Medics still suck in several ways.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frostiken, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Frostiken

1) Heal grenades are ridiculously dumb. Are not and never will be better than revive grenades. Just get rid of them.

2) AOE heal is worth nothing XP-wise, will almost never pay for itself. The only reason I use it anymore is to heal myself in the spawn room. The shield is an XP cornucopia and isn't tied to energy levels or anything. Basically, AOE heal is worthless and needs to be massively buffed or replaced. Here's an idea - replace the AOE heal with a 'healing burst'. Functions like a heal grenade focused on the medic (but with upgradeable duration). Players who soak in the healing field can heal up to 125% of their health (extra health is slowly lost when they leave the area). Bam, suddenly it's a viable alternative to the shield. Healing burst is a one-shot-and-recharge.

3) Shield is too 'easy'. The buff it gives is pretty small (maybe a little too small if I'm being honest), but the problem is you can just slap down infinite numbers of them. You should only be allowed to drop one before having to get more via an inventory station or ammo pack, or just put the 'replacement' shield booster on a longer timer.

4) Heal gun sucks too. Healing is slower than killing someone and reviving them. Healing rarely rewards XP and rewards very little. Compare it to how much XP you get from repairing a MAX or a vehicle. Change the heal gun primary to a healing 'spray' that heals everyone in an area. This will make it much easier to heal the one guy in the middle of the crowd who needs healing.

5) Revive XP should be rewarded when the revive is completed, not when they accept.

6) Give medics something besides C4 to put in their utility slot. A concussion mine?
    • Up x 2
  2. Taemien

About the only two things I agree with.

Dunno what to do with healing grenades, but I seriously doubt they will remove them. For the Utility slot.. health packs. Throw them on the ground like Engies throw down ammo packs. Maybe if someone's spent certs on the grenades they can have these grandfathered in if they remove them.

The AOE heal, and healing gun are fine as they are. They work great when used at the same time. And to say that the revive is quicker is only looking at the progress bar. The only time the revive matches the healing speed is if the following conditions are met:

1. Dead player knows ahead of time they are about to be rezed.
    2. Dead player AND the Reviving Medic both have under 40ms pings.

Otherwise the second an a half it takes to heal someone is much faster. Yeah it takes 1 second to revive to full. But it takes a second or two for the dead player to see the notification and another second for the accept to go through the server. The one second rez time is so quick only to compensate for internet latency.

Healing one person at a time is a limitation of the healing gun which is the real reason it is slightly inferior to the rezing part of it. What I would do here is there is currently 6 ranks of the applicator. Make rank 2, 4, and 6 make it heal an additional target. Basically it chains off the original target. The second target gets 50% of the healing. Third gets 25%. And the fourth gets 12.5%. And if there is multiple medics, the healing guns do not stack. The most amount of healing you can get is being the primary target of a medic. (This would be a slight nerf to multiple medics healing the same target. But a substantial buff to single medics)
  3. Codex561

1 - Heal grenades? Never used them so I cannot comment... concept is situation though.
    2 - AOE heal stacks with nanoweave resistance letting you soak up bullets like nothing happened
    3 - its not a shield!
    4 - heal gun is awesome, insta res on max rank from behind cover
    5 - Hmm, I see this abused
    6 - Well I believe the shield regen thing should have been there but yeah...
  4. Yuukikun

Medic is the second best class after HA.
    • Up x 2
  5. Luminiouscow

Not the best class, it just has the most killing potential after ha's and maxes.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Actually the medic is the best(and most played) class

Followed by the engineer

Then the HA

then the Infiltrator and LA.

Then the MAX.
  7. Goden

I actually liked that they made the shield-regen tool something you can place indefinitely. It's something that you have to keep moving with your troops as you push forward so it would be pretty useless if you could only place one per resupply.
  8. Riku

Umm, I'm not with you on this one. Yeah, it would be a viable alternative. Probably because it's op. Especially when it also affects the medics themselves, they would become as durable as heavies. Just in a gunfight you press a button and go from low to 125% health, easily giving you enough time to win the fight. If anyone should be able to do that, then a heavy. And heavies already can do something like that.
  9. Alarox

The medic has the highest SPM, arguably the best weapons, and is the most important class overall. They hardly "suck".
    • Up x 5
  10. DevDevBooday

I think he is arguing that there are several things about the class that are stupid and dont make sense. Not that the class is terrible.

eg that rezzing someone is faster than healing. That is just so dumb.
    • Up x 2
  11. Kevin49704

Medics are pretty good right now but they def need tweaking. The heal grenades are def useless with current TTK, by the time you throw it and it goes off everyone is probably dead. They also def need something besides C-4 for utility and I think triage is still a complete waste of certs. They healing gun heal rates are fine but again with the TTK in the game your going to rezzing most of the time and I don't see how any change to the medic will change that. Overall yes they need to be glanced over but not anymore than any other class does.
  12. Alarox

That is probably true.
  13. Halon

Pretty much agree.

I think they could increase the time someone can get revived and also increase the time it takes to revive someone. It's too fast currently IMHO.

I think they should get prox mines instead of c4.
    • Up x 1
  14. zombielores

You are wrong sir, medic is the best class because I can Revive 40 people in less then 10 seconds, and that's just 1 Medic, I would like to see what other class can do that or kill those 40 people, and if those 40 people die, alright the next medic will just all Rex those 40 people again. The possibility of bring a whole army back from the dead is amazing and far more useful they you can accomplish with 1 heavy.
  15. Scorponok

well according to the forum warriors you are wrong sir, they have posted over and over in time that HA is the most OP and most used class ;)
  16. Divinorium

• Up x 1
  17. eldarfalcongravtank

agreed. i never see heal grenades because revive is always better right now. the healing grenade should remain for a much longer duration (2-3min) once deployed with a larger radius, but healing should be at a much slower rate

agree that aoe heal is only a "built-in restoration kit" for the medic right now. but i am not sure about your suggestion as the devs probably dont want a free-of-charge instant-heal mechanism (except for the medic kit which costs resources) in the game. that's also the reason the medigun heals slower than reviving to not out-dps incoming damage

disagree. if there was only one regen shield deployable before needing to resupply, there would be less incentive to take it over aoe heal. i think it is fine as it is

healing is slower probably to not allow medics to out-dps incoming damage which would be very troubling. that said, good medics with a little bit micromanagement can heal much faster when applying the medigun heal and activating aoe heal at the same time. but i agree that it hardly gives xp. then again, if it gave more xp, healing xp would probably be capped earlier in order to not allow stats padding

no. a revive is only a revive when that guy gets up from the ground

medics should never have gotten c4 in the first place. i use c4 to blow up maxes and tanks. i am a freaking medic for gods sake! they shouldnt have access to anti-vehicle explosives. instead, give them more support tools in the slot or more anti-infantry weaponry (multiple grenade launcher, shrapnel bomb, smoke launcher, gas grenade, incendiary grenade, acid grenade, etc)
  18. Frostiken

Something about it needs to change.

- Obscenely long recharge.
    - Very low potential for XP (everyone has to lose shields before they lose health. It's more likely someone taking enough damage to lose health will be outright killed. AOE healing does not help in either situation).
    - Requires a tremendous investment of certs to be viable.
    - Poor XP rewards in general.
    - Arguably minor impact on battle in part because everyone can carry restoration / med kits.

Next time you're at a big fight, do this: drop a shield beacon in the middle of a bunch of friendlies fighting, and watch.

1) You'll get a ton of constant XP from recharging shields.
    2) Most of the people recharging shields either have no, or very little damaged health.
    3) You'll see far more people dead than wounded.

Shield + Medgun is the best combination. The AOE heal is pointless. I can tell you firsthand that the revive function of my medgun gets about ten times as much use as the heal portion. I haven't missed the AOE heal since I got rid of it except for healing myself.
  19. Paradepartisan

Man you have to tell me how you manage to "soak up bullets like nothing happenend" with a hp regeneration of about 50 per sec against a dps of 1500 and more
  20. Canno

Just tossing this out there for rez grenades and heal grenades (ha ha, tossing this out there...) but what about removing heal grenades but having a certed up rez grenade that hangs around after thrown, healing people?

For example:

Level 1 - rez
    Level 2 - rez + 2sec heal
    Level 3 - rez + 4 sec heal, etc

Don't focus on the numbers, just the concept. :)

Also the healing portion of the grenade should be something the enemy can destroy. I'm a fan of things being destroyable. :)