Buff Night. Anyone Agree?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadoiex, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Nerovox

Ummmmm..... yeah not that would make it any different from day time then.
    100% agree with OP, but will never happen.
    I am the type that would like to see the mini map go bye bye as well.
  2. BlackDove

The nights are already TOO DARK if you have a properly calibrated monitor, and correct brightness/gamma levels!

Fix YOUR color space issues and you'll be asking them to make the nights brighter!

Either you have the HDMI issue, or your monitor is COMPLETELY MISCALIBRATED. If you have the HDMI issue NO AMOUNT of calibration will fix it. You have to change the color space signal itself. I wrote an entire thread about this issue.

Fix YOUR stuff before you ruin the game MORE for people with properly set up hardware!

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...re-so-bright-on-ps2-hdmi-nvidia-intel.158194/
    • Up x 1
  3. Cinnamon

I honestly can't work out if people are not able to properly set up their computer systems to show colour levels properly of if they literally want a completely pitch black night with no moonlight or artificial lighting so they can admire the perfect blackness of the void.
  4. BlackDove

My guess is that most of it is the HDMI color space issue. How many people use 1920x1080 and an Nvidia or Intel GPU over HDMI? A LOT!

Then there's the fact that most of the factory default settings for monitors are wrong, but that's a separate issue.

Anyone thinking that the nights are too bright have something wrong with their setup though.
  5. swisscowboy

i didnt know that issue with the graphiccards. But im using an AMD with DVI. So I dont have Problems with the Color.

"Anyone thinking that the nights are too bright have something wrong with their setup though"

your last sentence is wrong.
  6. BlackDove

If you've played this game for a while, you'd notice that the nights have gotten progressively DARKER as a result of people complaining in threads like this, but the real problem is that their drivers are making their GPU output the wrong color space(RGB 16-235) to their monitor, which expects an RGB 0-255 signal.

And if you think the nights are too bright and you DON'T have the color space issue, have you calibrated your monitor properly? How much darker do they need to be?
  7. swisscowboy

have you calibrated your monitor properly? hmm. I will check this.

But my Point is, that currently flashlights, IRNV, vehicle lights are useless. They dont give you a big Advantage during the Nights. It would be cool, if People had more to use their flashlights.

With darker nights like Beta. The game Needs some new cool Stuff., for example
    -flare Guns (for Galaxys or something else)
    -portable Light Station for enginers
    -more new things

it would Change the gameplay
  8. BlackDove

Well, I'm one of the people who thinks they need to make the game run properly before they add a bunch of useless ****, while it's crashing every five minutes and running terribly for people with high end systems.

But yeah, the nights are incredibly dark now, to the point that I should adjust the brightness higher.

You also need to understand how scotopic and mesopic vision works, before people start saying "make it darker".

They need to change the lighting from the blurry, foggy mess that it is now, to something more realistic, or stay away from doing "nights" at all. Then you can have realistic nights and still be able to see.
  9. swisscowboy

They need to change the lighting from the blurry, foggy mess that it is now, to something more realistic, or stay away from doing "nights" at all. Then you can have realistic nights and still be able to see

Im agree with this. The have to improve the lightning
  10. Zombekas

You want to turn this into some Slenderman BS?

I've played DayZ at nights and it sucks, here it would suck even more when you need to be aware of enemies at all times...

Hell no. Or make it optional, so that those who want immersion can immerse themselves all they want, and those who want to fight can do the fighting unobstructed.
  11. squarebug

Secret is settings your monitor
  12. Vaphell

no.

1. you would be ADSing at 0.5x movement speed all the time while vehicles with the OPvision on get to collect certs from your corpse even easier than before
    2. Vanu are a ***** to see at night as it is.

where are flares? Running with flashlights is rtarded as vision enhancement systems should be mounted directly in visors. Sci-fi my ***.
  13. Luke15g

For ***** sake, I don't understand you idiots. Nights are supposed to be ******* dark, clearly none of you have actually been outside a city or witnessed a black-out. You can't see **** and need man-made light sources.
    Fighting at night has been a tactical element of war since the first time one guy used the dark to sneek up on another and it should be present in a game that prides itself on such.
  14. Vaphell

what are you talking about? Eyes adjust and get to recognize contours if there is any light present, eg moon+stars.

In sci fi setting none of it should matter, we should have enhanced visors that do the job and some anti-glare polarization filters as a bonus. If you want dark nights so people have to jump through the hoops and use idiotic flashlights while vehicles can just farm them with OPvision on... no.
    Also monitors, especially crappy lcd ones cannot reproduce anything near perfect black that would make not so perfect black stick like a sore thumb. Without fancy tricks that would normalize what's visible you'd just annoy people for no good reason.
  15. JazzaW

Wait there's a black camo for TR that doesn't show large blobs of bright red? Anyone know what's it called?
  16. FateJH

A well-programmed shader can do visual magic.

I agree that there'd be no point to enhancing the obscurity of night darkness if we are just going to introduce simple means of working around its inconveniences. That said: many bases still have very poor lighting, many people already find the IRNV scope to nothing more than an overglorified target spotter, vehicle thermal scopes to be a bane to Infantry, and the flashlight ill-suited to be anything but the short-range Infiltrator anti-cloak utility that it is intended.
  17. BlackDove

Luke15G

Have you been to some place dark recently? Don't you see all the artificial light sources or huge reflective stuff like the moon in PS2?
  18. Zombekas

Also annoying as **** in videogames. It's not a simulator.
  19. Luke15g

Annoying for who? There are people that get annoyed when someone they're shooting at runs into cover. Should cover be removed?
    Nights are supposed to be dark, if you don't like fighting in the actual dark then switch continents or only fight in major facilities with artificial lighting.
  20. JesusVoxel

Things like darker nights, thunderstorms, dense fog, snowstorms, sandstorms etc. would add so much for the gameplay and overall immersion, but all these "pro players" wouldn't like that because they would actually have to adapt to those new situations. It would be sooo ******* hard to slow down your ADHD run-around-the-base playstyle for more tactical and slower paced gameplay during nights.

Propably same kind of players who turn settings down (grass off, shadows off, etc.) just to be more "competative". Players who don't enjoy the game as whole, but are just addicted to their meaningles stats. To bad this game has atracted lots of those ********, who do their best to turn this into competative esport player stats simulator, where everything else like immersive nights are just grinding their ADHD playstyle nerves.
    • Up x 1