Cross faction verbal harassment

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mianera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. PurpleBeefer

Trash talking in /yell is one thing but sending tells raging to them directly for being killed in a game, well thats just le dumb. I love seeing the ZOMG NERF PPA yells or " you only win cause pop, nerf pop " but usually those are met with spandex or vanu like quotes. good times.
  2. MaxDamage

Either talk ****e back or ignore them.

Some people blow off steam that way, it is a competitive combat themed game and people really get into it, and always will do. I generally ignore them because they wind me up, but beyond that.. Nobody likes a snitch who hangs on the coat tails of the CS department. Take it as a compliment and roll on, or don't use FOTM OP tactics.

One thing I know for a FACT is that if you don't reply/ignore them, they get bored quickly and forget about you. Which makes me very doubtful that your story is as one-sided as you like people to believe.

If someone taunts you, you do yourself no favours by boasting of your kill or threatening to tell mommy; the former invites more trouble and the latter means the wider community will be less interested in playing with you.

Put your grown up panties on and deal with it. In a one on one situation the game empowers you to handle the situation.
  3. NC supporter

Theres always going to be that elitist so just ignore.
  4. Jeslis

/ignore add <name> <- (without the <>)

Then you don't even see it any more :)
  5. Mianera

Think I'll start using it more, believe it or not been playing the game for over a year, never knew that option was there. Thanks! :)
  6. Zombekas

One would think in a game that involves a considerable amount skill and tactics people would be grown up enough to figure out who to reply to and who to /ignore. Replying to trolls/elitists (and making that video) just shows how much you let it get to your head.
  7. Munr

I know what you mean. I goes beyond banter. Yesterday, another NC player said my mom was a "dirty ****". I'm going to blame it on the fact that it's summer and the kiddies are out of school. SOE needs to crack down.
  8. volth

Report them
  9. AdmiralArcher

the only time i send tells is to say that im sorry for TKing, congratulate the person i just killed for that last auraxium kill, or calling people dickheads for killing me while im bug reporting
  10. dstock

11. Ometen

Most of the time the ppl have a reason to rage about.
    For example i got a lot of hate for using the coyotes ( wich i can honeslty understand becouse they are nasty).
    So here is my approach to the problem. If i just dominated somone with the coyotes and he starts raging about them i just told him that i am sorry for him that he lost his esf and that i can understand him that he is pissed about the weapon.

In a lot of cases it evolves in to a driendly discussion about game balance, flying or god knows what :D I even met somone on pts to practice dogfighting after one of those extremly hostile rage message. And now i have a lot of known pilots form nc and tr in my friendslist becouse of that !

The method wich is used is called descalation ;) But it doesnt work in every case! Sometimes you just have to talk shi t back :D
  12. Slash Hammer

Can I cert some special sunglasses that help me reading this totally annoying red text???:eek: But there is a solution to the /yell problem: switch your chat win to Squad, Platoon or Outfit. That's it..
  13. Pootisman

Trash talking and raging isnt really a problem for me. It can be really funny at times. When people overdo it, you can always use the ignore command.

I like emotional players more than "i dont give a ****" players. Players who dont care about winning or loosing and never say a word are just boring.
  14. IrishPride

Oh god every time i kill him its a friggin remark from him and he tends to forget i play with him in his squads so i have nut check him and tell him we play on a team together uggh that dude is rude and i agree with OP **** talking is really lame this game is still beta constantly changing values of how things woirk so saying you are thebest? try next patch then we'll talk lol. Him and a couple others all do that report me for cheating w/e etc.
  15. RIctavius

You know how to stop the **** spewing, start roleplaying in yell chat. Im being serious, the more you create fun stupid stuff to say purely to make people laugh, especially after an ill-thought out rant tirade by some jerk. Just break the ice with fun - a real nerd has fun, trolls need an erection.