Give us back open continents

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stevenmadcap, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldmonk

Seriously, quit complaining. SOE is listening to it's users and we all demanded Continent Locking a while back. "It would provide factions with a reward." Fast forward to today and here we are complaining about it like children. "I can't play Indarside." Who gives a ****, its awesome game and they give us what we want. Also, no one cares that your maxed BR and have a subscription, makes you look like a bigger jerk for complaining.
    • Up x 1
  2. hurtl2305

Yeah, me too...
    • Up x 2
  3. ironeddie

Ok this is a strange thread now the two have been combined together.
    • Up x 1
  4. ronjahn

Not gonna lie, but I was a bit bothered by the fact that Indar was locked all day on Sunday on Emerald.

Best part about it is a few minutes after it unlocked, an Indar alert popped up to lock it again.

I'm all for more meta game, but cont locking in its current form is half *****. I'm tied of half ***** stuff, why not implement something like this when you can ya know, implement the whole feature at once.
  5. Morchai

I'd prefer them to remove continent locking as well. But, given that SOE probably won't, they need to move fixing the system to the very tip top of their priority list.

The system right now is horrid. Yesterday Indar was locked most of the day, even though there were dominating empires on both Esimir and Amerish. Yet somehow, locking alerts weren't being triggered on those continents (which would have opened up Indar). Then, when Indar finally did open last night it wasn't opened for long at all before it was already in an alert, even though the territory was virtually equal between the three factions.

It may be my imagination, but the system doesn't seem to be treating the continents equally and actually seemed (yesterday, at least) to be biased against allowing Indar to be open. The RGN and weighting for the alert system has to go. All of the continents, even Hossin, needs to play by the same rules.

There should also be a timer to cap a continent lock. No continent should stay locked all damned day.
  6. DG-MOD-02

Closing this thread as it is non constructive.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.