Jealousy...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by omfgweeee, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Atis

When I was in Trident outfit, saw teammates TKing sunderers again and again, not for blocking good deploy location but "cuz extra sundy confuse people and make them spawn in wrong places". Surprisingly, only right location was TKer's sundy. Was last straw, after that I quit Trident.
    Now its a bit easier after update, see lots of sundies around but not much TKing.
  2. Champagon

4th factioners and there is basically NO consequence for teamkilling.

How to fix?

2 hour cooldown after selecting a char, which LOCKS you to that character
    Monthly tally of TK's 100+ and you get an EXP deduction or something equally damaging. HELL you can even lore it up! at the end of the month if you have 100+ team kills then the Vanu or whomever you fight for will fine you 50 or so certs as punishment for damaging the front lines. Something like that?
    • Up x 2
  3. Typhoeus

You get tk'd on purpose without provocation, reply in kind if possible and then bounce to avoid escalating the situation. Fair is fair. ******** tend to forget their victims are possibly bigger ******** themselves :D
  4. GoTDirt fromMAG

There are places where Sundys can be placed (like at a biolab) where fallen players will be closer to the Sundy on a minimap, & therefore by default will be spawned there, often times that is not where folks would choose to spawn, thus creating an extra step to switch their spawn after every death in a killing field. I don't think I have ever blown up a friendly Sundy, but I have on several occasions given a C4 parting present to someone more concerned with their earnings then their factions best interests. If something is working against those brave infantry urgently trying to turn the tide of battle, you are not a friendly. Is there a valid reason for friendly Sundys at a friendly biolab, sure, frustrated teammates having to switch spawns or teleport back (for as the OP describes as being 2 hours) instead of QQ I think you should applaud your fellow soldiers patience. I avoid the biolabs not because I don't prefer infantry battles (which I do), but biolabs are like biospheres, where those players don't leave, & intend to battle there for hours, with some fool with a Sundy in the basement getting all swarmy cause he is getting some free certs. Whatever I don't encourage this regardless of how relatable it is to the numbers of folks who play Biolab2.
  5. Udnknome

I'll bet it was a 4th factioner that couldn't find a legit way to your sundy. This is more likely the cause after a 2 hour troll. If you ask around, I'll be other sunderers in the area were dispatched in the same manner.
  6. Pacster

We had a fight at south-eastern Indar canyons(fortress or something). Enemy was having the base...we had 2 sunderers and 2 beacons on top of the hills and one sunderer down at near the base. We had 65-70% pop there. We got killed time after time cause roughly 80% of our pop was spawning at the cliffs just sniping around or whatever. I watched this for around 20 minutes without of us even getting close to the capture point and me being killed like 15 times. Then I started yelling at people...threatening to kill the sunderers on the cliffs....nothing changed for another 10 minutes. So I killed both sunderers and beacons on the cliffs and within 5 minutes we had taken the base. Was it wrong of me? Report worthy?
    To me *I* won that fight....

Yes, I saw TRID doing that kind of stuff too. And nope, it has not always strategical reasons....I have seen them replacing a c4ed sundy at a populated biolab right with their own(I doubt that a pixel right or left made a huge change. Anyway, it didn't survive my c4 either...=)). It's sad that some outfit-players believe they can do whatever they want(you often see that with ruthless tank drivers too that run over other people like they just don't care as long as they are not of their own outfit)...
  7. lawn gnome

as far as i can tell everyone does that once. as long as you learned from it and will go properly get an engi tool then it is fine.
    no need to name them just report them.
    • Up x 1
  8. lawn gnome

that is some very grey territory. not necessarily report worthy in my opinion but don't make a habit out of it.
  9. NC supporter

Just remove the ability to kill friendlies outright and to the people who say thats not "realistic" well it doesn't matter in a game where we have space travel, respawning through "nanites" and guns that shoot lasers and plasma.
  10. Mangopizza

They blow mine up because they iz jelly that I my sundy is ****** to the max. :rolleyes:
  11. Krayus_Korianis

I have all three factions on two servers. NEVER have I team killed a sunderer or a tank or anything. People TK me like no tomorrow, I might put a stop to it and keep team killing them and ruin their KDR because that's all they care about.
  12. Liquidrider

It happens more often than you think; not always on purpose.

I have suggested before that they should add a feature to see who killed your sunder at the very least you can than warn if an enemy is near by or if it is actually just a friendly.
  13. Raka Maru

To me these TKers are scum and should be reported (and I do). Who is to judge where my sundie is parked. Although some do park in bad places. Glad they reduced the no-deploy radius, that helped a lot.