't worry, I'm coming to help! :D
    Got an NC on Cobalt....

What worries me is the disparity in the airgames.... both Woodman and Ceres have a less developed airgame or at least I feel so.
  12. Pikachu

I thought Cobalt TR were decent. o.o Anyway us NC are going to get some good players now.
  13. Ometen

Yey i was talking about a ceres / cobalt merge with my friends like half a year ago and now its getting real?
    I can just hope that the vs on cobalt isnt that useless as on ceres ^^
    Would like to hear some experiences from a cobalt player how the factions are doing over there.

On Ceres right now i would consider NC the strongest than TR and than VS populationwise
  14. Zombekas

MillerWood would be such a troll name.
  15. Simferion

I think this kind of merge will create a lot of problems.
    They have decided the pairings basing their decisions on mere numbers and this is bad.
    There's a lot of differences in the gameplay among the servers and Woodman and Ceres' ones are more relaxed than Miller or Cobalt's.

Learning to fly will become a pain for me and I'll quit it except probably for the scythe.
    Moreover these merges should be delayed until they optimize the game back.
  16. RHINO_Mk.II

http://4.bp.************/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TRIo4br3I/AAAAAAAACv4/Zh7_GcMlRKo/s400/ALOT.png
    • Up x 8
  17. Pacster

LOL...Cobalt VS just had a comeback(after being seriously outnumbered since last WDS...especially by NC)...and now we get Ceres? Not sure if we will overcome that one too...

Miller VS can celebrate...but for Ceres and Cobalt it's a bitter pill(not only for VS tho, TR will cry out loud as well). Let's hope the bigger battles make up for being down to 30% pop during the evenings again...and let's hope Ceres VS is not as bad as some claim.

I feel seriously sorry for NC on Miller/Woodman and I'd love to see what exactly those markers have been that ended up with the decision to have this combination of merges. In my book this is the worst combination possible...Miller/Woodman will be dominated by VS and Ceres/Cobalt by NC with TR always comming in second place(on Ceres/Cobalt it might be a close race with VS).

@Ometan: VS is the strongest faction on Cobalt although not being the largest(pop-gap seems to have closed a lot during the last weeks tho). When all sides have around 33% then VS usually wins over here. Problem is that during peek hours we have often been 10% behind in pop...and that's just too much to overcome.
  18. FieldMarshall

I dont care what they call the servers, as long as they reserve Werner for when all EU servers get merged.
    • Up x 3
  19. Govedo13

If this is the case we are kinda screwed. Ceres VS is bad both by pop and by numbers of good outifts- there are only 4-5 decent Outfits and only one is big out of them.
  20. Longasc

Ceres+Cobalt ==> Kobol!

- Admiral Adama will unite TR and NC.
    - The Vanu will be known as Cylons from now on, and get appropriate headgear and metallic camo for free.
    • Up x 3