Horrible game !!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by x7xBillyDaKidx7x, Jul 13, 2014.

1. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Something has happened since last patch and game is getting really bad. For some reason im having to dump loads of bullets into enemies to kill them while getting hit with 2 or 3 bullets from opposition and dying. Dont know if NC weapons are just crap now or what, but something has got to give. I have tried every possible game and graphic setting to get now where near solving problems. My reaver gets shot down by VS light assault weapons 300 meters high. I shoot Scythe and Mossies with dual burster max with a ungodly amount of bullets and they just fly away. while i get hit with maybe 10 rounds in my reaver and die insatntly. I have spent to much time to give up on game but am nearing my breaking point of devoting any more time into dealing with poor game design or horrible server settings. I only play on Connery do some servers play better than others ?
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

aren't you the same guy that was complaining about the liberator patch?
  3. -Synapse-

Take a few minutes to calm down, then rethink your strategies. It can get frustrating to die over and over again, sometimes you start to see flaws where there are none. That said, if it really is the server's fault there's nothing you can do about it, besides switch to a server with better ping, which may or may not be possible depending on your location.
  4. Darkwulf

Its the lag problem with level3 hops. They are working on it.

Game runs like sh*t right now and has for the last week or longer.
    • Up x 6
  5. DK22

Shoulda joined TR.
  6. FateJH

That's because it's a Reaver.
    Deterrence working as intended.
    That's because it's a Reaver.
    • Up x 3
  7. EliteEskimo

Indeed, I literally can't even play any more as I regularly drop down into single digit FPS now. GG SOE
    • Up x 3
  8. DK22

then again;
    I love this game. go piss is somebody elses pool.
    • Up x 2
  9. Munr

Okay, all of you are wrong. The OP is correct. SOE is currently collecting data on Level3 server issues. There is a network issue that is being resolved. This is resulting in high ttk, low hit registration, excessive trade kills, and many other latency-borne issues. Just hold out and it will be fixed soon.
  10. Pikachu

I get 25fps in some big fights. :confused: I don't remember the game running that bad since early 2013. The OMFG effect almost seems to have disappeared.
    • Up x 3
  11. Udnknome

The conspiracy theorist in me believes it's the internet companies trying to make it seem like L3 is the problem. This has been going on since the FCC has been asking for the details of the interconnection deals.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/209301-fcc-to-probe-deals-between-internet-providers-websites

If you don't know what this is, the internet companies have been throttling content on the web to force the content providers to get "Direct Connections" to their service rather than going through the L3 net like everyone else. It was only a problem with Netflix until this news hit. Now I've started to notice it with other content.

I don't really have any proof of this, obviously this would be a huge anti-trust lawsuit if it could be proven. It's just weird that this game and a few of my I-Phone games started having problems all at the same time as this news being released.

-- I live in hawaii and have Time Warner Oceanic, it could also be because all the kids are out of school and taking all the prime time bandwidth off the island. This also occurred about the same time. I really hope it works itself out.
  12. ironeddie

If it's this problem with level 3 then you can't blame SOE. It's not directly their fault.
  13. Kunavi

I've only got a very slight or general idea of what all this means(Lv3 issue), haven't bothered to get educated on it. What it reads like to me, is that if the problem persists after all the Lv3 issues get sorted out, then people will once more go in denial when others come here to notify SOE that PS2 is still not running as it should.

For instance; I have no idea whether "Lv3"(Let's call it that for now) problems affect me or if that's the definite cause of my experiences being the same as the OPs. I only know that if this kind of performance in PS2 persists after dealing with "Lv3" people will go back to telling me it's my fault. SOMEHOW.

As for OMFG, it's like it never even happened. Hell, I still see so many floating rocks, trees, walls and buildings that I'm getting Alpha Test vibes. Absolutely matches the horrible performance and stupid Hit Detection.

If that's what an MMOFPS looks like in 2014 then I'll wait for the ones who'll come out in 2044 because we're(They're?) not ready for them yet, apparently, when the best argument in PS2's defense is "But it's MASSIVE!?". Of course it is. It's meant to be. What it's NOT meant to be, is MASSIVE but CRAP in more ways than I care to admit right now(Enjoying random CheeseFest too much, ML-7 and Barrage say HI, PAYBACK TIME). PS2 serves as the best kind of evidence that these 2 terms aren't mutually exclusive at all.

/Rant
    • Up x 1
  14. WyrdHarper

Noooo! I'll gun your Prowler and use prox chat to tell you where to move/aim! It couldn't possibly go horribly awry!
    • Up x 2
  15. EliteEskimo

Going from around 20 FPS to 10 or less is definitely on their end even if I am playing on low tec at the moment. Any lower than 17-20 FPS in a tank becomes unplayable. With SOE's recent changes I've been getting 12-8 FPS. I'll be getting a new PC during the summer most likely, but that sort of decrease doesn't just happen.

Yep, I went from the low 20's to single digits between now and then. I still get incredible FPS outside of battles, but inside battles it's pretty unplayable right now.
  16. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

I have been getting quite good fps but my hit detection is crap. I submitted my trace route hope it helps !! Just a question and i know it probably isnt the cause of problems but if there are so called hackers playing the game ,and they used hacks would that cause server problems for other players ?
  17. Codex561

That just made my day! :D
  18. ironeddie

Yeah but like I said if your performance drop is due to these latency issues caused by level 3 then it isn't soe's fault.

It isn't fair to blame soe for an issue with another company who's routers who the games data happens to pass through. That's all I'm saying. It might not be the devs frak up this time.
  19. p10k56

New free hacks come out after Hossin patch. Cos number of cheaters is fairly low:rolleyes: almost everybody destroy me now:confused:

Maybe you have similar problem?
  20. EliteEskimo

My Router is fine, it's not latency related it's patch related.