Cross faction verbal harassment

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mianera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Mianera

This has become a lot more common, more and more elitists show up and I guarantee that every ESF pilot has experienced this. Especially those that use cayotee.

The thing in question and the reason for me making this thread, is that I am unsure on how to approach this. But the amount of rage and insulting words I get from players whenever I kill or get killed is seriously beginning to annoy me.

So what are my options really? I mean, I know what the mentality behind such players is, even Wrel does mention this in one of his vids.

So... our options, whenever encountering this are:

- Ignore the raging player even though sometimes the /tell text continues even without giving any response

- Attempt a dialog with the COD kid letting out his rage which to my experience has proved pointless

- Take a screenshot and send it to support via a ticket

The thing is, neither of these three options seem as if they might improve the community... and down to basis, I believe that it is because of the cross faction chat. I know that the /yell is bad enough as it is, but you cannot even use it in order to call for help or put out a tactical decision verbally since the enemy will pick up on it right away.

I think my course of action from now on will be to screenshot and report every single player that comes up with this type of verbal garbage regardless of the channel. Dunno...

I believe that some of this would perhaps get better if the cross faction chat was disabled. Meaning, that people on a different faction than your own cannot /tell and you cannot hear their /yell either. But at the same time I fear that the verbal harassment would simply switch to the /yell channel then, fx: "OMG you n00bs why didn't you protect my sundy, I will kill you all"

I don't know guys, give me your thoughts.
  2. Divinorium

No.

Trash talk, to some extend, is part of the game play. It creates rivalry. What is good for the game.

In fact in every environment where 2 sides play against each other trash talk WILL happen. EG: In sports, where fans bash the opponent team, hell even in bussiness there's a trash talk, not direct, but you always say "I'm better then the others because of X and Y."

Give the PLAYER the option to completely ignore /yell. But removing it from the game is probably one of the ****tiest move SOE can do.
    • Up x 9
  3. Turkeys!

Come for the zergs stay for the yell chat. Hell naw!
    • Up x 1
  4. Canno

/ignore add <name>
    • Up x 1
  5. DrPapaPenguin

Peeving someone off to an extent that they send you rage tells is a measure of success. Savour their tears. Feast on their rage. And be sure to ask for seconds :D
    • Up x 11
  6. Brahma2

You mean... you don't like that sort of thing? What the hell game did you play before this, Hello Kitty Island Adventure?
    • Up x 4
  7. gunnner10

I think yelling out can help some players feel better, especially if they are like me and Die more often than get kills. It's an outlet for their frustration. I'll use it when my K/D is hovering around .2 :)
  8. Noktaj

The best time is when the occasional 14yo accuse you of cheating and reports you. How do you explain him that you have been playing FPSs since before he was even concieved? :D
    • Up x 6
  9. noidea

They've got a point though, rocket pods against infantry are just awful and piss off just about everyone.
    • Up x 4
  10. libbmaster

As furious as I get watching Vanu crack wise while my alt sits trapped in the spawn room, seeing "I'd like to take a moment to talk to you about Vanu" in /Yell gets a chuckle out of me.
    • Up x 1
  11. Prudentia

there is no Battleground more honourable than /yell
    If you complain about Trashtalking your Server just lacks the generell skilllevel to have appropiate Meta.
    • Up x 2
  12. Whatupwidat

I love when people rage!

Made a member of FRC rage at me for shooting down his farm vehicle with a Hawk GtA launcher a few weeks back - made my ******* night xD
  13. Noktaj

Aw... you should try to crash kill that BRover9000 ESF.
    You know, it actually requires skill to miss every shot while in your ESF and having to last-resort crash into them to make a kill.
    It really REALLY drives them mad.
    I had more verbal harrasment this way than in any other ghghghg :D
    • Up x 1
  14. -Synapse-

Just be really, really nice to the person in question. If you do it right they'll either feel like total scumboxes and apologize, or keep right on raging until they realize how stupid they sound.
    • Up x 2
  15. ironeddie

It's a fine line between friendly rivalry and banter to then become harassment.

My personal feeling is that if the person doesn't let it go and continues to make rude comments then it's harassment. In which case report it.

If it's just one or two rude but fairly light hearted comments then let it go.
  16. DK22

When its written in blood you know its serious, but it hurts my eyes, some devilsh magic at work here.
  17. Rikkit

Sometimes, when i get wreked by someone i ask them, if they have some tipps for me to improve my gameplay.
    Most of the time, i have learned something new.
    So next time when you get wrecked, stop raging, boot your brain, and ask your ennemy to help you.
    Even when you are playing in different teams, you both play the same game, and you have nothing to loose.
  18. DatVanuMan

*COUGH* Upperhand1. *COUGH* Tryhard 12 year-old Minecraft fans. *COUGH* MAXes who get shrekt by a LA without C4.
    What else? But seriously, Upperhand1 always does this whenever I kill him. Tells me that I am a dioot nobdoy (Talk about his spelling), and then goes quiet after that. It's pretty annoying, and this is the reason I despise competitive, serious, or tryhard gamers. They never have real fun, as they are too absorbed in the "tactical" or "MLG" (Largest example of false swaggery) aspect of certain games.
  19. Mianera

This! ^ That is what I am talking about. Especially on Woodman, I have just begun flying my ESF on my NC and the amount of trash you get is insane.

Seriously, every second pilot i kill will give me a /tell where he is either mega raging, spewing offensive garbage or coming up with ridiculous excuses as to why he just died.

The thing is, most commonly, it doesn't stop there. Yeah sure, you can laugh at that and lick their tears but that will just make them log a different faction or your own and continuously hunt you down with TK or whatnot trying ruin your gameplay.

Granted.... is fun when those try hards fail at that and you manage to kill even when they log the same faction character.... but it isn't as fun when they succeed. And some of these kids are seriously stubborn tossers and can spend up to an hour trying to ruin your gameplay.

I'm not talking about the actual competitive taunts in chat here, I am referring to those that seriously cross the line and the number of those that do is currently rising a lot.

Like Wrel mentions in his vid, there are those who play only to ruin the gameplay of others. You know? It's those ***** that annoy the hell out of me and I wish there was someway to get rid of them.
  20. SiosDashcR

Upperhand1.

That is all. Lel.