HS/NV Scope - Bug or Feature?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Knightley, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Knightley

2. soecarebear

seems like thay made it a real night vision, with terrible contrast , and heavy saturation by daulight.

realistic, but totally imba. who will want to sink 30 certs , have no peripheral vision, long scope time, and even waving??

of course night vision would have been OP if it allowed to make without fog.
    what we see is probably the fog, its logical: micro bubbles of water between you and target. thats is what you see.
  3. icegnome

No, it's not. Generally the scope is slightly illuminated and people and important things like turrets will show up white. Your scope is way too bright, try turning down your brightness.

The IR/NV also looks way better at higher graphics settings, so that might be why it looks like that if you have graphics on low.
  4. sagolsun

It could be a feature, more likely is that the devs didn't have the time to balance IRNV on various settings.

IRNV is overused because it's a workaround for broken non-colimated red dot sights - namely, red dot sights work like a glass panel with a dot painted on it, not an actual collimated sight, meaning your dot is animated along with your weapon animation, but your aim is fixed to the screen center.

Because SOE can get away with early 2000 production values for stuff that constantly occupies 1/4th of the viewport and you spend a good 10% of the game looking through.

Nevermind infrared being useless on Esamir, despite being the continent where the temperature difference between ambient and your target being the biggest.
  5. soecarebear

except he shows how it is without, and its quite dark...

forgot this non colimated thingy. never try to do acrobatic shots this said, perhaps i should be.
    but having somethin gthat hides your surroundindg when you are side strafing??? is it really better?
  6. S7rudL

If the,
    - reflex sight would change size with distance (bigger size when close, smaller size at longer ranges),
    - HS/NV would stop nuking peoples eyes,
    - Respawn timer reduced from current 10sec? to 8sec or 7sec,
    then the game would be more enjoyable imo.
  7. hawken is better

It's a bug, and it's been like this for quite some time. The HS/NV scope is pretty much unusable on medium graphics. This happened at the same time that infiltrators became almost completely invisible on low graphics. It's been like this for 7-8 months now, maybe longer, and I doubt SOE is actually going to fix it.
  8. Octiceps

Yeah IRNV is blinding on Medium and below. If you want to actually be able to use it, set Graphics Quality to High.

Just like the invisible infiltrator cloak on Low, SOE is punishing players with lesser rigs.
  9. Jester7x

Gona have to debunk the medium settings thing. I run medium settings and its just fine unless this was a recent change in the patch.
  10. Octiceps

You should compare the visibility at different Graphics Quality settings, especially on Esamir.
  11. hawken is better

Can you post some screen shots?
  12. JorgeSarcos

Nope! on LOW and VERY LOW the NV scope is fine... this only happens on MEDIUM.
  13. Octiceps

But then you can't see infiltrators, so you're still forced to use High so that both IRNV and cloak render correctly.
  14. JorgeSarcos

Try "forcing" High on a low end rig
  15. Octiceps

What's that supposed to mean?
  16. JorgeSarcos

If he is playing on Medium its maybe... just MAYBE... because his computer cannot handle something higher, so maybe... just MAYBE... it is more viable to just use low or very low instead of high. Just saying...
  17. sagolsun

I agree that ADSing while doing acrobatics should be penalized. No matter how hard you're flailing your limbs though, you're unlikely to be moving fast enough to bend light.

It's broken, simple as that. Games based off of the ID Tech3 (Q3A) engine can pull it off, you know, the engine built when Riva TNT2 was a monster of a GPU.

I did read a dev somewhere explaining this is working as intended because animation system nodes blah blah - that excuse may well fly with SOE's management, but it ain't fooling players.
  18. Octiceps

Exactly. SOE is punishing the potato players.
  19. MajiinBuu

I play on very low, I've never seen the HS/NV scope look like that before :confused:
  20. Knightley

Yeah, the settings are currently set on Medium, I will try and test the other ones. Although my rig can handle High/Ultra to play, the FPS drop in bigger battles is not really bearable.

But thanks for the input so far :)