Funny thing: got a weapon for free. Dont know because of what

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RocknRoll, Jul 9, 2014.

1. RocknRoll

Hey guysngirls, nice story: I am NC and today i discovered that i have the Razor GD-23 unlocked. I did never certed it or bought it with SC. Its a sweet surprise coz now i got a fine mid to long range alternative for my LA. Is there anyone else here who had some similar incident? Dont know when it unlocked, so it could have been anytime.

A few months ago, i also discovered, that i have two camos unlocked: Indar savanna camo and Cells camo. I never bought one of these either. I know that thee was a Empire quiz some time ago where you could get some free items, but i never participated.

Just because of interest: anyone knows what happened?
  2. Darkwulf

Yes I know what happened.

You remember those survey questions you answered about which class you play. Well based on your choice it gave you that gun. I don't think you can not participate. Or it would keep asking you every time you log in.
    • Up x 2
  3. Axehilt

Which would also mean the OP lucked out, because there aren't many better weapons you could pull from that thing than the Razor, tbh. The Razor is the bee's knees.
  4. Zombekas

Cells was given out in codes along with a medic skull mask for "Nanite of the Living Dead" event. I'm very interested to know where you got free Indar Savanna camo...
  5. ironeddie

Or some very nice person is hacking his account and buying him stuff.
  6. RocknRoll

ah k, thx for the quick answer. Funny thing is: i really never participated in that survey because i had a long break from PS2. Maybe that survey was closed when i got back in and players that not participate got these goodies automatically after their first login. That would also explain the camos. I discovered the unlocked camos accidently like the razor today. Thats really sweet. I just tested a bit and the razor is pretty good with HVA/silencer/grip/2x. Me found a new toy......On the way to Auraxium!!!
  7. RocknRoll

...never redeemed a code of any kind.
  8. Ronin Oni

Cells camo was awarded for free to everyone with the survey as well actually, no code needed.

and no, doesn't matter HOW LONG you're gone... you always get the survey. You probably don't remember it, it was 10 seconds long (like 3-4 basic questions).
  9. Zombekas

Oh no, my bad, that was Amoeba camo in that code. Yes, cells is given out to everyone from the survey. How did you get the Indar Savanna though..?
  10. RocknRoll

dunno. I also got a 3 day hyper boost i never bought either. I remember that there was some kind of capture point system a while ago where one could get some SC items as reward. For that boost i got some reclaim pm. But not for the camo or the gun
  11. Darkwulf

You got the boost from the domination series, weekly reward.

You should try opening your eyes while you play. It helps a ton.