European servers are getting merged

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Clay

Whoever merges with our beloved cobalt: prepare to be farmed.

evillaugh.jpg
    • Up x 1
  2. gigastar

No details though? So i can only pray that Ceres doesnt get lumped with Miller?
    • Up x 1
  3. Plunutsud pls

Woodman and Ceres - the two servers with the highest and lowest VS pop, respectively.
    • Up x 5
  4. Archiadus

How's about letting the official forum know first for a change...
    • Up x 1
  5. SynaptixBrainstorm

goodbye small/most fun fights. at least for me and a couple of ppl that i know -.-
    I CANT WAIT TO GET MORE 30 FPS FIGHTS!
  6. 3punkt14159

Doesnt anybody care why there have to be a merge after every 5..6 months?? Tonns of users are leaving ps2 because you put in new things ingame that nobody want to. For an example the lattice system, so many people said it is stupid, for example the cont.lock that half of all the people really hate. And in the oposite side there are bugs like the "cap point bug" or the " i didnt want to spawn at the base bug" which are existing for month or years,.

How many times you will merge again servers??? Look on the server list, and you`ll get the answer. Think about that!

(sorry for my unperfect english)
  7. Plunutsud pls

Yes they are pretty much failing to attract new players and retain old players, but at least they are finally merging servers to give the remaining players more action.

I don't agree with everything they do but I am totally happy about the merges.
    • Up x 1
  8. Prudentia

for some reason casual Play works good. but did you ever Play in a Serversmash? did you ever Play on jaeger? it's impossible to Play properly because the People i played against knew how to Play the game, so it all came down to who could break the movement prediction alghoritmen better.
  9. sindz

10. Plunutsud pls

I noticed that high ping gives you a mild advantage if you strafe and generally move around a lot quickly.

I sometimes see enemies shooting at where I was half a second before.

Of course if you walk straight at them you're toast.
  11. vanu123

Depends, if it is a ROFLstomp like Connery vs Woodman then the winner will keep the name, if it is a close, emotional, dramatic one that literally came down to the last 2 bases and could be called either way, then it will be neutral.
  12. FishMcCool

Woodman and Cobalt, just so i get a chance to feature in your next SHOTGUNS videos. ;)
  13. noidea

Ceres and Miller would be a terrible idea. Last thing we need is a server with blatant TR overpop.
  14. Hartkernharald

i don't play on cobalt anymore but among the other servers, i'd rank their factions like this:
    1. miller tr
    2. woodman vs
    3. ceres tr
    4. ceres nc
    5. miller vs
    6. woodman nc
    7. woodman tr
    8. ceres vs
    9. miller nc (although i only rank them lower than ceres vs because they perform just as badly without being underpopped)

so i'd say miller-woodman would probably be best, but... poor nc ;)

edit: another problem with that combination is the long history of air ganking at the warpgate on cobalt and woodman. that would probably make both resulting servers no-fly.
  15. Zombekas

Once again I must ask this question, MOVE players from one server to another, or actually MERGE servers? What happens with the old server? Does it get sold off and we put double load on an existing server? Or do server assets merge, allowing for greater pop caps and less lag?
  16. NinjaTurtle

They move all players to one of the servers.

In Emeralds case all players were moved to the Mattherson server
  17. Nilidus

my flash is ready! *maniac laughter*
  18. Zombekas

Then we can expect 10 metric MegaHigbies of lag...
  19. NinjaTurtle

Emerald hasn't from my experience at least suffered to much.

There is a small dip in performance but not so much it could imo be considered an issue. That negative is outweighed by the positive of more population
  20. Tito

miller needs VS soo miller woodman