The lighting is painfully slow at turning.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

I mean it STRUGGLES at turn around.

When you try to turn it around its like 5 galaxies were put on top of it interms of mass gained.

It doesn't help that The reversing & turning is still messed up(SOE is hopefully going to fix this secondary bug which appeared after the Handling bug was fixed.).
  2. Bankrotas

Actually the bug was present with the sliding bug. And no, lightning handles as it used pre-Hossin, it's just, you got used to faster turning sliding lightining.
  3. Scr1nRusher

it still isn;t fixed..

if you notice in my post structure I stated that the lighting turns around way to slow, and that its also still bugged.

the lightnings turning speed wasn;t changed even with the bug.
  4. Bankrotas

Oooo!, Oooooooo! I know how to play this game!
    I KNOW. But you stated:

And I stated, that mine turns fine as pre-Hossin, not slow at all. Shall we play more of this statement game? I state that reddit is for losers, who don't pay!

I don't know about you, but I did notice, that less traction on my Vanguards and Lightnings brought more turning speed, a bit too much even....
  5. Scr1nRusher

hmm good point, but it was refershing to have a lighting that actually turned/reversed abit better.

it really made sense for the vehicle.

lol, Maybe its because if Terrain or something, Like I noticed that I turn around better on grass,snow or sand textures then i do rock like textures.
  6. Saber15

The Lightning has always handled horribly. Pretty sure a standard Vanguard turns faster.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fortress

Pfft, casuals.
  8. Bankrotas

Go away, ringer master.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bambasti

Steering controls are terrible at the moment. Sometimes it goes into the wrong direction, especially in reverse, no matter what button I'm pressing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Klypto

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. PrimePriest

You sure? Get the Rival chassis.
    If you're on Racer then yeah. The thing doesn't turn at all.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheBloodEagle

Are you talking about stock? They have different chassis available to be certed for a reason.
  13. Mxiter

My Lvl3 Rival lightning turned just well an hour ago.
  14. Axehilt

I would agree with improving Lightning handling of rough terrain, where it can frequently become stuck and turn slowly or erratically if the terrain is angled weird. Feels like the tank treads aren't being simulated properly in those situations (you'll press one direction and move another; it's not that only the left/right treads catch and you spin around a bit off-center, you will actually move in totally unexpected ways instead.)

But generally I feel lightning turning feels fine (and is plenty responsive with Scrapper.) Tank turn speed is really powerful, given that directional damage is such a big aspect for them compared with other vehicles. Moreso if you take Reinforced Front Armor (which I nearly always do personally; it's so good!)

You can fix the last part (inverse reverse-turning) in the options menu. For some reason they unchecked that box or something with the update. (I have it set so that A always turns left and D always turns right, regardless of whether I'm moving forward or backward; I can't fathom why that's considered "inverse", but it is. The only other logical tank control scheme would be if the thing controlled like a WW2 tank and you had forward/back for each tread individually (maybe even modern tanks control that way? Dunno.) If that were the case, several oddities with Lightning handling would probably be improved actually (related to the gearbox and transitions between forward/backwards, which creates weird unexpected things from the tank.)

(EDIT: Oh is it Rival not Scrapper? Whatever, you get the idea: the slot item that improves turn speed :p Although I do think Racer has its uses too, it's just incredibly punishing of any mistake you make -- if you find yourself in the wrong place and need to evacuate immediately, it takes you much longer to start retreating with Racer than Rival.)
  15. Cyridius

"Guys get Rival chassis!!!" doesn't really work. The Lightning's shtick as a light tank is that it is mobile. It should be able to turn faster and out-maneuver any other tank in the game(Except maybe a Magrider).
    • Up x 1
  16. Littleman

This.

Except right now the Prowler can pick up racer, have the same speed as the lightning, AND provides better handling and turning. Prowler = super lightning. Lightning = cozy little coffin. I still love mine to death, but it's a coffin. I consider the rival chassis on the lightning mandatory. Racer is only good across large, flat swathes of land, otherwise, you're unlikely to hit your new max speed of 80kph before running into something, and Vanu help you if you have to make more than a 10 degree turn.
    • Up x 1
  17. Fortress

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not sure that giving more mobility to the game's last remaining farm chariot is a good idea.
  18. Goretzu

This is the slightly daft thing.

I've almost always run Rival on Lightings for this reason.