Why do NC get the GD-7F?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Goden

And that matters how, exactly?

The simple fact is the GD-7F is the exact opposite of what is supposed to be the NC faction trait.
  2. hawken is better

What gets on my nerves is the fact that the GD-7F is more accurate (by virtue of having less horizontal recoil) than the Cycler TRV, despite the fact that the TRV is an assault rifle.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bape

Still doesn't answer my question. VS is faster reload and no bullet drop why do they have a TR trait? So you may complain about the NC having that gun then that means you are also complaining about VS having that trait. If NC is high dmg and low rof why do TR have a 187 dmg gun and NC don't? Why do all faction have shotguns? oh what it isn't a NC empire specific weapon? Why do they have shotgun on almost everything then?

The reason why NC get high RoF weapon is because TR/VS have shotguns plain and simple. If nc don't have a high RoF gun what stopping them from complaining that TR/VS having shotguns. Why would NC stop there? They would probably demand an entire overhaul if they don't plan on removing shotguns from TR/VS.

Not that I care if they remove the GD-7F that would just give a lot of NC juice to nerf everything that considered "NC" on the other faction. To be honest I would agree with you I want them to remove GD-7F and I then I want them to remove all 167 dmg guns from the TR/VS. Same thing for TR/VS I want each faction to feel VERY different.
    • Up x 6
  4. Vikingo

Truth is that it dates back to the times of flinch and the advantage rof had over dmg per shot. There are plenty of NC who would like a GD-7F rework into someting more NC, but I guess there are more who would like to keep it as it is.

This has been brought up many times but I guess SOE isnt too keen on going back and reworking old NC weapons.
  5. Plunutsud pls

Wow and I thought the Serpent's accuracy was bad enough :eek:
  6. FieldMarshall

Higby plays NC. Just sayin.
    • Up x 2
  7. Udnknome

Higby plays TR.... the NC thing is just a PR stunt... In PS1 he played VS, until he started working on PS2... then he played NC in PS1.

Jussay'n.
  8. FieldMarshall

:eek:
  9. minhalexus

I would not object if they made it into a 167@664.
    Or made it a VX6 clone the 143@800.

Hell, I wouldn't really object if they removed all NC SMGs, and 143 (or less) damage guns, for nothing at all, as long as they remove all shotguns from the other 2 factions.

But ^ would not be a great idea in a game where you wanna make money.
  10. DorianOmega

lol @ this whine thread, the Serpant VE92 and VX6-7 are the close range carbines for the VS like the way the GD-7f alone is for the NC with one offering more accuracy over the other for the sake of 45 rounds per minute less.... you guys actually get more options they we have...

Also there is this thing called BALANCE that you apparently want thrown out for the sake of stupid empire traits that are already VERY evident in the disparity of guns that exist ( TR get access to 800+ RPM guns on every class, VS has the fastest reload and no bullet drop with DPS identical to TR... NC gets stupid 200 bullet damage guns with the slowest RoF that deal less DPS then both other empire trait weapons...) REMEMBER, your guns have no bullet drop and the FASTEST reload with pretty much identical damage as the TR , the GD-7f is only superior to the serpent in its bullet velocity department yet matches the same DPS and is less accurate and takes longer to reload, stop complaining about the GD-7f, one of the NC's ONLY competitive weapons that inst a shotgun or smg...
  11. DorianOmega

no to both of these.... both of these are straight nerfs... if you wanted to change the gun into a 167 damage model then the fire rate would have to be 724 to have the same DPS as it currently has now...
  12. DorianOmega

VS users complain about other empire's stuff more so then ANY OTHER EMPIRE on this forum. VS want to try and get that unfair balance advantage back they had pre ZOE nerf....
  13. Goden

Higby also takes to Twitter to say things like the VS doesn't get deserved nerfs due to being whiners.

It's more than just a PR thing. The bias is evident verbally and in how he handles balance.
  14. TopVanuTroll

Because the vx6-7 is more widely used than the serpent and the serpent is a clone of the gd7f, then I would be reasonable to assume that a clone of the vx6-7 would be better than the gd7f
  15. Shadoiex

Woah, woah. Vanu wants my AC-X11?! Take it off my corpse, fanatic.
  16. DorianOmega

no stats or data... plus how exactly would that be a good thing?

Your reasoning is
    "Other empires use another gun more so then we use on avereage that represents ANOTHER gun we have, so we need to bring that gun more in line what we already use more often." ????? this logic is sooo flawed.

terrible grounds to even consider a nerf a to the GD-7f.....
  17. Goretzu

Why because high RoF did and does vastly favour CQB weapons (the same reason the VS got the same RoF Carbine).

Since flinch was changed it isn't as bad as it use to be but still it is an advantage.

Of course they could change it from a 143/845 to a 167/720! :eek:
  18. Goretzu

The Railjack has bulletdrop, more importantly it only becomes better sniperifle than the Longshot at 400m (can you see the problem there or do I need to point it out?), below that range the Longshot is just plain superior.
  19. TopVanuTroll

Let me rephrase it so your brain can wrap around it.

Serpent = GD7F. They have pretty much identical stats... except for reload. So, besides the slightest recoil differences, actually Serpent > GD7F.

Most people agree that the VX6-7 is a better gun than the Serpent.

Therefore, if we make a clone of the VX6-7, then it would be better than the current GD7F.

Now, whether or not you think the Serpent is better than the VX6-7 is your opinion, but from what I can see, the VX6-7 is the far more popular choice.

"Other empires use another gun more so then we use on avereage that represents ANOTHER gun we have, so we need to bring that gun more in line what we already use more often."

Don't know how you pulled that out of my post...
  20. Iridar51

It isn't.