Lockdown is useless.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hotbread, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Hotbread

Disclaimer: I'm refering to lockdown for TR MAXES, Notprowlers.
    I love the idea of lockdown, In theory.
    In actuality, locking yourself down as a max to one area gets you hit with rockets instantly.
    Which is an instant kill.
    NC max gets a giant shield, great ability very useful.
    VS max gets to move around and fire faster while taking more damage, it's a niche ability but useful.
    TR max gets to sacrifice it's only defense against C4 and rockets for a higher fire rate, which would be useful if 50% of players weren't heavies, and the other half didn't have C4.

I think lockdown should give you some sort of explosive shield, so you can actually lock down when there are enemies around.
    Does anyone agree with me?
    • Up x 10
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

I can move faster with charge and also take 0 extra damage. ZOE is NOT useful. Lockdown and ZOE are both bad they need to be reworked.
    • Up x 4
  3. PKfire

If only everyone could have access to something as universally powerful as shields, be it a MAX or tank.
  4. Hotbread

But you don't fire faster. I said it was a niche, the niche is when you happen upon a group of enemies that don't see you.
    kinda like NC shield is for a group of enemies who DO see you.
  5. LIKE A BOSS!

You don't fire faster with current ZOE either. It increases bullet damage. BUT the damage increase with ZOE is so small that it still takes the same amount of bullets to kill.
    • Up x 3
  6. Ranik

Yes lockdown is useless for both the Max and Prowler. It's a deathtrap for a Max. There are few possible situations where a Max standing still is a good idea in a game where everyone can carry dumbfire rocket launchers or C4. It's insanity. And it's been nerfed for the Prowler to the point that it's only useful for farming infantry.

Meanwhile the Magrider has a crappy ability / Decent tank / Outright best if not OP secondaries.

And the Vanguard has the best ability / Decent tank / one out of two good secondaries.

Apparently for the ability to potentially one shot infantry more successfully, the devs have decided to leave the Prowler a ******* mess otherwise.
    • Up x 6
  7. IrishPride

Let's be real ALL MAXES specials suck *** i hate them i like my lockdown better than the rest NC dont take advantage when i sue the shield drawing fire towards me a lot of the time and ZOE.. its just expensive and the cooldown aint worth it so.. Lockdown yeah you just gotta be quick and pick GOOD locations to hole up in and bring Flak armor with you it can help EDIT and when used right with onslaughts or HEG pounders catching an enemy MAX off gaurd is a MAX killer in less than 2 seconds
  8. RHINO_Mk.II

Wow so useful, I love rolling the dice and dying because my shots do no damage one time in ten.
  9. Plunutsud pls

It's a suicide ability, nobody uses it.
    • Up x 2
  10. CptSundancer

I actually use lockdown on most of my builds. It's a wonderful feeling, turning on lockdown and throwing a wall of lead through a door way. That or locking down and lobbing pounder rounds at some tanks below.

Lockdown is not a "turn on and am imperviouzzzz!!!". Lockdown is a "I have a good angle, bullet hoses of hurt away!". You won't stay locked down very long if you're using it right.

I am a TR, and I like lockdown.
  11. Jalek

The shield is useful? I use charge, at least I can close distances where the AI weapons might do something.
  12. Brahma2

The only Max thing that looks useful is the NC one. What's the point of the others?
  13. FieldMarshall

I have lockdown maxed out. Not sure if i should be ashamed.
    I really wish locking down was 50% slower, but "un-locking" was instant.

What kills me the most is not being able to move when things that can easily kill me show up.
    Threats who poke around the corner/cover see im there, move back behind cover and takes me out before i can move away.
    Libs/tanks/esfs suddenly appearing.
    C4 rushers.

I also like that you can shoot while un-anchoring. Though:
    You like shooting at that RL primary poking around the corner while un-anchoring to get away?
    Here let me just move your aim everywhere but the center of the screen for you...
  14. TriumphantJelly

Bad, but better than ZOE.
  15. Mianera

lol what? Are you serious???

Please don't take away from awesome lockdown :( It makes me rip vehicles and aircraft apart on my MAX!!!!
    • Up x 1
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

i can say the same about NC Phoenix - at almost useless in the field, because you will stand still, but once you will fint the place where you can use it - you will not regret:)
    Same with lockdown - once you will find the way to use it..
  17. PastalavistaBB

Lockdown is awesome in the few situations where you can use it. Except that, it's certain death. Use it with Bursters, Fractures or Pounders from an elevated position in partial cover. And have and engi and medic ready. It's not something you can use solo. It's good for teamplay. If you know how and when to use it correctly, you can melt armor and air so quickly, you'll be surprised.
  18. DatVanuMan

How about this: TR get boots that make them faster, possibly 20-25% faster. Accuracy is greatly reduced, by 30-40%, while moving. ZOE still makes you take more damage in early stages, but instead of making your weapons deal more damage, it makes them 100% more accurate. Also, the speed bonus is reduced, and so is the timer. ZOE was golden before it was nerfed to the damned ground, so in the last certification rank, it is toggable again, and your weapons experience NO damage drop off at all, but your MAX costs 500 resources. Plus, I noticed that MAXes sprint as quickly as normal infantry. NO! I do not want this, everyone does not want this. Make the MAX slower than infantry in all fields of movement. When a MAX sprints, it is as fast a walking infantry unit.
  19. DatVanuMan

ZOE is to reveal your location while receiving more damage, while the TR one is to lock a horribly chosen area down.
  20. Yaesu

Pretty much the same for engineer turrets to. You're lucky to get 3 shots off before everyone and their mother is firing at you. Stationary/lock down is almost an automatic death sentence.