European servers are getting merged

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Govedo13

I just checked the populations of the EU servers out of curiosity. Seems that are all almost equal populated so it does not matter much about who would be merged with whom. Playing the underpoped faction for so long I cannot care less really.

I noticed also that the new two EU servers should have populations similar to the current Emerald or almost double the current state.
    I hope that tactical small fights wont disappear.
  2. Acceleratio

Damn I really hope for server transfers after the merge would suck to have 2 alts of the same faction on one server -.-
  3. Riku

Umm no, normally it just means that the playerbase of one server gets moved to the other (database wise). The receiving server will still function like before while the other gets used elsewhere. Installing a third server in a different region just for a merge would have specific reasons, which I don't see here.
  4. Captain Kid

Already playing on emerald. Ping is the same anyway.
  5. Bonom Denej

Are we playing on the same Miller ? The TR are no longer the overpop faction here. It's pretty much balanced, with one faction being overpop one night and underpop the next one... When 6 months ago it was TR all day everyday zerging everything. Honestly, with Continent Lock, I really enjoy playing on Miller on two continents. If this server is merged, Continent Lock has to be limited to one continent locked until the Battle Island and continental lattice are introduced. Many players avoid 48+/48+ fights, including me.
  6. Hicksimus

Which will come first, 1 remaining PC server or the PS4 launch?
    • Up x 1
  7. Dotz0r

Point 1 is incorrect.
  8. Scorponok

on point 3. there wouldnt even have to be a fight, i can already tell you the winner so a fight would acually be VERY pointless if that was ever to come to life...Miller would win with ease, No way in heck woodman stands a chance hahaha...yea i play on woodman.There are damn good players there but they are few and scattered.miller is more consistant.
  9. Canno

Don't leave the naming up to a server smash, or at least not those guys.

They aren't good at the rules, they don't inform the participants properly, they can't work a stop watch and do math at roughly a grade potato level.

Just my feelings on it, though.
    • Up x 1
  10. Astriania

Merge smash is a bad idea because there's no way you can police the sides, and with something at stake there will always be shens.
  11. Scorponok

yea...might well just put the names in a hat and pull up a random name.only way woodman would have any chance in the fight would be if we sent people from VS as the faction to fight..otherwise we would be doomed..
  12. NinjaTurtle

This is indeed a problem. Towards the end of the last server smash there were fluctuating populations and this is due to a number of things. One of them being people jumping in who were not invited.

SOE need to lock the server and only unlock it to accounts that are registered for people taking part. I'm not sure how hard this would be to do. But if SOE want to be taken seriously as a competitive game they need to get the basic frame work down of making sure the sides are fair and people can't invade and troll
  13. Vikingo

The EU MergeSmashes will be on Jaeger server, only invited players will be able to play....
  14. Astriania

Yes, that should improve things a lot.
  15. Scorponok

yea on that i agree.It will give them some more control.
  16. omfgweeee

There is organised SS for this saturday between miller and woodman. It was organised before merge was announced. If everything went ok we can see which server is the stongest one, and the lost one will have some time to prepare for the real smash.
  17. Scorponok

i already know who will win.. wich is Miller!