scope sights should they be invisible when cloaked?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ironeddie, Jul 11, 2014.

1. ironeddie

So this is CuteBeavers fault since one line from her got me thinking.

"the HS-NV scope because gives you an overlay that doesn't disappear when cloaked"

I never use the HS/HV scope so I didn't know this. Tried it and life is a lot easier if you can be cloaked with your sights clearly visible. Makes lining up the shot that much easier.

So are then any other scopes that like HS/NV have cross hairs that stay visibe when cloaked.
    And should all scopes be like this. Or does it make it to easy for infiltrators, or to hard for other players? Since this will reduce the amount of time I have to remain uncloaked.
  2. Scudmungus

x12 Scope also remains visible while cloak is active.

Very useful, even on the RAMS during the closer range engagements.
  3. MrMackey

no. they shouldn't. but they do. take the stock pistol. cant put an optic on it. what happens when you pull up your sights while cloaked with that.. they are only slightly visible as you are only slightly visible
  4. ironeddie

So is there any reason some do some don't? Seems like an odd inconsistency.
  5. Arkenbrien

To me, everything except the crosshairs should be invisible, a la Crysis.
    • Up x 1
  6. Codex561

The sights you put in front of your face are invisible, sights you put ON your face are.
  7. TraatAdmiral

All *scopes*, which put an overlay across the screen and include HSNV and all 6x+ scopes, are visible while cloaked, because the overlay is the same regardless of what the player looks like. All *sights*, which are what you have when you're looking at the physical model of your gun, cloak when you do. When you're in first person, my understanding is that you're looking at the actual model of the gun your player character is holding. When that becomes invisible when you cloak, you see it happening, and as a result you can't see your sight anymore. It makes total logical sense, but it *is* annoying, and should be pretty trivial to fix-just make the crosshairs bit not cloak. The chance of someone spotting you because they noticed the laser sight in your gun is miniscule compared to the chance of them seeing the very obvious cloak distortion, so it shouldn't have any other effects, and it would solve this problem completely. I estimate the chance of this being changed to be approximately one in twenty. However, I have found in most situations that you can still aim well enough for most combat; you just lack the precision to make nice shots with low-zoom BASRs. You can fix that by putting a piece of tape on the middle of your screen and drawing crosshairs on it, should you so desire.
    • Up x 1
  8. Arkenbrien

To me, everything except the crosshairs should be invisible, a la Crysis.
  9. MrMackey

i dare you to take a rifle with a scope and put it on your eye.