[Suggestion] Shouldn't EMP Grenades Disable HA Overshields?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShortRovnd, Jul 10, 2014.

1. OldCuban

No.....No....and HELL NO!

Adding that emp ability will totally eliminate the heavy's abilities. Why would anyone EVER play one again?

You gotta love Whinerside.

I'm guessing the OP and his associates were getting farmed by heavies, and instead of coming up with a team oriented counter, they come onto these forums to ***** and whine.

/facepalm

Whinerside strikes again!
    • Up x 2
  2. Sigmundr Rumare

I agree, it's inconsistent that emps only drain infiltrators' ability and no other class's. It should be the go-to support grenade for infils while currently it is...lack luster.

Edit: The logic behind the EMP is that is disables all powered abilities/devices. This would logically extend to all class abilities and devices. I'd even say it should remove ammo packs, since they are powered mobile nanite producers.
    • Up x 1
  3. Vikarius

Its actually exponentially more probable that you mainly play HA and are so dependent on that overpowered crutch shield.
    Its the same as the HA primary players that go ballistic like its the end of days whenever someone suggests something along the lines of reducing RL damage against infantry, making RLs cost resources, or making RLs use primary slot. All about dem crutches.

Of course, this is furthermore reiterated by the fact that your posting is so emotional, and you can't construct even an inkling of a argument as to why EMP (a tool that costs resources) shouldn't effect HA shields.
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

Nope, OldCuban is right.

People who can't find a way to win within the parameters of the game come to the forums and whine to try to get the parameters changed. The OP is a pretty common example.

He's under no obligation to provide an argument. You joined the game, you play within it's parameters. If you want them changed then the burden of proving a change is necessary is on you. In this case you're asking for a nerf so you'll need to convince those getting a nerf that it should happen. I'm not blown away by "just because" arguments thusfar.
    • Up x 1
  5. MrLayZboy

Actually I'd rather have all grenades be used by everyone, with the exception of the revive grenade.
    • Up x 1
  6. Shatara

Fun fact: TTK in this game, adjusted for latency, is faster than typical human reaction time. If they get their shield up, you didn't get the jump on them.

Yeah, we'd have to use TEAMWORK, and COORDINATION! We can't have any of that in this team-based game!
  7. Vikarius

Nice logical fallacies.... that will certainly get you somewhere...lol

Fun Fact: That "on paper" TTK is all headshots and 100% accuracy. So it is actually quite the opposite. It is very easy to have time to turn your shield on as an HA, turn around and melt an opponent who gets the drop on you.

Problem is the answer from HA primary players is "get a team", when in reality it is just a passive aggressive response you'd expect from a teenager, yea a team should be required to kill 1...
  8. libbmaster

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. Casterbridge

Gotta agree the guys who kick in the door first should get the conc grenades, I mean that only makes sense.

Not arguing against EMP buffs, or even flash bang buffs if they are needed, just saying a Conc grenade really does seem like HA thing.

Also question does the EMP grenade shutdown an HA shield if it's active or are they totally immune to it?
    • Up x 3
  10. OldCuban

Hey Vikarius!

First off, do some simple research before making a claim that, " Its actually exponentially more probable that you mainly play HA and are so dependent on that overpowered crutch shield ".

Let me make it easy for you: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010618035073633/stats

I did in fact give you the only reason that should matter as to why this should not happen. Let me repeat it for you since you obviously ignored it. Giving EMP nades the ability to nerf a HA's sole ability would make that class significantly less attractive to play.

As for my post being emotional, of course it is! This game is being ruined due to all the whiners that instead of LTP, they resort to coming onto these forums and crying about every single little thing. I care about PS2 and want to see it flourish.
    • Up x 2
  11. JibbaJabba

Oh lookout folks! We've got Dr. Spock here!

Tell you what, Vulcan. I'll take my original post and break it into individual statements. You can then come and put a little arrow "<<" next to my logical fallacy then explain *which* logical fallacy it is and why.

Here you go.....

Nope, OldCuban is right.
    People who can't find a way to win within the parameters of the game come to the forums and whine to try to get the parameters changed.

The OP is a pretty common example.
    He's under no obligation to provide an argument.

You joined the game, you play within it's parameters.
    If you want them changed then the burden of proving a change is necessary is on you.
    In this case you're asking for a nerf so you'll need to convince those getting a nerf that it should happen.
    I'm not blown away by "just because" arguments thusfar
    • Up x 2
  12. Saviorself

Remove conc nades from HA?

Who will deal with the maxes? Who will storm the rooms?

This is why you don't listen to whiners, they refuse to master the game, and demand that the game be changed to suit them.

You quoted the wrong guy mate, you are quoting Vikarius not my lil TR toon haha.
    • Up x 1
  13. NC supporter

This would be smart but would SOE be willing to dedicate time and resources though?
  14. Vikarius

Already looked at your char sheets, they prove my point. Engineer most played well thats anyone who uses vehicles, big deal. As for infantry on infantry fights... obviously heavily weighted towards HA, I even have your post history from other threads to back me up on this.

That is a reason, but a very poor one. "HA having an overpowered shield makes other classes very unattractive to play" would go a good one.

If HA is overtuned, obviously whatever is done to balance them is going to have to make them less attractive to play at the same time.

There needs to be more equality. If EMP effects one classes ability, it needs to effect them all.. If one class is the only class that has hard counters to it's class ability (inf cloak) then that class ability should be the only one that is deemed overpowered without considering the counters that exist...(which in game it is currently not the case)

Again, ending a post with a logical fallacy... not gonna get you anywhere

Im not gonna waste my time and lecture you on which parts are each fallacy. You have access to figure it out. Every single part except the first and last line are ALL logical fallacies. If you are incapable of providing a real argument and not just fallacies, I am going to just assume you are trolling and report it as such

Interesting because ...playing since beta I rarely see an HA breach a room with conc nades. Clearly not needed, and I dont need them when playing HA to successfully breach a room either.

MAXes? Playing MAX I can't even remember the time I was hit with a conc nade. You have RLs and more mobility as an HA, use them.

Again, ending a post in a fallacy....lol... is there some kind of competition between you 3?
  15. NC supporter

Vikarius ending your post in that type of statement will get you banned off the forums. You know that right?
  16. Saviorself

Disagreeing with him = logical fallacy lol

Let him spin in his hamster wheel.
  17. lawn gnome

i was under the impression that EMP suppressed ALL activated infantry special abilities like cloak and over shield. i rarely get hit by EMP so i don't know for sure what happens ATM.
  18. Udnknome

At most it's 5x5 (feet, not meters). I don't' remember a time when EMP was this powerful.
  19. ShortRovnd

You guessed wrong. I have no associates in this thread, I'm not getting farmed by anything (look at my players page) and I play Heavy Assault (81 hours) far more than Infiltrator (31 hours).
  20. cruczi

Dr. Spock ...?