to Lash or not to Lash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Plunutsud pls, Jul 9, 2014.

1. libbmaster

U r doing it right son.
    • Up x 6
  2. Plunutsud pls

YOLO! (but not with rebirth tech ofc lel)
    • Up x 2
  3. maudibe

the number one reason not to use a mana turret is that it is too easy for snipers or RLs to take you out. Its easy certs and once you set up again your dead again. You can take cover as a lasher user move and re engage from a different spot even in heavy fire and with a shield your life expectancy is better than an engi with turret. Turrets are great when you team has the pop advantage and you can safely set up and use it to control a doorway at a bio lab or some situation where a sniper cant set up to get you. They are also great because they are free and everyone can use it. Often too few use them to control areas that if used by 2 or 3 guys woould totally control an area.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vixxing

For a piss-poor mana user maybee... i know how to tilt shield to be immune to both snipers and rockets... i could provide a video but then it would be nerfed... better low skill knobs like u stand ignorant...
  5. DatVanuMan

The Lasher is the weapon I do best with. I only have 700 something kills to go till Auraxium. Whenever you see an enemy entering cover 7 meters away from you, all you could do is say,"Batch, you ARE NOT safe!>:)", and just splash him to death. I mean, I understand that the velocity is low, as it is just a large orb of plasma. The RoF is good where it stands, it's the recoil, accuracy, and damage that could use slight buffs. The recoil the Lasher has is slightly high for such low RoF. It should have no recoil at all. That would be nice. The accuracy is good, but if the Lasher's projectiles would only travel in a straight line, that would be quite useful for slightly longer ranges. As for the damage, the Lasher has 155 direct hit damage, plus 75 splash damage. If the splash could be upped from 75 to 112, this weapon would not only become a useful suppression tool, it would FEEL, and ACT, like a scare weapon, considering that the splash would deal slightly good damage, coupled with the direct punch of an orb. Then you know this baby is NOT to be messed with. That is, for the people you aim this jewel of a weapon at:D
    Overall, buy it. If you know how to suppress your enemies, and you like disco parties a lot, then sure, why not? Just buy it with certs, nothing is worth money in this game. Except for Giraffe Camo, that crap is amazing as hell:eek:
  6. DatVanuMan

7. lNeBl

I love the corvus! :D
  8. Goretzu

Maybe, but that would largely suggest sniper rifles need to be nerfed rather than that the Lasher needs to be buffed! :eek:

(although personally I've not been headshot by a sniper rifle in a long long time and the last time was likely when I was forced to go AFK without being able to find cover - simply because I never [ever] stop moving).
  9. Vikarius

I think the lasher should have a secondary firing mode that condenses a bunch of orbs into one (fire one big orb but uses like 25% ammo from mag per shot), maybe even need to be charged..... but does maybe 3x the damage of a single orb but @ like 10x the splash radius ( numbers are a generalization)
  10. Vixxing

or... because i mainly play Vanu... :p
  11. sindz

Yes :) A select few like it. Don't get me wrong, it can work just fine, but its just pointless. The NS11-A and even CME is far better and does everything better. The problem with the corvus is its horrible long TTK, actually the longest of all the guns in the game - That should say enough. It needs a few tweaks to be viable, EG more ROF.
  12. lawn gnome

yup snipers kill. BUT if i am aware of you then i can fire 4 or 5 shots and as they are slowly drifting towards you blocking your vision, i get to advance on your position. somehow i doubt you will be able to block your preservation instinct and just take those shots that can be easily dodged and if you did, you would be the first sniper i have ever seen to do so. even if you do stand your ground and drop me any friendlies around will watch as my shots direct them to your precise position and you will be fired upon by every weapon imaginable and LAs / infiltrators will likely advance up to whatever hole you are farming from and end you. yes you can survive my shots fairly easily, but can you survive the shots of the entire vanu army? because that is what almost always follows behind my impotent lasher rounds. can your sniper rifle do that?

you hill snipers are also generally wastes of space simply farming kills up in the hills and doing almost nothing to actually help the team advance.
    • Up x 1
  13. lawn gnome

last i checked the turret only turned so far in any direction. so yes you can defend from the front, but if anyone is anywhere within the 180 degrees behind, if they are above you slightly, if they shoot you while you are doing your little dance to plant the turret, or if they shoot you because you can't plant the turret because you are not on entirely flat ground, you are done. the lasher has none of those issues.
  14. Bixli

..as mentioned above from some users of the lasher , all i just type is : ...lasher ftw , IF you know how to.

lasher's formula : like it = use it.
    • Up x 1
  15. SanPelicano

I was not speaking about how Orion or SVA-88 ( which is one of the most overestimated LMG ) is better than Lasher in certain situation, because they are incomparable with each other.. As if you wanted to compare Jackhammer to EM1 (which, as I think, is far better CC weapon than JH) .
    I only said that, It can be useful in CC and it is fun even in solo.

Actually, I have also all 3 Heavy weapons and the most trollish, funniest killstreaks i've ever done were made with my Lasher....
  16. Vixxing

I am NOT a hillsniper i CqC with Parallax + Commi... more likely scenario: i am cloaked you "supress" someone... *BLAM* headshot... you are dead... medic runs up *BLAM* dead, some other random gets a body hit and ppl take cover... hence "supressed"...

I dropped 5 ppl in 5 shots at times (more average is i drop 3 targets per breath/reload...)
  17. Ronin Oni

YOLF! (You Only Live Forever)
    • Up x 1
  18. lawn gnome

your type are actually the best because guess how much my lasher cares about your cloak. when i am using my lasher i actually kinda feel bad for the CQC snipers, because the blast radius and extended fire duration means you just don't get to cloak. i don't even need to see you, if i have even a vague direction your cloak is entirely useless. the lasher just doesn't care. my lasher is by far my weapon of choice for hunting cloakers (just hold down the trigger and look for the hit marker).

and you sure seem to expect a lot of head shots out of yourself. maybe all the people you deal with just stand still that much.
  19. Crayv

I remember using the Lasher at that very base once. A bunch of TR were trying to pour into the main courtyard area from the building you see at the beginning of the video. I was standing a ways back and just constantly firing the Lashing into the doorway. Every time this one MAX would come out of cover and standing in the doorway he would hurt the people standing next to him (like the engie repairing him) due to the Lasher's splash damage and I was standing far enough away to where he was no real threat to me.

A good place to use it is in tower fights where a bunch of enemies are trying to come up the stairs in the bottom room. Standing on the balcony that overlooks the doorway to those stairs (the one right near the bottom spawn room entrance/exit) and firing down into stairs does wonders.

It is a highly situational weapon but it does the job for that situation better than any other infantry weapon in the game.
  20. Vixxing

Like i would been seen so u even had a clue where i am at? And indeed i do expect alot of headshots after more than 3100 kills with BASR where more than 2300 is headshots...