New Comer Needs Help Learning Lingo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FaarFromFalleen, Jul 5, 2014.

1. FishMcCool

If 'OP' isn't a mainstay of this game's lingo, then we're not playing the same game. What do ZOE, Vulcan, Libs, SAW, shotguns, rocket primaries, PPA, AH, every-weapon-the-other-factions-get have in common? I'll give it to you: they're all OP! (or used to be for a few in there). :cool:
    • Up x 1
  2. Vertabrae

Ahhh, I thought you were referring to the other "OP" as in "Original Post". My bad mate.
  3. FishMcCool

I had a hunch that was the case. Confusing acronym that one. ;)
  4. lawn gnome

HAX: methods by which any other player kills you
    OP: used to define any weapon or vehicle that kills you
    UP: used to define any weapon or vehicle you prefer to use
    liberator: the harbinger of death unless you are also in your own liberator or have a severe numbers/resources advantage
    balanced: used to describe any weapon or vehicle you use that allows you to easily murder your enemy with little or no risk to yourself
  5. TheShrapnelKing

We should add there's a second definition used by SOE:

balanced (noun):
    - any and all features which may cause complaint or be considered enjoyable to use are removed until the weapon becomes generic to the point that no one uses it
  6. FaarFromFalleen

I just woke up and go to check this thread, have been lmao all morning. Thanks everyone for helping me out, and keep them coming and if I find some I don't know I'll post them, seriously thanks everyone