[Suggestion] NS Nebula 11 - Ideas for a Nanite System extended magazine smg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Amnoon, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Amnoon

I have been thinking in a second generation smg for the nanite system arsenal. My first thoughts about this smg was exclusively focused in the design of the weapon because it is what i really like to do. I have followed the boxy design of the NS-7 PDW with a circular magazine.

[IMG]

To make this weapon different of the empire specific options y added a double cannon so when you fire, you shoot two bullets (you aim with the higher cannon). I know that maybe this will be very OP so the weapon should have a low ROF or lower damage per bullet. The point of this idea is that you can do an headshot and a body shot simultaneously if you aim well. This was just a crazy idea so if it' impossible the second cannon could be replaced for the laser sight attachment slot.

Feel free to discuss about the stats of the weapon or if you like the idea of a NS extended magazine smg.

PD: if you want to check some of my other works you can check my DA profile.
    • Up x 4
  2. Dracorean

A multi-barreled weapon does fill NS quirk guns that they enjoy selling to the 3 factions, though double barrel really wouldn't be considered over powering at all, as the rate of fire can be lowered so that the total rate of fire can be higher given if both barrels alternate fire while holding down the trigger. Side note it can fire two rounds in semi-auto setting. Having multiple barrels would have its own downside to it, as it would eat up more ammo as it fires.

Though high capacity SMG's is more of a empire specific option much like high damage SMG's given the way it can be set to fire it would be able to fire when triggered is pulled, half the amount then specified.
    • Up x 1
  3. DorianOmega

MORE THEN ANYTHING, that integrated p-90 style grip is NEEDED in a gun for PS2, this is some sweet concept art and idea for a gun, I endorse the living crap out of this.
  4. Amnoon

Umm for me the extended mag SMGs are just another type of SMG (like the auto shotguns and the pump action shotgun). Every faction can use both. I don't think that they are empire specific.
  5. Dracorean

They have empire specific qualities, though its really not a huge difference really, its just set up to be for empires while nanite system weapons tend to be all set for versatility or given some sort of quirk.
  6. Amnoon

Yes, that's true too. I wanted just to think in something different for and NS smg with the essence of the secong generation of smg.
  7. Draaketh

Woo very nice design. I am new in the game and i need to check a lot of weapons yet but it will be awesome to see this weapon ingame.
  8. Tcsisek

great idea I would definitely buy it just for 2 bullets in one shot! also it could get an attachment allowing it to slide the 2nd barrel along the magazine to get a slow ROF carbine for mid ranges with better range and slightly more damage per shot but low ROF
  9. BobSanders123

This guys can make better guns than the devs.
    • Up x 1
  10. ADps2

Pretty cool design
  11. SexyTRex

Freaking gorgeous, would buy
  12. Amnoon

Thanks people, i am glad you like!