[Suggestion] Outfit Ranking System In-Game Needs More Ranks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by XxCaLiPsOxX, Jul 10, 2014.

1. XxCaLiPsOxX

Dear Developers of Planetside 2,

I didn't wish to create a thread to complain about this subject because I knew you guys were working on an outfit update which in my mind would give us more ranks including the new recruitment feature.

At the moment I run an outfit on Connery called [AFX] AfTeRsHoX for the TR, a good community of well over 500+ players.

As an outfit leader with over 500+ players having only 5 ranks to edit with as a maximum is very difficult to work with.

Following Ranks that you gain when you create an outfit are as followed:

Leader - The Leader Title is Locked meaning its meant for a few amount of people 1-10 people.
    So basically 4 Titles is all I can really edit and give to other players...

Officer
    Private
    Recruit

With over 500 plus members I cannot give people a chance to improve themselves with only 4 ranks in game... instead I had to give them ranks on our website and on our TeamSpeak which doesn't really show their efforts in game because I cannot add the rank in game because I have over 10 Ranks on our website.

With this new outfit feature it has caused me more work and more pain as a leader because members who wish to join now gain the "recruit" title and they are offline when I accepted them into the outfit.

Now I have to write their names down and look at that list of names who joined via in-game outfit app to greet them into [AFX] and help them understand how to dive deeper into our community.

Its turned into a job when all I really am asking for is simply 10 more ranks or 20 or just let us add as many ranks as we need... It shouldn't take long to add more ranks except for thinking of the image for each new rank needed.

From my point of view, this is a very small feature that should have been implemented along time ago. I have called SOE many time to voice my complaints about this game’s features that would help many outfit leaders dramatically. SOE’s phone support told me to post a forum topic here to shed some light on this topic.

Thank you and I hope I can get a response.

• Up x 21
  2. Pianager

I couldn't agree more, outfits that want to get more out of the game absolutely need this. Say an outfit wants to do a scrim team for PAL, but they want to have a public platoon for less competitive members, and they want a rank for people who do training. On top of that you need the Leader rank to show who is the head or heads of the outfit.

For all of those things, that would require 10+ ranks. The scrim team needs dedicated medics, heavies, light assaults, etc. The public platoons need a Recruit for someone who just joined the outfit and say a Veteran for someone who has been in the outfit a while. Then there is the flight trainer, the infantry trainer and so on.

With only 5 ranks to work with, it makes it much harder for outfits that want to make more out of the game to stay organized.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ladine

I agree 100% , We need more ranks . It would make managing outfits easier and it would benefit competitive outfits so they could structure their outfits better !
  4. DakRu

This is another limited aspect of the outfit management that should be updated right away. I'm not sure how much work is required to do this update but IMHO this is a very minor but beneficial update for any outfit. Once you get your outfit in the hundreds then grouping players can be tricky with only 5 ranks especially with one of the ranks typically reserved for outfit leaders who will be assigned to a limited few. So basically most outfits are working with 4 ranks and not even 5.

I am hoping that SOE can look into this matter and put this feature in the roadmap. Having just 3-5 additional ranks is huge when it comes to outfit management.
    • Up x 1
  5. Creamer142

I completely agree that outfits in this game should have more ranks available to them for use. It could help create better distinctions between the competitive and non-competitive aspects of the outfit, and it will be useful in allowing players to be better able to track their individual progressions up through the ranks of their outfit, as opposed to having only 5 ranks which usually end up being expanded to include numerous statuses in the outfit that could be better represented by their own individual ranks. This can sometimes lead to confusion and sometimes limits the ability of higher-ranking outfit members to exercise certain rights and responsibilities that their rank should allow in-game.

I hope that SOE will consider this request and add it onto the roadmap. It will be a welcome addition that I feel many outfits will greatly appreciate and take advantage of.
  6. Majorpaynekills

I agree as well with everyone in this thread. Adding more ranks would help out each and every outfit in planetside give the outfit members a rank they deserve. Now that the new outfit recruitment has a section of what the outfit specializes in adding more ranks could benefit that feature a lot more.

For Example:
    An outfit specializes in armour. Some people could like each ground vehicle better and have certed into it alot more. So outfit leaders can have a Prowler Special, Lightning Special, Harrasser Special, and Flash. Now your thinking thats four ranks YES. But what about the Combined arms Outfits. The outfits that Do Air, Infantry, and ground. Those outfits cant give there outfit members the rank of their Specialty. Some of those members can specialize in a certain infantry class. While others can specialize in an aircraft or ground vehicle. This feature can also help outfit leaders form plans in battle knowing that certain people specialize in certain things so they can ask those people to do what they do best to help change the battle in our favour.

All in all Outfit leaders need to be able to give out alot more ranks then just 5
  7. Experiment 626

I agree. Especially since this could majorly improve organization of members within the outfit.
  8. KevinP

O great Higby please give us more ranks in outfit.
  9. JimWrath

The lack of ranks is an unnecessary pain to outfit planning. CHANGE THIS DEVS! NEED MORE RANKS PLEASE!
    • Up x 1
  10. Reverse Burgler

Very well spoken xxcalypsoxx! As a member of AFX I can vouch for xxcalypsoxx. the small amount of ranks has detracted from the leadership's time that could have been spent having fun playing the game. the limited in-game ranks cripples the flexibility of outfits and clan whether it be a competitive or casual minded one.
  11. Fireyleprechaun

Just get it done goddammit!!!
  12. HowlingTiger

baby please do this for me :)
  13. Shaogi

This is a great petition for more ranks and I hope they approve it. A wonderful idea, simple to make happen and it carries so many benefits. To the Staff of Planet Side 2, thank you for taking this petition into consideration and I hope you approve it.
  14. RCgaming03

This is a brilliant idea! I fully support and back this idea.
    • Up x 1
  15. Shaken_U

16. GeorgeCadman

Sounds like a simple feature lets go SOE
    • Up x 1
  17. Sparvico

Hello there, good idea please to implement.
  18. F3arFluffyPANDAs

I agree with this fully... this would seem to be rather easy to accomplice and give the players a little more immersion into the group or outfit.
  19. RedolentBastard

There are so few tools available currently for outfit leaders, now that they are starting to add more this would be a simple one to do that improves QOL immeasurably.

It helps large outfits yes, but even small competitive outfits can benefit. You could now label people on your PAL team as separate from your CommClash team. Or give ranks to people who are trainers for specific styles. The possibilities are endless, and there is no downside for anyone. Implementation is a no brainer.
  20. BobSanders123

This should have been in the game on launch day. Lets see how long it takes them to put this in. Aside from the fact it has taken almost two years for them to make the game balanced. To some degree.