Make the Harasser a real 3 crew vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Halkesh

Actually, the harasser's "risk/reward" ratio is far lower than other vehicles.
    First, the harasser need something to lower the "flipping" risk to 0. Having this will allowing driver to drive at max speed more often.
    Second, harasser should have more firepower to compensate its low resistance. Making the 3rd seat a viable fire-stand may help a lot.

What follow aren't necessarily, but it can be cool to give more choice for the harasser utility & defense slot.
    If after all theses change harasser will still performing less than other vehicle, then we can think about making it more resistant.

----------------

1. Do a barrel roll
    -Add "unflip my harasser" ability for the 3rd crew. Like turbo, stock harasser have this ability, higher rank only reduce the cooldown.

2. A. Improving 3rd seat.
    Make the 3rd seat more important in the harasser gameplay.
    -Improve 3rd seat horizontal angle to 360°.
    -Stabilize the 3rd seat (it could be permanent stabilization or just allow the 3rd crew to hold breath to remove all rumble during a few time.)
    -3rd crew (as engineer) should be able to start reparation at every speed (even while using turbo). The repair rate should stay at 30%.
    -Add a "3rd seat" slot with passive bonus for the 3rd seat. The driver and the gunner won't benefit of this.

2. B. 3rd seat slot
    Both of theses item work only if there is somebody on the 3rd seat.
    -Scout radar
    -Reinforced armor, increase 3rd crew resistance
    -Airbag, when the 3rd crew is dead, his body stay in the 3rd seat instaid of drop in the area where he dies. A dead body on the 3rd seat disapear after 15/20/25/30sec. (revive a MAX is easier from behind a cover than just right before the enemy tank)
    -Ammo pack, give ammo for the 3rd crew and every ally infantry in a small radius.
    -Ambulance, heal the 3rd crew and ally infantry (and MAX but slower) in a small radius.

3. More stuff
    -Improve Stealth (defence). Each rank reduce the engine loud. It work only against enemy vehicle / air, enemy infantry still heard harasser normally. Turbo noise can't be reduced.
    -Add Shadow cloak (utility). It make the harasser invisible for a short duration (3-5 sec) but the harasser can't shot while the invisibility is active. Long CD.
    -Add RAT (defence). The Reinforced Armor - Top increase the harasser effective HP against air weapon by 35% whatever direction the attack come from. (like tank armor, it have only 1 rank).

---------------

If 3/3 harasser are still bad
    Make harasser harder to hit by reduce their seize and hitbox.
    Reduce AP damage against harasser so they will deal the same damage as HEAT. (already done by SOE on the test server)
    Increase harasser AV weapon damage at close range (for example, halberd deal 1000@15m to 800@50m)
    Improve vertical min angle of every AI and AV weapon (less exposure when you shot from a hill)
    Improve vertical max angle of ES AI weapon (make them able to deter ESF)
    Change Composite armor to be passive.
    • Up x 1
  2. oberchingus

Interesting!

I'm all for survivability suggestions!
  3. Halkesh

It's sure "unflip my harasser" ability would make a lot of harasser driver happy. :D
  4. moriarrr-ceres

All this ideas are really interesting, maybe the only one i don' t want is the shadow cloak (it's too op on that vehicle that all)
    -airbag------>amazing idea ;)
    It's a very interesting way to balance thing by involving the third gunner, I really agree for the 360° view, and it can make viable some weapons (100+clip size lmgs....etc)
  5. MajiinBuu

A short, powerful reverse turbo would be nice to. I've gotten my harasser stuck so many times. Usually the nose of the harasser is wedged into an incline, and I have no way out. I can't turn, turbo does nothing. Just a small, backwards burst of speed would be great. You'd only need less than a second to get yourself unstuck, and nobody could complain that it allows them to run away, since it'd be less than a second long. Maybe half a second.
  6. Halkesh

It's sure the "shadow cloak" ability would be a bit OP, even if it has a very short duration.
    When I've think about this ability, the goal was to flank enemy / run away / be safe during a reload.
    But indeed, too OP. ^^

@MajiinBuu : The "unflip my harasser" should also do that, but when you stuck your harasser (especially on Indar, it's not the harasser's fault, it's due to indar be conception)
  7. Frozen-K

Being able to right a harasser on its wheels if flipped (and the flash) would be amazing.
    • Up x 1
  8. Halkesh

It's sure this thing should also be added to the flash. ^^
  9. Hip Russian Man

These are very good changes, I especially like the "Unflip my Harasser" ability. Physics in this game suck, so flipping is a constant worry and it drastically restricts harasser drivers from reaching their full potential.
  10. Kwyjibo_CO

Does anyone else wish they could just replace the Harasser with the Warthog from Halo CE?
  11. \m/SLAYER\m/

We dont need another MBT killer, just turn it into AA purpose - it fast and small, and has more chances to survive and escape after facing MBT. i think it would be great anti-air vehicle.
  12. oberchingus

Nope. ECUS has come up with a magyvered MBT attachment for the Harasser. We call it Inferno.
  13. BrokenMirror

Will buy 10000 cert option to replace, composite Nanite, etc, for "Self Stabilization" Which will ALWAYS keep the harasser upright, and remove flip damage.
    • Up x 1