Please Normalize Fog

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klypto, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Klypto

It doesn't impact me much when I'm playing infantry, but when I'm in my tank it's insane.

I can't even make out a sunderer that is 200 meters away from me on High, but on Low I can see it clear as day. It really bothers me when I have Alarox gunning and he's pointing out all these targets I don't even know exist because I can't even see them.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  2. Llamar

High settings just make everything hard to see.
  3. Paragon Exile

Since the fog is essentially a way to limit the draw distance, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Anyways, fix this nao.
  4. DHT#

Only if you're using it to hide system limitations, rather than atmospheric effects which is what it's used for on Hossin.
    • Up x 2
  5. Mekeji

Yeah but the game looks like *** at low settings.

Honestly the fog is the biggest reason I don't like hossin. My rig can run the game on max and I am being punished for it.
  6. RHINO_Mk.II

Normalize Fog, Normalize Infil Cloak
    • Up x 3
  7. Maljas23

8. Alarox

Yes please. Although, what I foresee happening is that SOE will jump to fix this while completely ignoring the fact that Infiltrators are basically invisible on low.

It would be the equivalent of SOE saying "Sorry, you just don't matter enough... no hard feelings right? Just make sure you keep paying membership though!" Or maybe I can go play a different game where they don't treat their customers like crap.
  9. Vaphell

Ever noticed how the refraction effect is produced by shifting pixels of the background to create lensy look? Guess what - it's impossible to do cheaply without SHADERS which are disabled in low, period. Unless you are willing to make medium setting the new low, low will always be different.
  10. Zombekas

On the other hand, IR vision range is longer on high settings... Or at least used to be, not sure if they fixed it yet
  11. Stromberg

Well it's either see everything but cloaked infiltrators or see infiltrators but nothing else because of bloom, fog and general darkness. Sidegrades ^^
    Also I read in another thread that disabling shadows and enabling fog shadows on high is supposed to basically remove fog. Try it.
  12. Vaphell

bloom can be disabled now with a checkbox, though you get to see some weird halo effect around the edges of objects, eg your hands and weapon, against the dark backgrounds on high.
  13. Pikachu

On Hossin it serves both purposes.
  14. sucoon

if you disable blum you got problems with thermal visions. making them useless
  15. Plunutsud pls

Switch shadows off and fog shadows on = no fog on any continent.

You can still keep all the other settings high, ultra or whatever you want.
  16. Klypto

Well, if you turn off shadows you get totally wacko stuff like the sun shinning off the floor in enclosed buildings. :(
  17. Plunutsud pls

Been playing on high settings with shadows off for a few months and never noticed any fugly glitches like that.
  18. NeroRydA

I have been away from this game a very long time. I come back and now it looks even worse? Or you can see 100m and then a wall of fog starts? This is terrible. So all they did in the last months was to make the game look like ****???

I try shadows off and fog on. But please. They cant even make the game look good on high/ultra settings?
    As i started the game i thought "Nice they added Weather Effects" Hahahaha NO!!! They added a terrible Fog Wall all over the Maps :(