Mosquito rocket pods nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeCobretti, Jun 29, 2014.

1. MikeCobretti

The last patch is absolutely ridiculous, these things are nearly useless. Raining down on infantry with no effect, killing a lightning with 18 pieces shooting strictly to backside is a bad joke. Maybe shooting with marshmallows would have better killing effect. I am wondering who will compensate the purchase of these weapons which are nerfed to hell all the time :confused:
    • Up x 1
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

Yes, only TR got nerf, VS and NC just got hit detection nerf
    • Up x 2
  3. Tyrant103

If you were able to kill a lightning with 1 magazine of rockets that would be OP imo. If all rounds hit, it goes on fire. Just finish him off with nose gun.
  4. vanu123

You do realize that we all were nerfed right?
  5. Gleerok

Nobody cares about defending rocketpods, not even me, I don't waste my time.

They were nerfed over and over and over, many times needed nerfs. Many abused the hell out of them when they were untouched, and now they get no sympathy.

The most recent nerf was a side-effect from the Liberator adjustments, which was discussed on many treads around here;

The Lib as the optimal Air to Ground (A2G) vehicle needs the edge on anti-vehicle capabilities, which means ESFs needed to go weaker as anti-vehicle options and more powerful as Anti-ESF/air options. Result? Rocket Pods nerfed.

I agree with that. Besides, rocketpods are still very usable on my opinion. I only think Liberators should be stripped from Anti-ESF capabilities in turn thought.

If you really want to go A2G with ESFs, specially anti-vehicle, I think you should try Hornets. I personally never tried them, but getting hit by them on a MBT hurts, a lot.
    • Up x 1
  6. SNAFUS

Though the damage nerf was not exactly welcoming to ESF it has not changed much. Experienced pilots can still perform one pass kills with laying some rotary fire on the burning target, and my farming of infantry has not been affected. So yeah it was an annoying nerf and really not needed, but it really didn't change much either though.
  7. come1l

T.R.U.

I actually would like to see ESFs as more A2A oriented vehicles and Liberators as more A2G oriented vehicles.
    • Up x 1