How do you fly aircraft?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminiouscow, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Luminiouscow

pls help gooby pls
  2. Maelthra

Into the ground. At least, that's how I do it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikachu

How do you make 5 threads in 6 hours?
    • Up x 5
  4. GaBeRock

Basics:
    Learn the reverse manuever
    Bind escape vshicle to a key you aren't likely to accidentally press (ex. ~ or middle mouse button).
    Bind pitch up/down to something you can easily reach (I would reccomend mouse buttons 4/5.)
    Bind analouge thrust to a key (it's like holding throttle down, but you only need to press it once.)
    Spend lots of time in VR training flying around obstacles and getting into mock-dogfights.
    Get an A2G nosegun or A2G secondary (if you want to fly ESFs) so you actually get a reward for practicing flying, rather than getting continuously pwned by more experienced pilots.
    Avoid large groups of enemy air, and avoid people with [prey] or [qry] tags.
    Hug terrain while groundpounding, and fly at flight ceiling for dogfighting.
    • Up x 2
  5. Linedan

In my case, very, very poorly.
  6. Maelthra

He's trying to be more like Codex.
  7. andy_m

I see I am not the only one who doesn't get on well with flying.

Actually, I can fly, but when I'm under attack it all goes pear shaped.

(what is the problem with a post an hour? Just curious)
  8. Bankrotas

You roll with mouse insdead of "looking" into that direction (left, right mouse movements), looking up and down works same as the ground, hold space to get altitude and A/D keys to turn vehicle left or right on vehicles X axis.
    Simple as that.

That's easy, just too lazy.
  9. XsolarflareX

Flying isn't something you can learn by reading a guide or getting tips. You have to jump right in and do it. That being said, if anyone wants to learn the basics, give me a shout. I'm vs, obviously, on emerald. Anytime i'm on you can send me a message and i'll be glad to help. I have a few small courses on the continents I routinely run, just for fun, plus I can hop in vr and pull planes forever. It can be hard to get started flying, it seems like an elite playground, but it's not. It just takes getting used to.
  10. novicez

press W and spacebar. Works everytime. :D
  11. Codex561

How do you reply to all threads within 1 hour?
    • Up x 1
  12. Codex561

Yes, I am very inspiring person :p
  13. Mekeji

I love to fly aircraft. Fighting with them on the other hand not so much.

I can fly through tight spaces, do fancy tricks, and all manner of tom foolery. However when it comes time to shoot at someone I couldn't hit a planet. I try to out maneuver after that but with no ability to fight back I always die in the end.
  14. maudibe

The easiest way to learn to fly at a beginner level so you aren't getting shot down or committing suicide everytime is to go into the VR (virtual reality) by being at the warp gate and going to the world terminal in the first room and warping to VR. Once there you can fly endless aircraft and use any of the available weapons over and over for free and never use any resources or use any certs to do it. You can learn to fly low between the trees, to shoot at tanks, infantry, try different scopes out and get comfortable with the controls. Of course you'll never be a great pilot because you need to actually dog fight with other people to get that skill and watching youtube videos will show some of the tricky manuevers that expert pilots employ (not me). You can adjust the mouse sensitivity for air and change the eject from air to another key to stop jumping out of your airplane and committing suicide because you hit the E key instead of the R key to reload becuase they are close, etc.
    Spend a couple hours flying around and then take a plane out in real battle. Repeat. you will get better and better. At least I shoot down a few planes now and then if i'm not 1v1 with a pro. Especially if my side has air superiority in the area. I can do well at harrassing Sundys and tanks also. Of course you will benefit alot if your plane is certed up a little. Rocket pods, flares, increased ammo, armor or fire suppression all help.
    For me tomcats (air to air missles) are worthless as you have to be really close to get a lock and the lock is broken by them turning around to face me most of the time, while if they turn to face me with rocket pods and i aim them well at close range ....ka boom.
  15. DrPapaPenguin

Like an anvil. As in my airtime is negligible, but man do I feel sorry for the people beneath me :D
  16. Shwalanlaka1

You don't fly it, you spawn it and then feed some no-life-"ace" pilot as soon as you're outside warpgate.
  17. Verrick

Get ganked by 12-14 man Reaver squads outside of your own warpgate until you 'learn'.

Least that's what the pros tell yah. :rolleyes:

Srsly though. Practice in VR for a bit, then take your ESF on a few runs on more quiet continents, Esamir, Amerish. (Unless theres alerts of course.) Get a feel for your faction specific aircraft and cert into the things your interested in overtime as your practice and fight, spawn timer is a must have, of course. Go search around Youtube for tutorials on certain manoeuvres and such. I think the most important thing to learn is to not overextend. Unlike a lot of vehicles. You cant just park behind a rock and repair if you get into trouble. (Though that also doesn't always apply, don't take offence tankers!)

Other than that, its just a lot of trial and error. Learn from mistakes.
  18. Luminiouscow

I have literally given up on dog fighting. I'm getting the banshee now :l
  19. GaBeRock

That's actually a great way to learn. Banshee is basically a worse rotary, so whenever someone tries to pick a fight, you have a shot at fighting back. You'll usually lose, but you'll get some practice in.
  20. Luminiouscow

Oh, I'm gonna primarily use the banshee for A2G but I guess I can use it for dogfighting practice too.

Thanks for the thought.