Do you use your implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Lazaruz

Even before they came out I said that I wouldn't be touching them, and I've kept to that so far.

Btw, anyone know if there is a limit to how many chargers you can store?
    • Up x 1
  2. dezusa

Almost never used Implants, at one point i totally forgot about them and stacked quite a bit of T1 and T2 implants that I needed to combine. I just keep on stacking chargers/ultra chargers along with my current max 99k implant charge. I do have the T3 and T2 implants that seem ideal to my play style, but never really used em o_O

^A thousand times this, probably a few reasons why I dont use implants by habit.
    (except for range finder, see enemy in range: pewpew on sight)
  3. \m/SLAYER\m/

its for rich players, aristocrats who pays to win, when you wiped half HP to HA and he got behind cover, with his tier 3 healing.. you wasn't expecting that, because you definitely can see Restoration Kit usage, while implants visible only on death screen.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dethfield

I could be considered one of those "rich players", and i dont really use them too heavily. The charge system is just a pain in the **** to deal with and is more trouble than its worth. Doesnt help that only a select few implants are really worth invest the time and effort to use. Most of the time i just dont bother with them.
  5. CWorth

Nope and never will.
  6. Konstantinn

Constantly regen III on everything, except medic and sometimes engie safe fall II, max I'm still experimenting which implant.
  7. JibbaJabba

I do enjoy my clear vision. I mostly use it to allow me to concuss myself and enemies at the same time then have the upper hand.

Hold breath is awesomesauce too.
  8. Axehilt

If the game asks you, "Do you want to use something that gives you a slight quality-of-life improvement at no cost?" the answer is always yes. I'm confused why people would intentionally avoid using something that improves the game like that.

Personally I mostly use Targeting on eng/medic/MAX, and Regen3 on the rest. There are a few exceptions and for one-off bases I occasionally swap in appropriate implants (used Safe Fall on Vanu Archives the other day and it worked great.) Still waiting on Sensor Shield to randomly get rolled up for me, as I imagine that will replace Regen3 on most of my infantry combat loadouts.
  9. AshHill07

I have not used, and don't intend to use, any of them.
  10. CptSundancer

I took all my implants off at the start. I'm one of those players that plays games like Dragon Age: Origins or Torchlight and ends the game with half the inventory screen covered in varying levels of health or mana potions. Since I read the article yesterday about how I can make new implants, I may try throwing some into the RNG and seeing what comes out.

Some do feel like cheating. But really, the idea of energy management is the biggest factor in my not using them.

Seriously, upgrading my rig has gotten me over that 2 k/d ratio and that's all I really care about now :)
    • Up x 1
  11. cruczi

Yeah, implants are worth it. Enhanced targeting for tank driving, regen for light assault, regen or marker for infiltrator. Most other uses I default to enhanced targeting, it's just a universally useful implant.

Some of the implants are pretty pointless though. Safe landing is too situational, EOD HUD has crappy range, only benefitting infantry play but flak armor does the job too, rangefinder is useless (especially as a tier 3 - wtf, should be tier 1), EMP shield is too situational (also tier 3, weird).
  12. lNeBl

At first I was concerned with energy management, but now I am constnatly at 99k energy, with several dropped chargers to fill it back up whenever it gets a bit low. And I mostly run tier 3 implants.
  13. JP_Russell

Rarely. Main one I've been using is the Marker implant whenever I'm using the Phoenix on enemy sunderers, since spotting from the Phoenix camera view is extremely unreliable and often the rest of my team won't realize the sunderer is there until it's been on the minimap constantly for a minute or so.

I also use the default implant with my dual burster MAX, but I'm pretty unimpressed with how close aircrafts have to be to see their health bars.

I also used the EOD HUD once when I knew I was up against a few guys that were laying mines repeatedly.

For general use, I don't use any of them yet because there's no way I can keep them up. When I have my energy pool maxed out and like 500 chargers banked and all the implants collected so I can use them all toward making ultra chargers, then I probably will.
  14. SynaptixBrainstorm

15. Zotamedu

I have yet to use them because I'm too lazy to read up on how they work.
  16. Bape

Lol I don't even know how to use them.
  17. Morti

The one that shows you your targets HP.

You know, the thing we had before they removed it for absolutely no reason at all.
    • Up x 3
  18. EGuardian1

Sensor Shield for my Owling Light Assault
    Regen 3 for my HA
    Safe Landing for my Tower Stomps
    Clear Vision for breaching heavily contested areas
    Enhanced Targetting for my Vehicles.

It's annoying to swap out, but it definitely can give you the edge. I only ever charge them when I plan on using them so I'm sitting on like 140 chargers and i have a bunch of T3 that are useless to me, so I can use them to create ultras if I want.

If you have the accessibility (and we all do to differing levels) then it's completely worth it.
  19. WorldOfForms

The fact that anyone at all isn't using implants, let alone all the people here showing they don't use them, is a testament to how much of a design failure implants are.

In PS1, nobody, and I mean not one single person, didn't use implants. Everyone used them, and the only debate on the forums was how to combine them (since you could have 3 equipped at one time - you know, like good gameplay design).

The metrics should show the devs how much of a massive failure implants are. Even if only 10% of players are not using them, that is a gigantic failure. You know you have bad design when you literally offer players a pure upgrade to their current abilities, and they say "Nah, that's too much of a hassle."
    • Up x 2
  20. Hypersot

Never used them, not planning to either.