Will this PC work with the game?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kislany, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Kislany

I'm thinking of buying a new pc (don't ask me to build one, I'm good with software, but terrible with hardware, and at my age, noway I'm getting to learn that now) and was wondering what do you guys think of the specs. So far it's the cheapest I found with I7, everything else goes to around 1400 Euros, which is a bit too much.

Will it be enough to play PS2 at a decent rate? I might upgrade the graphics card at some point, but I know that the game is more CPU intensive than graphics intensive anyway.

Thanks in advance for all your input.

http://www.hpshop.com.cy/store/hp-pavilion-500-341nv-desktop-pc.html
  2. Zmei

This computer will work but on middle settings because Graphic Card so bad.You need spent money for better Graphic Card for example GTX 770 or GTX 760 or R9 280X.Processors are not primary for games,i mean u can buy processor cheaper.
  3. Gheeta

Please don't get that, it's not really a gaming setup :<

You really want something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/blog/45/970-gaming-build

This kind of setup will last for years and run PS2 very well.

I know here in Finland you can pay something like 50€ to get the store build it for you. I'm sure there are similar services available where you live. If you can tell us where you are from maybe someone can guide you to a better store or inform you about similar services in your country.
    • Up x 1
  4. ironeddie

That i7 is probably a bit on the slow side for this game.
    The graphics card is ok but I would want to upgrade it.
    The psu is quite low wattage which might be an issue if you choose to upgrade any components.
    8Gb of RAM would be better.
  5. Smagjus

If the guys before didn't make it clear enough - ANBSOLUTELY NO.

Every single spec is not suited for PS2. Ok, the operating system would be fine, but that's it.

To get into detail:
    • The CPU is an S version. You neither want S or T versions for gaming since they have lower clocks to save energy.
    • 6GB may be hardly on the limit. But it is not even dual channel. This configuration is simply pointless.
    • The GPU is much too slow.
    • The HDD offers 500GB. These capacities are daying therfor it is relatively save to assume that it is an older model which will be slow compared to other HDDs.
    • "180 W AC power adapter" - no comments.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kislany

Thanks everyone for the replies. Well that sux then. I live in Cyprus and here the options are rather limited, it's a small island. We have a few stores that import and sell computers, but I have no idea where I'd have one made locally. I'll have to start searching for someone here who is building pc's then. Thanks for the link to the custom built one, I'll keep that in mind when I go shopping.
  7. Kislany

8. Radiculopathy

I would go with this setup:

http://www.singular.com.cy/en/acer-atc-603-i7-4770-8gb-120gb-ssd-dt.spzeg.039.html
    http://www.singular.com.cy/en/zotac...xpress-3.0-x16-2-x-dvi-hdmi-zt-70603-10m.html

Ignorant people will claim the video card isn't good, don't listen to them.
    • Up x 1
  9. Radiculopathy

• Up x 1
  10. Kislany

That seems to be manageable, price wise not too bad either (for my country) . I can swap out cards, what I can't do is build a pc from scratch. Many thanks, really appreciate it.
  11. Bambasti

• Up x 3
  12. Smagjus

While Bambasti's built is a little expensive it seems like this is the normal price these things change ownership in Cyprus. I would support this built.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kislany

I'll probably go with that build. It's still the cheapest of three gaming pc's on that site. I was just worried that I5 might not be as good as I7 (maybe now yes, but the way technology advances, in one year might just be outdated) and I won't have another 1000+ Euros one year down the road to grab yet another one. But here's hoping that it'll be good for say the next 3 years though.
  14. Bambasti

The i5 is fine, its exactly the same processor as the Intel i7. The only difference is that the i7 has got Hyperthreading.
    (-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading - was introduced with some Pentium 4)

That's some technology to create another virtual second CPU per real core to utilize its capacities better. But this only works in applications and tasks that are heavily using parallel operations like encoding videos for example. In games there's usually absolutely no difference in performance between the Intel i5 and i7 because they are essentially the same technology when Hyperthreading is not used or has no effect (and that's the case in most everyday tasks).

The price is albeit a bit higher than what I would pay for this system. I don't know how the prices in Cyprus are but on that website they are saying that the computers are assembled in Germany and will be shipped from there. So since Cyprus is in the EU you should be able to order in another country, maybe Germany. (For example here you can design your very own configuration: http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/pcconfwelcome.jsp?pcConfigurator.gpOnly=0 , they assemble it for a small fee - I tried it and it was about 200 to 300 Euro cheaper with possibly better components because I cared about a good and powerful PSU etc.)
    • Up x 1
  15. Kislany

That would be awesome, however sadly they don't ship to Cyprus, only within the continental EU. Probably because shipping via airmail across the sea costs a big buck. Oh well, then I'll most probably stick with the I5 from that Cyprus shop. Still bit expensive, but at least it's a real gaming PC that should give me more than 20 fps per session like I have now when playing PS2.
  16. Bambasti

Just write them and ask if they ship to Cyprus, even if it's not listed.

Since it hasn't been in the EU for that long they forgot it maybe. ;)
  17. Kislany

Yes I did and got a rather taciturn employee on the phone (called them internationally from home). My conversation went as follows:

* Hello is this the Hardwareversand.de company?
    - Yes
    * Are you speaking English?
    - No
    (me getting together my rusty German)
    *I am calling from Cyprus. I want to put together xyz computer based on your website configurator, however I couldn't find an option for shipping to Cyprus.
    - It's correct.
    * Are you shipping to Cyprus?
    - No
    * Um...ok...any idea why?
    - No.
    * Ok thanks a lot
    - Thank you for calling xyz company. I hope we could serve you.

I closed the phone swearing.

Will go with the I5 pc from Singular.
  18. Bambasti

Sorry to hear that. Doesn't sound like a very professional customer support. :D

Since Cyprus is an island special conditions apply so maybe the price from that Singular company is fair, even if it's not the best offer compared to those on the continent. But by no means it's daylight robbery so you should be fine and Planetside 2 will run like a charm on that machine.
  19. Kislany

Could be, you're right. Everything is a bit more expensive in Cyprus, kind of got used to it since I"m living there the last 18 or so years. So I guess it's settled. I want to thank you again, Bambasti for making my selection much easier.