Do you use your implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Leftconsin

Indeed they are!
  2. FateJH

I don't use Implants and still have the full account of energy that everyone started the update with.

Ignoring people who don't use Implants at all, so they have no reason to use Chargers either, the drop rate is based on experience ticks. Drop cooldown may also exist as I do not believe I have ever gotten multiple drops within an experience tabulation period, e.g., destroying a fully packed Sunderer yields at least thirteen chances for a drop but only one actual drop, but nothing regarding that is written down anywhere.
    Support classes have a higher chance of drops due to having a higher frequency of incremental experience gain.
  3. HadesR

Mostly Enhanced Targeting and Regen 2 on all classes ... And keeping a pretty steady 90k + charge
  4. Plunutsud pls

I use regeneration to free up that medkit slot for something else.

Battle hardened is also great for reducing flinch in a firefight.
  5. hdup71

What's the maximum number of chargers? I've already hit the maximum number of energy, so i don't want to lose some potential chargers.

I don't use implants. I think they are a terrible idea. The community delayed their introduction by massive resistance. SOE waited for some time to have the community slowly adept and anticipate their arrival. As a customer i don't like to be treated this way like an ape. So I stay faithfull to my beliefs and do not use p2w implants. But i collect them, as I collect everything else in this game, and maximise collection-capabilities. If there's a maximum number of chargers then I start burning some energy by using some implants for the sake of collection.
  6. sucoon

i got 99200 energy and have more than 150 charger now., i don't use any implantat at the moment. i got all lvl1 and lvl2 implantats and 8/10 lvl3. i craftet certain times 3x lvl3 implantats but also only get that on i already had.
  7. Pikachu

I started using the see explosives implant lately. It is nice. But I forget to charge them so I have 99 chargers.
  8. Cyridius

Regen II is the sh*t.
  9. hdup71

I'm pleasantly surprised the majority of people in this thread do not use implants. But as we all now the forum doesn't represent the playerbase. In reality almost all players use implants, not only the noobs but BR100 as well, which is a really sad thing - they should now better. But I've seen more and more high BR's drop their implants recently. This is a good sign, and sanity finally returned.
  10. MasterCheef

i wonder what the metrics are for implant use. I wonder its been successful financially.
  11. Yaesu

I haven't used implants since they were added to the game.
  12. Codex561

I use enhanced targeting when flying and sometimes marker but I got a reflex to press q the moment I start shooting so I dont need it much.
  13. MorganM

Yep, use them on every class and loadout. I don't always recharge them; only if I'm going to be playing an hour or more. If I'm just farting around for 30 min I won't bother.
  14. Iridar51

Intentionally avoiding using implants is just artificially handicapping yourself. You may as well refuse to use suit slots, grenades, or anything except the knife for that matter.
    • Up x 1
  15. Badname707

Unless you're running T3's on all of your classes, you'll probably be good.
  16. Rift23

Uh, not really. There's plenty of alternatives to using implants, most of which were used long before SOE tried to hop on the perks bandwagon.

Marker: Press Q.
    Rangefinder: Spot something, hit alt, set a waypoint on the minimap. If it's a squad/platoon waypoint others can see it too!
    Regeneration: Stay in a squad with a medic or two, take a med/resto kit if going alone
    Enh targeteting: Shoot them in the head
    EOD: Look down, chuck grenades into buildings you're about to clear, have a medic/engie nearby, MAX is not a soloing class.
    Hold Breath: Let go of the shift key in between shots.
    Battlehardened: Use cover.
    Awareness: Have some
    Counter-intelligence: Always assume you've been spotted/are showing up on radar.
    Safe-Landing: Learn to bounce off walls/cliffwalk down
    Clear Vision*: Don't clump. No infantry collision doesn't mean ten people have to stand inside each other on the point
    EMP Shield: Same as Clear Vision. Also, don't have/be a brain-dead infiltrator on the team.

*Doesn't work on MAXes so Mr. Goliath is still screwed.

See? You can have them all at once and without limit!
    • Up x 2
  17. Iridar51

That's like saying that dodging bullets is an alternative to nanoweave.
    • Up x 1
  18. Cyridius

If you can dodge a bullet, you can dodge a dodgeball.
    • Up x 4
  19. JibbaJabba

I just kept saving until I was able to get all Tier 3s.

I now use them constantly on my primary loadouts (not every loadout has one though). Once you get above 100+ chargers you stop having anxiety about them.
  20. Wargrim

I refuse to use implants in their current implementation, as i hate every single aspect of them.

Also, if i wanted to have my body stuffed full of unreliable technology of questionable origin and morality, i would have joined Vanu.
    • Up x 1