Dont feel like a hero at all

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterDk78, Jul 13, 2014.

1. MasterDk78

Well i know i am not the best, but i know to some point that i am not the worst either.
    I keep getting killed to the point where it is not funny. if not by the enemy, i get rammed by friendly tank who could not get around or was just running for his metal life. others by the many dumfire who dont know how to shoot with a gun. It does not matter what you try to do in this game, due to the sheer numbers of people.

I liked it back when there was no continent locking, picking fights where there was not so many people.
    Thats what I liked..
  2. MasterDk78

again i just logged off... there is no strategy with infiltrator, sniper, la,ha. or what ever. due to the sheer numbers.
  3. Ranik

PS2 suffers scaling problems badly. They built the game around Battlefield style play. Meanwhile combat is WAAAY spammier than the BF series. Everything would probably feel a bit better if we went from the 0.4s-0.5s ttk we have now up to something like 0.5s-0.7s ttk.

The current large fights are purely meatgrinders and are only fun to those who kit themselves out with the cheesiest weapons or equipment. Even the Devs asked the players about their opinions on possibly raising the ttk. If I remember right people were generally in favor.
  4. Scr1nRusher

actually people didn't want the current TTK changed.

Also I think the OP's problem is that....well....

look at the title of his thread, combined with his responses.

• Up x 11
  5. DK22

maybe snipers not for you, dunno, one has to pick their fights.
    sometimes its just, 'nope not the right place for doing this'
    I swap classes all the time, just depends whats going on.
    • Up x 8
  6. DSA_Corsair114

Welcome to Planetside 2.
    • Up x 15
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

So here's the deal. In single player games, everything is designed to make you feel like a hero. In multiplayer games, everyone has the same potential and tools to work with, so the only thing that can make you a hero is outstanding individual play.
    • Up x 19
  8. andy_m

Eh? Sheer numbers? I thought that was what this game was about?

And besides, we have the choice to look for smaller fights too.

As for sniper strategy, I can talk about that... As a sniper, my main strategy is to annoy the enemy...
    • Up x 2
  9. Inex

Unchanged was the highest result, but not by a huge margin and not an actual majority.

That was hilarious to see the "The majority thinks TTK should be faster!" only get 10% of the vote though.
  10. Kerempooh

I love Planetside 2 EXACTLY because I don't get to be a "hero."

It offers one very specific experience, and that is of being in a war, something much larger than myself or my immediate team. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Being killed by a random bullet or overrun by a zerg for no fault of my own are experiences I actually find enjoyable and refreshing in this day and age of entitled games where everybody gets to be a "hero" and no one is ever hurt or unfair to poor Timmy. If you want a "fair fight" god knows there are plenty instanced "e-sport" shooters out there. If you want to be a "hero" and save the world then PvE is that way and you can mow down mobs to your heart's content.

This is true PvP. This is war. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    • Up x 4
  11. Nikushimi

That is because you are a grunt, not a "hero". Just because you expect instant gratification in a game does not mean you will (or should) receive it.

If everyone felt like a "hero" then the vary definition looses meaning, as it implies someone with well above average traits. If you want to feel like a hero then stick to single player games.
    • Up x 1
  12. Maljas23

If you want to be a hero, you first need to have the skill to be. Not everyone is qualified for that kind of job, ya know. Some people are just naturally not cut out for hero duty.
    • Up x 1
  13. EaglePhoenix

There's nothing to do, the game is dying, not enough players.

Game's got too many players, can't do anything.

I'd say, pick your fights more wisely.

I wanted to be the new Bill Gates of this Era - I'm not. Life sux, I want a respawn.
  14. Kunavi

The point which I agree with in the OP is dying way too randomly too fast and that sheer numbers(Population size and differences of course) are to blame. ZergRoll EVRITHEENG, profit.

EDIT :
    Nothing to do? Then it's a shallow game...
    Can't do nothing? Then it's badly balanced in many regards...

It's not the players' fault. Yet it's who will most often be accused around these parts, from technical issues to "Skill" to "Fun" to opinions. What a load of BS, IMHO.
    • Up x 2
  15. Kunavi

Should have said, sheer numbers and a handfull of very prominent and popular ways to InstaGib infantry.
  16. uhlan

Here we go again...

Look folks, the game has an identity crisis.

It wants to be "epic" in scale, yet it also wants to be a "skill" based, individual centric MLG sort of experience.

On the one hand we have a great big map, the capability to field large numbers of troops and the ability for everyone to participate at will in the combined arms aspect of the game.

On that big map, however, we have bases packed closely together that spawn all manner of vehicles and the capacity to infinitely rearm them. All nicely located along a very predictable flow-chart system.

So, what you get is the "battle-taxi" aspect of the game which causes siege-farm mentalities of the zerg-mind and the current crisis of game-play.

The big map is an illusion, the game still revolves around small maps and caters to small teams... or wants to. A "lobby" shooter in disguise.

Add the ridiculous loiter times of vehicles and the capability to lay siege almost forever, and, well, here we are.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ownasaurusrex

I always feel like a dam hero because planetside 2 is my cert gambling machine. Most people cry about how stupid instant action is due to how it shoots you into camped spawnrooms.

No sir:
    It's you pulling the slot machine of your choice with whatever loadout/armor/air you have and get some certs.
    It doesn't matter because in gambling you are always risking to win, there's always the risk of losing money and armor/air/c4/av nades.

Whatever you bring to the table to gamble.. You better be willing to sacrifice in order to win.

That makes planetside for me: goin Rambo and you win and make the movie sometimes or you merely get caught and tortured by the viets
    By the way I'm day drunk like a modafoka
    • Up x 1
  18. xboxerdude

I feel like a damn hero also , it is gambling (AA load out or AV, AI or AV etc) Close quarters or long range max or LA . But in the end running a platoon and 48+ fights both ways and finally wining can be a great feeling. Or holding down the point with a minute left and all of DA and AC just redployed and I got to hold the point with my max and a single engie. This game can be a lot of fun if your not having fun come roll with me sometime I 'll see if I can help change that!!!!
  19. LUCAGRABACR

Be a medic. You're a hero for everyone you revived.
    • Up x 9
  20. z1967

Grab a PA shotgun and even if you suck each OHK will make you feel awesome. Best done with suicidal LA bum rushes.
    • Up x 2