Just came back for hossin and..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Youtro, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Youtro

Good lord I'm disappointed.. But not because of hossin actually, hossin is beautiful and I already like it more than any other continent but guys.. what the hell happened to the graphics?? The game looks like ****!! I quit just after PU1 (I don't actually remember why..) and I get the feeling that the current ultra settings are pretty much the medium setting of the past :\ I guess I'll stick around for a bit anyway but it just doesn't feel like the same game in which I used to like running around the place just to explore it's beauty =[
  2. Pikachu

Wut? What looks worse besides the new vehicle textures?
    • Up x 6
  3. Yuukikun

His KDR
    • Up x 7
  4. Youtro

The ground, rocks and trees and generally everything.. Like I said, It feels like its medium settings even tho im on ultra..
  5. Plunutsud pls

I heard they toned down the graphics to increase performance.

PhysX has also been disabled for a long time.
    • Up x 2
  6. volth

Yea people's with old computers or laptops got problems with performance that's why graphics isn't so good now.
    • Up x 2
  7. Pikachu

Still too vague.
    • Up x 1
  8. ironeddie

I've heard this. Although I think phsyx was also buggy. But yeah generally I think graphics were notched down to increase performance.

that said I don't consider the game on ultra to be unpretty. It's still a good looking game.
    • Up x 1
  9. Spoof

Pedantic hat on...

GPU particles were disabled. PhysX is still the underlying framework that handles vehicles, ballistics, etc.

... pedantic hat off. :)
    • Up x 1
  10. Plunutsud pls

So the game looks different on AMD?
  11. Wezdor

Yes, in the AMD version of the game tanks can fly and liberators can hover upside down, because the physics engine is worse. Sad but true...:rolleyes:

Nah, the PhysX is NOT the shiny particles you see, it's a physics engine that the whole game uses and is NOT nvidia only. The shiny particles are. Dont mix those two up.
    • Up x 3
  12. Spoof

"Don't cross the beams, Ray. That would be bad."
  13. Lovecraft

Tell 'im about the Twinkie ...
  14. libbmaster

Wut?

I haven't noticed. At all.

Textures still look fine when I crank up to max.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ronin Oni

Is that why the vehicle physics are so borked? :D
  16. Nasher

Yea "ultra" is more like medium was in beta. They nerfed it, because people with low/mid ranged systems cried that they couldn't play on ultra. So they basically made medium in to ultra to shut them up (and probably so they can claim it runs on Ultra on Ps4) :/

Textures are still as good. The cuts were made to shadows and lighting etc, the stuff you wouldn't notice at first glance. Also the idea of dynamic fog/dust (generated by battle) was removed completely before open beta even hit. The tracer effects were toned down a lot to, they used to look amazing at night, you can barely even see AA fire now.

Another thing is the physics for projectiles has been more and more simplified since launch, to make the game more easy mode. Bullet drop isn't even something you really have to think about any more.
  17. come1l

Graphics are Higby up so a$$holes on PS4 can play this game.
    • Up x 2
  18. Wyll

Hossin is not Indar, so it does not exist in many players' dojos.
    • Up x 1