As a full time Liberator Pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheChippewa

Guess what. Lib got nerfed. Now learn to fly it again. Pre-nerf I was wrecking people in my lib. Post-nerf I'm still wrecking people in my lib. If you're not running max stealth on it just go home.
    • Up x 2
  2. Flag

No.
    • Up x 2
  3. Brahma2

Why would you run stealth on the world's loudest ******* vacuum cleaner?
    • Up x 4
  4. repinSniper

So that you can silently suck.

So punny!

Or would it be so that you can suck without being detected?
    • Up x 1
  5. TheChippewa

If you have to ask why I run full stealth then I feel very sorry for you, and you can keep on getting killed in your libs. As for the noise when they can hear you from half the map away big friggin deal they don't know if I'm half way across the map or right up their tail pipe. Trolls go home I'm done with you.
    • Up x 1
  6. Brahma2

But I don't get killed... and I run NAR.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheChippewa

You don't run anything alls you do is gun for pk in one little tiny area on Amerish. You must be very sad Amerish gets locked now. Good luck with your future gunning.

Oh wait I guess you do run under bio labs and back to the warp gate...lol.
  8. PKfire

Brahma is my beloved tail-gunner and you're right, we don't like to go further than one hex from the WG at all times because safety first!

/eyeroll
  9. ohknoh

I'm having a really hard time understanding what the issue here is. The lib is a VERY effective vehicle, that's also requires a concerted effort from several people to even threaten, let alone destroy it.

Is there anything in the game that can insta-gib a liberator other than shenanigans like ramming with a galaxy or something? I'm pretty sure there isn't. That in and of itself is a luxury that's worth every resource point. In a lib, when you're attacked, you have time to react, assess the situation, and either leave the area, or take out whatever threat's you're facing.

You can literally pick any fight you want to join, and get there in seconds.

On top of the best survivability, you also have some of the deadliest weapons in the game, all fired from a platform with a birdseye view of the ground, allowing you to ignore ground cover.

I mean the list goes on and on, in terms of your advantages. What are your disadvantages? Oh people can hear your giant plane coming now? Oh you have to fly off and reload every so often now? Oh, you have to get a little closer to the action now? Are you kidding me?

Before the patch, liberators had no real threats except maybe a handful of skilled esf pilots, or another skilled lib crew. Everything else you could either evade, or destroy. Guess what, it's still the same thing, only now people have a tiny bit more warning.

If you're in a liberator, being killed by ground targets, you're doing it wrong. You have way too many options to allow yourself to be killed by something that can only threaten you for a few seconds before they're dead, or you're out of range.

What are you lib pilots even complaining about?
    • Up x 2
  10. come1l

SOE developers need to actually play this game. I miss the days when you guys still pulled libs. Now you guys don't pull libs anymore and all pull scythes, and that is making my job a lot harder lol.
  11. come1l

L2P, noob.
  12. come1l

Teamwork noobs > ignorant MLG heavy superstar who thinks he should kill everyone with his god damned op LMG.
  13. Demigan

so you are saying that two ESF, which cost more resources, should not be able to kill a Liberator?

And for your information, I fly libs with my outfit every now and then (we don't fly them CONSTANTLY like you) and we can do pretty well against other ESF. And with, you know... a LITTLE TEAMWORK you can destroy other ESF as well.

The problem with AA is that AA dies fast as well. While you ofcourse only see the Air side of the game, you've never been on the AA side, and I have been on the AA side a lot. AA rockets? takes time, can be thwarted and 'a little teamwork' barely ever happens with AA rockets. Also there's the times when the Liberators are pounding your position while OUT OF REACH of your rockets! Wonderful!
    AA MAX? Finally something people use with teamwork. Only they cost 350 infantry resources per MAX and you trade in ALL firepower against infantry and tanks. Where do you see AA MAXes? Mostly at Bunkers since anywhere else is just TOO DANGEROUS, the only places out in the open with AA MAXes are large-scale Zergs or near a Sunderer on top of a high ridge.
    Skyguard? You need constant backup from friendlies, you know, teamwork? If you have only one friendly tank with you odds are you are going to be C4red, attacked by Heavies, punched by MBT's and better equipped Lightnings (you know, WITHOUT skyguard) or... destroyed by one single Liberator? These things can still kill you in literally 5 seconds if they approach you right.
    You trade in almost your firepower to be able to kill air units with ANY option, while ESF can be good against... Air, Infantry and Tanks at the same time. Liberators can be good against Infantry and tanks, and mediocre-good against air depending on your crew.

Now your complaint about 'you die all the time'. How long does a Tank survive? How long does INFANTRY survive? A MAX needs constant backup of multiple units to be effective considering it's cost, and it can only be primed to attack one group at a time properly, Infantry, tanks or air.

Yours sincerely,
    Demigan.
  14. MisterBond

Its easy to say "A little team work" when 99 out of 100 times when you're attacked by air, its NOT something you see coming

So yeah, if you SEE the Lib coming, yes, its dead in seconds. When you DON'T see the Lib coming, well, its open season for it
  15. Dreadnaut

Except now you can hear them coming much further away.
  16. Sebastien

So now you know when death is imminent, rather than just instant. ******* Genius.
  17. MisterBond

Little help when you're in a huge battlefield and everything is blowing up around you
  18. Lightwolf

I was about to ask if you have a neck that turns, but you don't really even need that. Just good situational awareness.
    Libs are slow for air vehicles, if you're honestly still having lib problems, look around every eight seconds or so.
  19. Sebastien

I could be looking at a Lib just out of reach till the end of time. It still wouldn't help considering it's faster than I am and can loiter out of my gun's arc, which means the Lib can take his time, and there's nothing I can do.

The only thing situational awareness is good for, is telling me it's time to leave because a Lib has entered the Hex.
    • Up x 1
  20. MisterBond

I love how its always an excuse for why a Lib should be able to gun down infantry at max range

Maybe, just, just maybe, when launchers have such a short lock on range, that maybe, just maybe, even if you see a lib coming, you can't shoot at it until its already peppered you with shots, and then buggered off

And maybe, just, just maybe, because you only had less then 4 seconds of warning, you were not able to get your "Team" of people to work together, to all switch to HA, grab their lock on launchers, and get out of spawn to shoot you down before you started shooting at people

Maybe, just, you know, MAYBE

IE - I love gunning in a lib, I'm very good at it, but yes, its still op. Double rocket lock on distance, then I'll be ok with it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.