Trap-M1

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by xXepicnesXx, Jun 23, 2014.

1. xXepicnesXx

The Trap-M1 is the worst sniper rifle that the TR have ever had, the damage model is horrible compared to the Railjack and the Phaseshift. although the three fire mode feature is nice, I do not understand why it only has 184 damage max while the other two factions got a single headshot weapon, It isn't like we already have enough semi-auto sniper rifles, I mean the three round burst is good but it could certainly use a slight buff, I mean I have never seen anyone use it or have I been killed by it. If anyone uses this stupid failure of a rifle please tell me.

The Trap has no Purpose being here, and I do not think that the decreased damage is supposed to be its downside because that isn't even fair.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ownasaurusrex

Usually when a weapon sucks, I roll up a j and smoke that shet. Then the weapon becomes good. I don't know how but it just does man. Btw I'm day drunk.
    • Up x 3
  3. lNeBl

Attach a 2x scope and pretend its a powerful assault rifle.
    • Up x 2
  4. Scr1nRusher

ITS NOT A SNIPER RIFLE.

its a Battle rifle & scout rifle rolled into 1 weapon.
    • Up x 5
  5. xXepicnesXx

According to the Wiki it is
  6. Plunutsud pls

What is this I don't even...

It's not a sniper rifle, the description is inaccurate.

TR was supposed to get a bolt-action sniper rifle with a large magazine, but the community backlash was so severe that they devised the TRAP instead and called it a sniper rifle.
    • Up x 1
  7. gh05t

I've been using it since yesterday with forward grip and 3.4x red dot sight, also tried x2 and suppressor.

the recoil is really high and the burst pattern unpredictable, don't like how it pulls to the right so damn hard
  8. TeknoBug

It is indeed a bad gun, leaving it at 2x burst is best, 3x burst is terrible and increases bloom faster than anything else in the game and single shot isn't even worth using. I only have about 50 kills with it and stopped using it.
  9. Skooma Lord

The T.R.A.P is what I think the Battle Rifles should of been like to begin with. The T.R.A.P-M1 does not behave like a sniper rifle. They should of got something else like an alternate fire-mode that uses smaller ammunition but fires faster or something like that.
    • Up x 1
  10. K2k4

it plays like a shotgun in cqb
  11. thingymajigy

Well, um, it's 3 round burst can kill in CQC if they are all headshots, maybe?

I find it funny that the Gauss Saw has twice the fire rate and higher damage.
  12. Moz

The very definition of a "battle rifle" is a fire mode select even in RL.

Quote from wiki:

"A battle rifle is a select fire, magazine fed, military service rifle that fires a full-power rifle cartridge, such as 7.62x51mm NATO"

This is probs the most accurate battle rifle in the game except they call it a sniper rifle............ Good job SoE :confused:

In short, please give Warden two shot burst mode!! :D
    • Up x 1
  13. gh05t

upon further testing i do think the x3 burst is quite poor,and the x2 spread sucks aswell. it's not like the SABR 13 like it was compared to by the devs.

they should have made it x2 burst at 225 to 200 damage range and reduce it's fire rate a bit
  14. xXepicnesXx

Why would we not want a new bolt action sniper rifle I mean with a large magazine I could see that being a problem, but otherwise no
  15. Lightwolf

Do you enjoy using semi auto snipers?
    How about scout rifles?
  16. squarebug

On Hossin I kinda like it with thermal sight/silencer. There's probably better options but it works for me.
  17. xXepicnesXx

Lightwolf I like using both why do you ask
  18. Lightwolf

Because the Trap is a middle ground between the two. In two shot burst it is a semi sniper, as both shots remained grouped to render while having roughly the same re-aim time as a sniper. Two headshot bursts to kill.
    Three shot behavior is somewhere between semi and auto scouts.

You're trading a little bit of oomph in a category for alot of versatility.
  19. Gleerok

Its not a sniper rifle.

But by far its the worst on its class/sub-class role.

Get the SOAS-20. You'll do the same role but perform much better instead.
  20. DatVanuMan

Yeah, I have NEVER been killed by the Trap. Maybe once or thrice... I don't really remember. The Trap is seriously in need of a buff. It can be done like this:
    Buff damage. Deals 225 damage.
    Buff RoF. It now becomes 577.
    COMPLETE REVAMP. Has two low velocity projectiles in one magazine. Each deals 575 damage, and landing both will result in a kill. Has a 1.7 headshot multiplier, and reloads just slightly slower than the Tier-2 sniper rifles.